Need better credit scores to rent an apartment

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Cornhusker
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need better credit scores to rent an apartment

Post by Cornhusker »

I am living with my 3 kids in a household of 12 (yes, that is 12 people) not including myself with a friend I have had hardships in the past were I couldn't continue to pay my rent with my income & have 2 judgments against me I am having a hard time finding someone to rent to me for past mistakes although I have a more stable job. I would like help with finding no credit check rental properties or at least somehow improve my credit scores, Thanks in advance!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need better credit scores to rent an apartment

Post by Admin »

It is incredible that many potential employers, apartment communities, and companies of all sorts use credit scores in order to apply or dent people. Having a high credit rating is more important than ever. Some government housing may be no credit score check housing. But you still need to look into impoving credit scores. Try a counselor, non-profit ideally.
Cornhusker wrote:I am living with my 3 kids in a household of 12 (yes, that is 12 people) not including myself with a friend I have had hardships in the past were I couldn't continue to pay my rent with my income & have 2 judgments against me I am having a hard time finding someone to rent to me for past mistakes although I have a more stable job. I would like help with finding no credit check rental properties or at least somehow improve my credit scores, Thanks in advance!
Mushy

Post by Mushy »

I am 32 years old and am trying to get my first apartment. I am currently working a FT job as a Housekeeper and my boyfriend is out of work and his unemployment has ran out. We are currently living with my mom but we are ready to move out on our own due to our neighborhood becoming unsafe. I cannot afford to pay rent alone because of my poor credit. I have a high car payment, medical bills, tuition, and a credit card bill. I am seeking help for 1 year so that I can finish school and finish paying off my car. Also what can I do to improve my credit scores. I have NO KIDS and it seems that ALL programs require you to have kids. I have decided NOT TO HAVE KIDS right now because I cannot afford them. I am looking for assistance for me and my boyfriend so that we can move to a safer neighborhood ASAP and I can finish school. Can you help? Thanks.
Marriot12

Post by Marriot12 »

Hello there, I am requesting info to help my dad. He has worked very hard for the past 28 years for his home which he lost due to the economy and to raise both of his children as a single father. He went to college and trade school for a few years and still is having a hard time finding a job. He finally after four years and losing his home found a job that pays 8.00 an hour Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Now he is trying to find an apartment, but when he applies and gets the deposit money down, he is denied because he lost his house and now has poor credit. He works in Anaheim and wants to live in that area for my little brother to go to nearby schools, but he is currently staying with a family member who is treating him like a slave and threatens to kick him out every day. Is there any help to find a place to live that will give him a chance and take him in as a tenant? Please it's breaking my heart to see my strong single father go through this and I can't afford to help him. Please contact me by phone or email thank you so much. Sent from my iPhone.
Master12

Post by Master12 »

I am a 28 year old single female, who pretty much lost everything along with my career job in 2008. Since then I have lived with family members and worked a dozen low paying jobs, as a result my credit is pretty bad and soon I will have no place to live once my aunt moves. I'm not complaining. I just need a little help finding a place of my own I’m still working and will continue to do so if there's any help for me please contact me.
Juker

Post by Juker »

To whom it may concern,
I am a 24 year old senior at Cortland State University. This past year has been difficult and stressful, as my family and I have become financially unstable and things took a turn for the worst. My mother and my 12 year old little brother are homeless and living in their car while going to work everyday trying to make money so that they can afford a place to live. I do not work but I am a full time student and I live with a friend.
Credit is a major issue because it is the center of all the doors that are closing on us. My mother cannot afford a place to live yet, and even if she did, her credit is checked extensively and denied over and over again. I am in need of a place to stay on my university campus but cannot apply for a private loan to cover the cost because I have no one in my family to be a cosigner for me. When school begins, I don't have books like the other students because I cant afford to buy any.
Is there anyway to help us? Everywhere we go people seem to be so heartless. They think that just because my mother works, that she'll be alright living in her car with no food or proper shelter. When I ask for assistance, I too, am turned down. I am so close to graduating with a Bachelor's degree that will help me get my foot in the door to a better future. We have always been respectful and responsible people. Never had I thought that we would be treated this way by entities that are supposed to help us. We are honest and just need a chance. Please help us to the best of you ability.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Often times non-profit credit counseling agencies will help on improving your scores, and there are places to try in Cortland New York. But you are correct in that being a major factor in people approving you for an apartment, as they look at that and many other factors when applying. The counselors can also provide free advice on saving, budgeting, and more. So give them a call to set up an appointment, and learn more on New York credit counseling agencies.
Manzel

Post by Manzel »

My daughter lives in Oceanside and is currently homeless and stays in a hotel due to an eviction and is unable to rent an apartment due to it showing on her credit report or when they do a landlord reference check. Do you have any resources that can assist her because whatever she earns with her part time job is all used to keep her off the streets?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Oceanside in California? If so, you use for resources.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... diego.html
The credit counseling agencies may be able to help your daughter rebuild her credit scores. Then that could lead to her potentially getting into an apartment if she meets other criteria, such as money for the deposit, employment criteria, etc.
Manzel wrote:My daughter lives in Oceanside and is currently homeless and stays in a hotel due to an eviction and is unable to rent an apartment due to it showing on her credit report or when they do a landlord reference check.
Oceans

Post by Oceans »

Good day.
I am contacting you on behalf of my daughter. She has recently suffered a setback in that her apartment has been condemned by the City of Raleigh. I have a one bedroom and am living with my future husband so all that I could give her would be my couch and she doesn't do well around males.
She has a lead on an apartment but must clear a previous housing debt before the new apartment will rent to her. In order for her to pay off this debt and improve her credit she needs
$ 1100.00 to pay it all at once. The collection agency will not accept payments. She works a full time job from 9 to 5 and then a second job 11-7. So getting time off to find churches or organizations to help her are limited.
I am blind in one eye and do not have a car so my helping her is nearly nothing.
Would it be possible for you to contact her to let her know where she can go for assistance in either paying the new rent $725.00 or help with the other debt.
Thank you for all your time and effort.
SteveZell

Post by SteveZell »

My family will be homeless as if tomorrow due to our bad credit scores. .. We spent so much money already on applications just to turn down due to not so good credit. We had little to no hope in finding a place but by the grace of God this application went through, the only down fall is they are asking for a non-negotiable 2800 to move in which we don’t have as of now.
I have two children boys ages 4 and 2 myself and the kids father we have resided at our residence for 5 years and both are working but struggling at the moment. Please can you provided us with any resources to help with the rent and get us better credit. The ones we have called so far told us they have no funds available. Please contact me via e mail or phone - god bless thanks.