Financial Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
jrm57
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Financial Assistance

Post by jrm57 »

I am a 54 disabled women living on very low SS income. I am in need of financial assistance in purchasing a used mobile home to live. I am willing to apply for a loan, but income to low. My living arrangement at the moment is temporary, and not sure how much longer I will be able to reside here. Can someone please help. I am no residing in St Clair County, Illinois
Thank You
Last edited by jrm57 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial Assistance

Post by Admin »

As we ask all the time, what state, county, and/or town. Programs are specific and local. It is impossible for us to provide any advice or information unless we know that. In the meantime, maybe try a Housing Urban Development (HUD) housing counselor. In addition to helping people stop foreclosures, many may also know about loan programs or down payment. Find a listing of HUD counselors by state.
jrm57 wrote:I am a 54 disabled women living on very low SS income. I am in need of financial assistance in purchasing a used mobile home to live. I am willing to apply for a loan, but income to low. My living arrangement at the moment is temporary, and not sure how much longer I will be able to reside here. Can someone please help. Thank You
jrm57

Post by jrm57 »

Thank you for your reply.
Barrack

Post by Barrack »

I am in a financial emergency. I live alone and lost my job. I have been waiting for my appeal thru EDD which I won but was only given 175.00. I have been waiting since 11/19/12. I am behind on my rent, I have no propane, my electric bill is now up to 300.00 I have medical costs, no car insurance., etc. I have been picking up side jobs as much as possible. I have no one but myself and I am scared. I am a hard worker and can show proof of my character with letters of recommendation if needed. Please give me info on some resources any that can help me out in my immediate emergency need. Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, you didn't put where you live, which is most critical as programs are local. Anyway, we think you are in Lubbock. Is that the case? if so, for those diverse needs try the Salvation Army in Lubbock County Texas. They may have food, funds for rent or utilities, information on employment programs and more. Car insurance assistance doesn't exist. Get more details on Salvation Army programs in Lubbock.
SoyB

Post by SoyB »

Need temporary help with mortgage payments, medical bills, prescriptions, utilities, car repairs, college, property taxes, HOA dues, food, gas. I also need therapy, laundry detergent, soap, shampoo, and lastly have desperate need of dental help.
I will be 45 this month, as many others, I have worked hard all my life, raised son on my own with no help from anyone, including the government. I have worked so very hard for the American Dream and to teach my son to work, which he does. I just want a little bit of help to get back on my feet and return to being independent, self-sufficient as I always have been. But when the economy hit the mortgage industry as it did, my business just crumbled, my husband left me, I do not even know how to contact him. It has been two years, I suppose I need legal help to, so I can get a divorce. My depression has been so severe starting within a few months of my lucrative business closing, title insurance on mortgages, in 2011.
I even tried to commit suicide twice, I am not thankful, the bullet in the gun to my head got stuck in chamber and also that I did not bleed to death before arriving at the hospital. I have always been a very a hard working person until 2011, then my whole world just fell apart. I did go to rehab 02/12-03/12 and I have been clean and sober since 03/12. I did get a job making $9.50 an hour 10/2011 and struggled so and I was and did look for a job while working the very low paying job. Finally I did get an offer for a job at $18.00 an hour; but it only lasted less than 3 weeks. Age discrimination is so very sad, I do have an attorney handling that which he gets 40% of the settlement. Anyway, I am begging, pleading, crying for just some help, especially with my mortgage payments, which my mortgage company is threatening a foreclosure on.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of needs. Well, things will get better. The economy is improving...slowly but surely. Anyway, for all of that, such as mortgage payments, the medical costs, and everything else you indicated, we have that covered on the site. Just explore it. We even have mental health care programs listed. So hang in there and look for programs that may assist you with basic living needs. Read help with bills.
Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Assistance in paying my house/land payment or/and assistance in paying a very high SCE&G light bill ($829) for one month. Any information or any type of assistance (including other information to try and get help). I have 2 children, and an unemployed but looking daily.
As of Oct. 31, 2014 I because a one household parent and I trying to keep my home for me and my children. I will owe it in about 2.5 years and I do not want to lose it, because I and my children will become homeless and I think it will be easier to pay off my home then to rent someone to stay (which I don't have the money for that either). I am sure I will find a job soon I just need help to get caught up, the change in my family income in October was a shock and that is why I need financial help now. Thank you and God Bless you for creating this site.
Diane100

Post by Diane100 »

I was staying with a friend in her apartment with no electricity up until she recently received an eviction notice. I'm hoping someone can maybe help get me in to a motel somewhere. Just long enough to get EVERYTHING going again. So I'm out that heat, can shower, and possibly eat. If not who might be able to. Thank you and may your day be blessed. Sincerely.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is some information on where to look for in Charleston South Carolina area. So are you saying you have a mortgage and may pay it off in 2.5 years? Or do you rent? Anyway, the Charleston Human Service agency can offer details on everything from employment to electric bill help and more. But thanks for your comments on the site....we appreciate it.
Doler

Post by Doler »

I am trying to find out what if any rental or financial assistance is available in the Ashland NY 12407 area. The closest major city is Catskills and the county is Greene County.
My nephew gets disability and was living at home. However he can no longer live there. He has found housing in the Ashland NY area that is very inexpensive but he will still need assistance with the rent and utilities bills. He is 33 years old and his disparity check is about 750 a month.
Is there some email address of telephone number we can call in Greene County to discuss the possibility of getting some rental assistance?
Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are not many resources in the Ashland area. So we are not sure what to tell you. Maybe try the Salvation Army in Greene County, as they may not only have some funds. But also referrals as well as information for you.
Doler wrote:I am trying to find out what if any rental or financial assistance is available in the Ashland NY 12407 area. The closest major city is Catskills and the county is Greene County.
My nephew gets disability and was living at home. However he can no longer live there. He has found housing in the Ashland NY area that is very inexpensive but he will still need assistance with the rent and utilities bills. He is 33 years old and his disparity check is about 750 a month.
Is there some email address of telephone number we can call in Greene County to discuss the possibility of getting some rental assistance?
Thanks.