In Need of Emergency Help, Water & Electric, & please help.

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
kailaw89
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

In Need of Emergency Help, Water & Electric, & please help.

Post by kailaw89 »

My water and electric has recently be shut off. My fiance lost his job, and I was handling all of the bills. My Electric was over $400, and my water $200 (High due to a leak from the washing machine while we were at work all day)

I work only a few hours a week, I bring maybe 300 every two weeks, if I am lucky. Our rent is $385, Plus the cost of food, (We are trying very hard to get food stamps, but keep running into issues due to pay stubs)

We have been staying with my fiances parents in the time being. We have a young daughter, 16 months old.

Please, please, we need help, I am going to try to pay half of my electric bill, but I can not pay water and only paying half does not mean it will be turned on.

I have been searching every where for a program that helps with Water and Rent, but can't find one.

We live in Greenville IL.

We did not intend for this to happen, we are trying to apply for low income housing, but the waiting list is a 9 month wait.
And we can't stay with his parents that long, please, help.

Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: In Need of Emergency Help, Water & Electric, & please help.

Post by Admin »

Is that Bond County Illinos? Who is your utility company? There are numerous programs that can help with low income housing and energy bills in Illinois. Here is a great resource. Also scroll to the bottom of the page here for energy specific programs. Who is your water provider?
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
kailaw89 wrote:My water and electric has recently be shut off. My fiance lost his job, and I was handling all of the bills. My Electric was over $400, and my water $200 (High due to a leak from the washing machine while we were at work all day)

I work only a few hours a week, I bring maybe 300 every two weeks, if I am lucky. Our rent is $385, Plus the cost of food, (We are trying very hard to get food stamps, but keep running into issues due to pay stubs)

We have been staying with my fiances parents in the time being. We have a young daughter, 16 months old.

Please, please, we need help, I am going to try to pay half of my electric bill, but I can not pay water and only paying half does not mean it will be turned on.

I have been searching every where for a program that helps with Water and Rent, but can't find one.

We live in Greenville IL.

We did not intend for this to happen, we are trying to apply for low income housing, but the waiting list is a 9 month wait.
And we can't stay with his parents that long, please, help.

Thank you.
Laz

Post by Laz »

i need emergency assistance with my electricity bill i have 4 young kids and a disabled veteran in the home with me. the youngest child is 10 months old i have contacted every agency there is i can't get assistance from community action for another 6 months these other agencies are turning us down as well.
Jimmysmith19a

Post by Jimmysmith19a »

My Name is Tina, and I leave in Clearwater fl I have been with out work for almost two yrs. I just found a really good job! but still its been hard for me to pay my bills. I need $179. for my water and electric bill , please can some one help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Clearwater is in Pinellas County Florida, and there are places to turn to for help for paying that $179 water and electric bill.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
You can try the local community action agency, which is Pinellas Opportunity Council, Inc. (POC). Phone number 327-8690. they offer an emergency and crisis program for such critical needs as water bills, rent, and energy.
Another option may be the Pinellas County Urban League, and there number is 727.327.2081. This is another organization with assistance programs for you.
Jimmysmith19a wrote:My Name is Tina, and I leave in Clearwater fl I have been with out work for almost two yrs. I just found a really good job! but still its been hard for me to pay my bills. I need $179. for my water and electric bill , please can some one help me.
CSheen

Post by CSheen »

My husband and I are in need of assistance with our electric and water bill. We were on a budget of 235 a month for our electric bill. But, we went over during this last winter and our settle bill is 965 dollars. I am starting to get scared because I am not sure how we are going to pay this. We filed chapter 7 bankrupcy and it was discharged dec. 29. We had some unexpected charges during dec on top of that. My fathern law passed Jan. 3, 2011. He was living with us, he was only 50. We all had the flu and our deductables were 150 a piece. Its just been one thing after another. If you know of any way we could get assistance. That would be great. My husband brings home 565 a week and we have a 1200 mortgage, two car payments and other utilities.
I do have child support so thats how we get by since not having a job. Anyway I am scared we are not going to pay our bill and not have any power.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of agencies in the Providence area. Water bills are usually harder to get help with, but electric bill programs are fairly common. You have places and options to call in Rhode Island like the Interfaith Community Dire Emergency Fund, which has a phone number of (401) 421-7833. Or try calling the South Providence Neighborhood Ministries, phone number of Dial (401) 461-7509. Both may have limited financial assistance for bills. That income you mention though just is not enough for those expenses, so you need to look at those expenses or increase your income.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/pro ... nce_p.html
CSheen wrote:My husband and I are in need of assistance with our electric and water bill. We were on a budget of 235 a month for our electric bill. But, we went over during this last winter and our settle bill is 965 dollars. I am starting to get scared because I am not sure how we are going to pay this. We filed chapter 7 bankrupcy and it was discharged dec. 29. We had some unexpected charges during dec on top of that. My fathern law passed Jan. 3, 2011. He was living with us, he was only 50. We all had the flu and our deductables were 150 a piece. Its just been one thing after another. If you know of any way we could get assistance. That would be great. My husband brings home 565 a week and we have a 1200 mortgage, two car payments and other utilities.
I do have child support so thats how we get by since not having a job. Anyway I am scared we are not going to pay our bill and not have any power.
CSheen

Post by CSheen »

good morning I resides at Jax,Fl 32209 I need assistance in paying an old electric and water bill i am having some financial problems and is in need of some help,plumbing problems,helping support my grands,grandson in and out of the hospital needs another surgery in May and now my celling in the house have fallen in I am a working person only maybe once have used any assistance program I departley need your assistance,I thank you in advance
Admin
Site Admin

Re: In Need of Emergency Help, Water & Electric, & please he

Post by Admin »

It depends on how old the water and electric bill is. But here are places to call in Jacksonville and Duval County Florida.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/duv ... rogra.html
As far as the upcoming surgery, there are clinics in the area too. Some of the places to call include the Jacksonville area Catholic Charities 354-4846 as well as Beaches Emergency Assistance Ministry (BEAM), which can be called at (904) 241-2326
CSheen wrote:good morning I resides at Jax,Fl 32209 I need assistance in paying an old electric and water bill i am having some financial problems and is in need of some help,plumbing problems,helping support my grands,grandson in and out of the hospital needs another surgery in May and now my celling in the house have fallen in I am a working person only maybe once have used any assistance program I departley need your assistance,I thank you in advance
MICHELLE

Post by MICHELLE »

HI , I LOST MY HUSBAND IN 06 THEN LOST MY JOB IN 10 DRAWING UNEMPLYMENT JUST ISNT ENOUGH, DUE TO GET ELECTRIC AND WATER SHUT OFF MON 5/23/11 DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET HELP IN ILLINOIS I HEAP HELPED IN NOV AND SAID THEY COULDNT HELP AGAIN TILL JULY ! THE 23RD IS JUST A FEW DAYS AWAY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET HELP !!!! THANKS
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try calling your local community action agency in your county in Illinois? You can ask them about a program known as crisis LIHEAP, which can help people avoid a disconnection of their utility service or heating service. It is federal government funded, but millions of dollars are provided to Illinois to help residents. Find information on community action agencies

MICHELLE wrote:HI , I LOST MY HUSBAND IN 06 THEN LOST MY JOB IN 10 DRAWING UNEMPLYMENT JUST ISNT ENOUGH, DUE TO GET ELECTRIC AND WATER SHUT OFF MON 5/23/11 DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET HELP IN ILLINOIS I HEAP HELPED IN NOV AND SAID THEY COULDNT HELP AGAIN TILL JULY ! THE 23RD IS JUST A FEW DAYS AWAY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET HELP !!!! THANKS
Loider

Post by Loider »

i had to resign from work in march due to medical issues and personal issues i have been sick and about a month n a half ago began getting food stamps and cash asst. for my 3 yr old however i am behind in all utilities because of he previous bills without help my water was turned off yesterday and gas about 2 weeks or 3 ago i need help desperately i do not have family in the area that is in the position to help me at this time please contact me with any advice or where to go tips.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are the local energy bill assistance programs to call for information on financial assistance, grants, and other cash aid. Each state has a number of options and financial assistance programs, and can include electric companies themselves, charities, and/or non-profit organizations. Call as early as possible, before disconnection.
Loider wrote:i had to resign from work in march due to medical issues and personal issues i have been sick and about a month n a half ago began getting food stamps and cash asst. for my 3 yr old however i am behind in all utilities because of he previous bills without help my water was turned off yesterday and gas about 2 weeks or 3 ago i need help desperately i do not have family in the area that is in the position to help me at this time please contact me with any advice or where to go tips.
EUyes

Post by EUyes »

My water bill is behind $200.00 plus. I have a disconnect on my electric bill due, Tuesday, September 13, 2011, by 5:00 P.M. for $212.00. Plus a late fee and my gas bill is also behind, and due September 14, 2011 by 05:00 P.M. and it's $385.00. I have 3 young boys, #14 & #5. One which is #5, is autistic and I receive a disability check for him from the government, which is only enough to pay the rent and maybe a few groceries. Even though we receive food stamps, with the cost of food rising and food stamp wages are not rising, we are NOT makink it! Please can someone help us?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are programs for your water bill. Call your local utility and water company and ask for their financial assistance programs. Many are offered to prevent disconnection of services.
EUyes wrote:My water bill is behind $200.00 plus. I have a disconnect on my electric bill due, Tuesday, September 13, 2011, by 5:00 P.M. for $212.00. Plus a late fee and my gas bill is also behind, and due September 14, 2011 by 05:00 P.M. and it's $385.00. I have 3 young boys, #14 & #5. One which is #5, is autistic and I receive a disability check for him from the government, which is only enough to pay the rent and maybe a few groceries. Even though we receive food stamps, with the cost of food rising and food stamp wages are not rising, we are NOT makink it! Please can someone help us?