Disability can't pay the mortgage

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Dominic
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disability can't pay the mortgage

Post by Dominic »

My girlfriend is out of work due to disability. She has 2500 a month of bills, and here mortgage is roughly 1200 a month. So things are tight right now. I don't know what to do, I need a way to help her, she is fitting a short term disability case right now and if she wins then she will be ok, but if she doesn't then.....bye bye house and bye bye credit. Please help. We live in Albuquerque, NM and the mortgage is through Bank of America.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disability can't pay the mortgage

Post by Admin »

Well you can get some advice on dealing with those outstanding bills, and some mortgage/foreclosure counseling in New Mexico. Try speaking to a HUD certified/approved housing counselor. Most of the programs are resources as well as advice is free, if your income qualified you. Hundreds of counselors operate across New Mexico and Albuquerque.
More on New Mexico housing counselors
Dominic wrote:My girlfriend is out of work due to disability. She has 2500 a month of bills, and here mortgage is roughly 1200 a month. So things are tight right now. I don't know what to do, I need a way to help her, she is fitting a short term disability case right now and if she wins then she will be ok, but if she doesn't then.....bye bye house and bye bye credit. Please help. We live in Albuquerque, NM and the mortgage is through Bank of America.
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

To Whom It May Concern,
I need assistance paying my bills. I am not sure who to contact for assistance. I have been on Short-Term Disability for over 5 months due to health issues. I was making 60% of my wages when I was on Short-Term Disability and was struggling to make my bill payments. To make matters worse, I recently found out I was denied Short-Term Disability due to the fact that Medical Documents were not receive by Reed Group (Disability Company) by the due date. I am in the process of appealing their decision, however, I now have no income coming in. I am a homeowner and have many bills to pay. I am a single mother of two children and I do not receive child support. I am scared I am going to lose my house and ruin my credit. Please help me find assistance programs in my area!!! I can be reached via email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So your home loan is with Bank of America is what it sounds like. They do have quite a few mortgage and foreclosure assistance programs, including principal reduction, loan modifications, and others. Hundreds of thousands of homeowners have been assisted by BOA and have been able to stay in their homes. Get details on all of the Bank of America mortgage and foreclosure prevention solutions.
Osborne wrote:To Whom It May Concern,
I need assistance paying my bills. I am not sure who to contact for assistance. I have been on Short-Term Disability for over 5 months due to health issues. I was making 60% of my wages when I was on Short-Term Disability and was struggling to make my bill payments. To make matters worse, I recently found out I was denied Short-Term Disability due to the fact that Medical Documents were not receive by Reed Group (Disability Company) by the due date. I am in the process of appealing their decision, however, I now have no income coming in. I am a homeowner and have many bills to pay. I am a single mother of two children and I do not receive child support. I am scared I am going to lose my house and ruin my credit. Please help me find assistance programs in my area!!! I can be reached via email.
Martin1

Post by Martin1 »

I'M DISABLED TAKING CARE OF MY DISABLED 20 YEAR OLD SON. I HAVE BEEN UNEMPLOYED FOR 18 MONTHS AND MY SON CANNOT WORK DUE TO MENTAL ILLNESS. I NOW MUST LIVE WITH MY X HUSBAND IN ORDER TO CARE FOR OUR SON SO MY EX HUSBAND CAN WORK. WE HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE AND I AM NOT ABLE TO PAY MY SHARE OF MORTGAGE AND MANY OTHER EXPENSES.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into some of the Oregon mortgage assistance programs. They are offered to homeowners across the state. Options like mediation, loan modifications, and the government agency known as Oregon Housing and Community Services (OHCS). All of these are great options. You and ex husband may both be able to benefit from the assistance.
Martin1 wrote:I'M DISABLED TAKING CARE OF MY DISABLED 20 YEAR OLD SON. I HAVE BEEN UNEMPLOYED FOR 18 MONTHS AND MY SON CANNOT WORK DUE TO MENTAL ILLNESS. I NOW MUST LIVE WITH MY X HUSBAND IN ORDER TO CARE FOR OUR SON SO MY EX HUSBAND CAN WORK. WE HAVE NO HEALTH INSURANCE AND I AM NOT ABLE TO PAY MY SHARE OF MORTGAGE AND MANY OTHER EXPENSES.
EricFisher

Post by EricFisher »

Good Morning,
I am 45, and receive SSD as I am permanently and totally disabled and on Medicare. Hurricane Sandy left me without appliances, tore apart my roof, etc., and each time I'd apply for assistance I was denied for "not enough damage, can still live in home, etc.," I am in some assistance programs such as LIHEAP which I am quite thankful for, but the hurricane did leave me with a huge problem. A 3,200 debt as I did get behind on my mortgage. I am able to pay my mortgage just fine now, but can not catch up. I am being threatened with foreclosure initiation in March.
I have tried to get several assistance plans through Chase, but I am stalled each time. For instance, the most current modification I'd asked for was to put the missed payments on the back of the loan. However, when I thought I was receiving a letter with a decision after nearly two months, it was a default letter. It was stated that I had not provided several forms for the modification decision and they could not make a decision. The problem is, right on their site which I check everyday I watched the progress, on July 19 they received these documents, on the 24th additional documents, which all went into review according to the progress status right on my account on their site. I, of course was waiting for a decision instead I find they actually lied and told me they did not receive the documents when it was clearly stated that they had. So, after living here for over 30+ years, having a loan out with them for only 45,000 and have much higher equity in the home than that, they want to foreclose on me. I may be being paranoid but I feel they have stopped and stalled me on every attempt to right the problem as they want to foreclose. I am feeling a bit desperate, especially being homebound. If you have any programs, any advice, legal aid information, any thing at all that would point me to assistance I would be most grateful. My loan is owned by Fannie Mae, if this makes a difference.
Thank you, and regards,
Lady Leaving

Post by Lady Leaving »

Hello,
I am having a difficult time catching up with my mortgage payments and would like to find out more information about your writing program as I am disabled.
My mortgage payment has significantly dropped since last year, but I am at least one month behind, and despite the little extra I pay each month, it doesn't seem to make much impact in the big picture. The monthly late fees seem to negate any real progress.
I currently write online for a couple websites, but the low per word rate doesn't provide much return for the 10 to 12 hours I put into it each day. If you have alternative options in which someone with a disability can contribute, as your site implies, I'd like to explore them. Thank you.
A sample of my writing follows. However, please keep in mind that this is a rewrite of an existing article as requested by the client; therefore, the original, succinct wording had to be modified to pass the Copyscape review. The result is a somewhat less concise.