Post by a123 »

Hello, my name is Danny. I sure hope I have the correct address! I realize we
all have problems, but I am in an extremely bad situation! The person who was
staying with me took off with not only the car, but with augusts rent money! I
am disabeled and I am terminally ill! I don't know what to do! PLEASE, is there
someone or some organization out there that will help me? I'm not looking just
for a handout, but, without some help I will be evicted from my home such as it
is! It's bad enough I have no way to get around to the doctor and pharmacy, but
also to get to the grocery store. Again, won't someone please HELP!!!!!
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Stop an eviction from apartment

Post by Admin »

Hi Danny
Where is your apartment? What state, county, city? The rent and housing programs vary by state, as well as the agencies and charities that run the programs and that pass out the funds to people in need.
a123 wrote:Hello, my name is Danny. I sure hope I have the correct address! I realize we
all have problems, but I am in an extremely bad situation! The person who was
staying with me took off with not only the car, but with augusts rent money! I
am disabeled and I am terminally ill! I don't know what to do! PLEASE, is there
someone or some organization out there that will help me? I'm not looking just
for a handout, but, without some help I will be evicted from my home such as it
is! It's bad enough I have no way to get around to the doctor and pharmacy, but
also to get to the grocery store. Again, won't someone please HELP!!!!!
jeana.tucci

Facing eviction from my apartment

Post by jeana.tucci »

I am a 30 year old single female , single mother of an 11 year old child. I am facing eviction from our apartment which will leave us homeless. I have no where to turn and need assistance paying rent. I was laid off from my job and currently waiting for unemployment to go through, but an adhuster has been brought in prolonging the release of any monies. The company I used to work for is fighting paying the unemployment. Please help. I dont even know where to start.

Hope you can help, eviction starts next week.

Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Facing eviction from my apartment

Post by Admin »

I think try the The Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. this was created from the federal stimulus program. It provides short and medium terms grants for paying rent, money for housing costs, utility bill funds, and offers counseling and advice. Most local community action agencies and non-profits may either administer the program and accept applications, or they can refer you to who can accept applications for the federal program.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... nd_ra.html

jeana.tucci wrote:I am a 30 year old single female , single mother of an 11 year old child. I am facing eviction from our apartment which will leave us homeless. I have no where to turn and need assistance paying rent. I was laid off from my job and currently waiting for unemployment to go through, but an adhuster has been brought in prolonging the release of any monies. The company I used to work for is fighting paying the unemployment. Please help. I dont even know where to start.

Hope you can help, eviction starts next week.

Thank you,
Bw19

Don't want to lose apartment

Post by Bw19 »

please, i need help in paying my rent, electric, n water bills..i moved to Arizona in jan to take care of my sick mother who passed away in april, im on disability and have a teenaged daughter, my ssi pays my rent and thats all, i am trying to get a job that i can actually do with my dissability, but having a hard time, i do not have any money for my bills, and dont want to lose our apartment or utilities, if you can help i would greatly appreciate it!! t/y
Futy

Served an eviction notice

Post by Futy »

I'm a 55 year old female living on disability and raising 2 small grandchildren. I currently reside in Russell kansas and I have been served an eviction notice and have under $800.00 a month with SRS assistance. I'm running into one dead end after another here as far as getting any help. There is a program through the SRS that is a one time loan but I don't qualify as my situation won't be fixed. I simply don't make enough to pay rent and utilities. I would very much apreciate any help you may know of for rent assistance
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Served an eviction notice

Post by Admin »

Here are programs for Kansas, including ones for disability. Why don't you qualify for the one time loan program from SRS? Did you speak to a non-profit attorney? On the main site I also have information listed on attorneys in Kansas who will provide you with free legal advice, and they also focus on the disabled and people on Kansas government assistance programs. Eviction and free legal advice on them is also provided.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Futy wrote:I'm a 55 year old female living on disability and raising 2 small grandchildren. I currently reside in Russell kansas and I have been served an eviction notice and have under $800.00 a month with SRS assistance. I'm running into one dead end after another here as far as getting any help. There is a program through the SRS that is a one time loan but I don't qualify as my situation won't be fixed. I simply don't make enough to pay rent and utilities. I would very much apreciate any help you may know of for rent assistance
merk1

Post by merk1 »

i been in sc for 6 month i was staying with my daughter after a divorce from husband and one day my dauther and i had a fallen out i moved to my boyfriend house and he house is being fore closer and now he saying he need me to leave and evict me cos i cant pay him rent i have no job cos od problem with my hand and the car i was buying got pre jest i have no transportation or no mo place to moved to and im trying to fine help for apartment until i know i will get approved of ssi im filieing my i hope u will get back to me
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Looks like you are in Greenwood South Carolina. They work with local non-profits, charities, and also government programs and directly with the utility companies and government programs that provide rent help and eviction prevention. Maybe they can help with transportation too.
Greater Greenwood United Ministry (864) 942-0500
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ce_pr.html
merk1 wrote:i been in sc for 6 month i was staying with my daughter after a divorce from husband and one day my dauther and i had a fallen out i moved to my boyfriend house and he house is being fore closer and now he saying he need me to leave and evict me cos i cant pay him rent i have no job cos od problem with my hand and the car i was buying got pre jest i have no transportation or no mo place to moved to and im trying to fine help for apartment until i know i will get approved of ssi im filieing my i hope u will get back to me
Quigly

Post by Quigly »

I would like to relocate to sumpter county when my lease is up,i am on section 8 as I was previously evicted,my lease won't be up until march 2012 am looking for small 2 bedroom house as my brother is my live-in aid as i am 100% disabled,my family doctor is there and she is wonderful. This move can help me be happy.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is South Carolina, right? So what happened with section 8 housing voucher? If that didnt work out for you not sure what will. It was created specifically for low income and to help people stay in their homes or apartments. Anyway, here are some other non-profit housing agencies to call in SC that may offer section 8. For example the phone number for the section 8 housing program in Sumter is (803) 775-4357, and they offer various low income housing options and resources.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... aroli.html
Quigly wrote:I would like to relocate to sumpter county when my lease is up,i am on section 8 as I was previously evicted,my lease won't be up until march 2012 am looking for small 2 bedroom house as my brother is my live-in aid as i am 100% disabled,my family doctor is there and she is wonderful. This move can help me be happy.
Cambridge

Post by Cambridge »

i am married with four children my twins 8 years old and my oldest son is 6 years old and my baby i 4 years old i stay in a apartment that is 575 a month but i only make enough for that my mom tries to help but shes old and i am 25 i dont want her money i cant buy my children their uniforms for school i also have finance bills to pay and i want to go back to school for LPN but i dont have the money for that my husband cant get hired any where cause they dont never call him please help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good you are working to try to make ends meet, and family is good to help too. Have husband keep calling and trying to get a job. In the meantime, like into rent and general employment and credit counseling from HUD agencies. Most offer free services and advice to the low income. They operate in every state.
Cambridge wrote:i am married with four children my twins 8 years old and my oldest son is 6 years old and my baby i 4 years old i stay in a apartment that is 575 a month but i only make enough for that my mom tries to help but shes old and i am 25 i dont want her money i cant buy my children their uniforms for school i also have finance bills to pay and i want to go back to school for LPN but i dont have the money for that my husband cant get hired any where cause they dont never call him please help
Coltsmakeit

Post by Coltsmakeit »

i need only 500 dollars to pay my landlord to prevent eviction in Suffolk County NY. I have four children and i am a single mother and work but unfortunately i tried welfare and they denied me saying that i make to much....i need some help desperately....if i could get any kind of assistance? anything please contact me i would appreciate it greatly!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we can't give you cash in form of $500 (we don't do that) we can give you information. Here is information on Suffolk County NY rental assistance programs and low income housing. Many programs do focus aid first on people with children, so you have that going for you. Some agencies are St. Patrick's Roman Catholic Church/Bay Shore at phone number of (631)665-4911. Try them, and others that we noted in Suffolk NY.
Coltsmakeit wrote:i need only 500 dollars to pay my landlord to prevent eviction in Suffolk County NY. I have four children and i am a single mother and work but unfortunately i tried welfare and they denied me saying that i make to much....i need some help desperately....if i could get any kind of assistance? anything please contact me i would appreciate it greatly!!