Disabled and need help as have limited income

State and local government assistance programs.
jMacdouglas1

Disabled and need help as have limited income

Post by jMacdouglas1 »

I am totally disabled and my income is SSDI and a very small SSI payment. I have sole custody of 2 children that has been with me since they we were infants (I did not foresee at that time 4 surgeries with the last leaving me with RSD) and no COLA. I home school both children along w/ a religious curriculum. I had been making it (barely), a decent roof over our heads, nutritious meals on the table and the utilities paid and good clothes and shoes for the children since I am good at frugal shopping. The electric bill sky rocketed about mid summer and no matter what I tried to do I could not get caught up. I lost our home and put the few furnishings I did not sell in storage. We finally had become homeless, my worst nightmare. I did not want the children (ages 5 and 9) to realize this, so I just said we were going to spend some time at Grandma's. About 2 weeks after leaving our home and after being on the waiting list for almost 4 yrs for a section 8 rental voucher, I received our, "we have funds available" for you letter. We could not find anything at the FMR costs in our area and because of some other circumstances we were granted portability to Wilmington NC. I have found a very nice home in a great, safe neighborhood there. I had been trying to save money for this time. I had to dip into it to travel to Wilmington NC (est. 5 hr drive) and then pay for motel rooms while we searched for our new home and hopefully a new start. We are now awaiting the inspection to be completed and then we can be on our way to our home. I draw very little SSDI (637 mthly) and we are now facing the costs of moving, an 850.00 dollar sec. dep. on the home, 250.00 deposit for the water hookup and 200-400 for elec. hookup. I have part but not all and we will have nothing left to live on at all plus we only have our BRoom furniture as I sold the rest because I could not afford a larger storage unit. I know that once we get past all the deposits and the driver license, highway tax, title and tag fee's we will be able to make it fine. The milder climate will also be easier on the RSD and the pain from all the surgeries done on my arthritic spine. I am beginning to get scared that all these deposits and start up costs will keep us from getting into our new home. Since I am not yet a resident of that state as of yet I am not eligible to ask or apply for help. Can you help me? Info, suggestions, links, anything? I do continue to pray and hold to the faith that Our Good Lord shall provide what we need but I also feel that we need to put forth the effort of finding that help. I hope to hear from you soon. Bless you. Sincerely
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled and need help as have limited income

Post by Admin »

Use the link to the main site to find information on assistance programs in Wilmington and New Hanover County North Carolina. There are different places that can help you with your housing, and some may require waiting lists and some may not.
Maybe the first places to call for your situation is the New Hanover County Community Action, Inc. and theirphone number is (910) 762-1177. While you may not be a resident yet, they may have some options or services that you can use, or places to contact, to help you get settled in your your home state.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ance_.html
jMacdouglas1 wrote:I am totally disabled and my income is SSDI and a very small SSI payment. I have sole custody of 2 children that has been with me since they we were infants (I did not foresee at that time 4 surgeries with the last leaving me with RSD) and no COLA. I home school both children along w/ a religious curriculum. I had been making it (barely), a decent roof over our heads, nutritious meals on the table and the utilities paid and good clothes and shoes for the children since I am good at frugal shopping. The electric bill sky rocketed about mid summer and no matter what I tried to do I could not get caught up. I lost our home and put the few furnishings I did not sell in storage. We finally had become homeless, my worst nightmare. I did not want the children (ages 5 and 9) to realize this, so I just said we were going to spend some time at Grandma's. About 2 weeks after leaving our home and after being on the waiting list for almost 4 yrs for a section 8 rental voucher, I received our, "we have funds available" for you letter. We could not find anything at the FMR costs in our area and because of some other circumstances we were granted portability to Wilmington NC. I have found a very nice home in a great, safe neighborhood there. I had been trying to save money for this time. I had to dip into it to travel to Wilmington NC (est. 5 hr drive) and then pay for motel rooms while we searched for our new home and hopefully a new start. We are now awaiting the inspection to be completed and then we can be on our way to our home. I draw very little SSDI (637 mthly) and we are now facing the costs of moving, an 850.00 dollar sec. dep. on the home, 250.00 deposit for the water hookup and 200-400 for elec. hookup. I have part but not all and we will have nothing left to live on at all plus we only have our BRoom furniture as I sold the rest because I could not afford a larger storage unit. I know that once we get past all the deposits and the driver license, highway tax, title and tag fee's we will be able to make it fine. The milder climate will also be easier on the RSD and the pain from all the surgeries done on my arthritic spine. I am beginning to get scared that all these deposits and start up costs will keep us from getting into our new home. Since I am not yet a resident of that state as of yet I am not eligible to ask or apply for help. Can you help me? Info, suggestions, links, anything? I do continue to pray and hold to the faith that Our Good Lord shall provide what we need but I also feel that we need to put forth the effort of finding that help. I hope to hear from you soon. Bless you. Sincerely
wegerskib

Post by wegerskib »

How do I get help threw this program? I have tried many but since my husband passed away I took what was left and paid off our house and I cant get help thru charities or any place I have tried. They said since I dont have rent or a mortgage they can not help me. I have no ideal where else to turn to I am having a hard time getting back up on my feet since his death. I am on disability I have to pick myself up and do it to make it I rob peter to pay Paul since his death. But school for our daughter cost alot I cant even get food stamps because of the same reason. I have always been on the other foot giving and giving but now I know what its like to ask. This is my info any amount I would be thankful for. I could take what ever is gave and put it toward groceries , electric or gas bill. Thank you so much for taking your time to read my email god bless and take care,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is it your mortgage and housing payments you need help with. if so, here is a listing of programs, including those from banks, your state and federal government, and mortgage servicers.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... tgage.html
wegerskib wrote:How do I get help threw this program? I have tried many but since my husband passed away I took what was left and paid off our house and I cant get help thru charities or any place I have tried. They said since I dont have rent or a mortgage they can not help me. I have no ideal where else to turn to I am having a hard time getting back up on my feet since his death. I am on disability I have to pick myself up and do it to make it I rob peter to pay Paul since his death. But school for our daughter cost alot I cant even get food stamps because of the same reason. I have always been on the other foot giving and giving but now I know what its like to ask. This is my info any amount I would be thankful for. I could take what ever is gave and put it toward groceries , electric or gas bill. Thank you so much for taking your time to read my email god bless and take care,
jenneifermegan

Post by jenneifermegan »

Good afternoon,
I'm in need of additional information and assistance for a family with a disabled child that will be left homeless in Omaha Nebraska if they don't find the help they need. They have been trying to the past Two months to get assiatnce and the different agencies are either given them wrong information, or they are referring them to agenies that will not work with them. Can you please help me assist this family in being able to keep their home. They oinly need assistance with one months rent. UnfortunetlyN I do not have the funds or I would help them. Can u please help .

Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that in Lincoln County Nebraska? If so, here is info on non-profits, charities, and agencies.
If a disabled child may be homeless there should be many places to help with that. Both disabled, and child, tent to have more access then others to assistance.
try calling the Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska at (308) 865-5681. They offer various aid programs and support, both government programs and local non-profit agencies. Good luck, and I hope you can help the family.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/lin ... prog1.html
jenneifermegan wrote:Good afternoon,
I'm in need of additional information and assistance for a family with a disabled child that will be left homeless in Omaha Nebraska if they don't find the help they need. They have been trying to the past Two months to get assiatnce and the different agencies are either given them wrong information, or they are referring them to agenies that will not work with them. Can you please help me assist this family in being able to keep their home. They oinly need assistance with one months rent. UnfortunetlyN I do not have the funds or I would help them. Can u please help .

Regards,
CSheen

Post by CSheen »

Im a 51 year old disabled woman on ssi and raising a disabled grandson also on ssi and as of 7-2-09 i got custody of my niece born that day addicted to drugs my home was foreclosed on in september 2010 i draw food stamps and get 89 a month on my niece she had a brother born august 12 2010 and mt parents were helping with him until my dad had a massive stroke so iv had him permanently since december and had my water shut off this week i just cant make it without help how can i get help with my rent my land lord said something about hud but i cant find out how to apply and dont have gas anyway these babies need clothes they grow so fast and my elec. bill is hard to pay please help me find the help i need.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need information on HUD, it is a government housing program. Millions of people can get rent help, advice, and more. Unfortunately usually their is a waiting list for aid. Looks like you live in Berrien Michigan. So here is info on some programs in your area.
To learn or find a HUD agency in your area, dial Southwest Michigan Community Action Agency at (269) 925-9077
Another place to call is Salvation Army of St. Joseph and Berrien County Michigan 344-6119
Both may have rent or housing programs, and financial help for rent. Including food stamps and more.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ber ... _prog.html
CSheen wrote:Im a 51 year old disabled woman on ssi and raising a disabled grandson also on ssi and as of 7-2-09 i got custody of my niece born that day addicted to drugs my home was foreclosed on in september 2010 i draw food stamps and get 89 a month on my niece she had a brother born august 12 2010 and mt parents were helping with him until my dad had a massive stroke so iv had him permanently since december and had my water shut off this week i just cant make it without help how can i get help with my rent my land lord said something about hud but i cant find out how to apply and dont have gas anyway these babies need clothes they grow so fast and my elec. bill is hard to pay please help me find the help i need.
Dexia

Post by Dexia »

I have been disabled for a long time.I am having problems with getting ssi disability.I do have an attorney,but still having problems.I have had a heartattack with surgery with stents in the beginning of this year. I have had nerve damage in my entire left hand, arm, left area.both together is extremely difficult for me and what I'm able to do.my emergency needs is everyday living.my utilities has been shut off,not good for my disabilities. My rent is behind and I will be evicted real soon if I don't get emergency help now.I have no medical, and even 4to10 dollar prescriptions are very expensive for me.I do not have my own transportation and limited communications coming in n out.except for this and mail.I have high anxiety and depression. I do get a lil bit of food stamps.I need to know what can you or anyone do for me n my situations, without loosing what I already have. And only have. Please help me and send this to people who can only help. Thank you for your time n patience, sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you have extensive need for medications for the heart conditions, stents, and other medical needs. Good news is there are many programs that offer low cost medications to the low income. One of the major ones is the Patient Advocate Foundation. They can offer medications, and other aid and advice for medical and hospital bills, as well as charity care. Phone 1-800-532-5274.
Dexia wrote:I have been disabled for a long time.I am having problems with getting ssi disability.I do have an attorney,but still having problems.I have had a heartattack with surgery with stents in the beginning of this year. I have had nerve damage in my entire left hand, arm, left area.both together is extremely difficult for me and what I'm able to do.my emergency needs is everyday living.my utilities has been shut off,not good for my disabilities. My rent is behind and I will be evicted real soon if I don't get emergency help now.I have no medical, and even 4to10 dollar prescriptions are very expensive for me.I do not have my own transportation and limited communications coming in n out.except for this and mail.I have high anxiety and depression. I do get a lil bit of food stamps.I need to know what can you or anyone do for me n my situations, without loosing what I already have. And only have. Please help me and send this to people who can only help. Thank you for your time n patience, sincerely,
MorganGold

Post by MorganGold »

Good Afternoon,
I am trying to find an charitable organization that helps those who are disabled and on a limited income. I have a next door neighbor a married woman with two kids woman in her late 40’s that is unable to work due to a severe case of fibromyalgia, which has made it impossible for her to work any longer. She has a son whom is also handicapped. Her home has a roof that is totally unsuitable. Her whole roof is covered in plastic as the entire roof leaks very badly. She has no means to do the repairs. Our church has tried to raise the money to have it done for her but the cost is just too high. I have prayed about it and there has to be some way for this to be done for her. Thank you very much for your time. She lives in Tacoma, WA
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think one program you may want to look into is weatherization. find information here on it in Tacoma Washington. It is funded by the federal government, and it is free to income qualified families. It may include roof repairs to both help people save money on utility bills, and to make homes sage. Also look into your local housing authority, as some offer very low interest loans for home repairs.
MorganGold wrote:Good Afternoon,
I am trying to find an charitable organization that helps those who are disabled and on a limited income. I have a next door neighbor a married woman with two kids woman in her late 40’s that is unable to work due to a severe case of fibromyalgia, which has made it impossible for her to work any longer. She has a son whom is also handicapped. Her home has a roof that is totally unsuitable. Her whole roof is covered in plastic as the entire roof leaks very badly. She has no means to do the repairs. Our church has tried to raise the money to have it done for her but the cost is just too high. I have prayed about it and there has to be some way for this to be done for her. Thank you very much for your time. She lives in Tacoma, WA
Cincy

Post by Cincy »

Hello,
My doctor advised that I apply for disability in Oct. 2011 Since that date i have sold all my daughters and my personal items to pay the rent and bills. I am unable to pay my rent or electric as of current. We are facing being homeless. Is there anyone I can turn to for help in our time of need?
Thank you so much,
Cincy

Post by Cincy »

Hi, i was recently in an accident. The person who hit our car just took off. My back and neck have been hurting since and i have been in terrible pain. I have a protrusion on my lower back. All they are doing now is steroid epidural injections and therapy. I haven't been able to work because if im on my feet too long i get excruciating pain in my back and down my leg. I have 3 boys and i don't know where to turn for help. Ive called a few places about utility help, but since im not elderly or disabled they wouldn't help me. Is there any places you know that may help with any bills- rent, electric, water, or food? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks so much!
Bobbie13

Post by Bobbie13 »

To Whom This May Concern;
My family and I are making an appeal to anyone or organization that maybe able to help us in our time of need. I am a single mother of 2 with 1 grandchild and another on the way. We all live together in my home with my mom trying to make it in this trying economy. We live in Mississippi. I have been diagnosed with cardiac issues, with a IVC Filter embedded in the big vein in my heart in which my doctor has taken me out of school and rendered me unable to work. My Aunt has just been diagnosed with Mental Illness and a Brain Tumor and is unable to work as well and my daughter is also unable to work due to complications with her pregnancy.
As if that was not enough my twin boys and I all suffer from Asthma and have been going through complication with their Asthma. All of my bills are currently one or more months behind and we are in desperate need of some kind of financial assistance. We have done all we can to maintain however; taking from Peter to Pay Paul has taken its toll and there is no money to pay any of the bills. We are always paying the last months bills while waiting on disability and cannot catch up so we can get back on track again.
If there is any organization, agency, or person that has read my story that can help me and. my family please contact me by e-mail so we can make some arrangements to get these bills paid.
Sincerely;