Help with Water and Gas Bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
jharakalperrine
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with Water and Gas Bill

Post by jharakalperrine »

I am look for help and information on where to get an assitance for our bills. My husband works on average 27 hours a week,at 7.25 hr. It varies from week to week. I myself receive S.S.I. but my check varies from month to month based on what my husband gets. My check this month was 486.00. Our oldest daughter lives with us and she also receives S.S.I. but she has never ever gotten a full check, and they say it is because we don't charge her rent. She receives 442.00 a month. Our rent is 600.00 a month, and we receive no foodstamps. As it stands right now we have no water service or gas service. Our water bill total to get it back on is 3,709.07. How about the water company billing us 100.00 a month late fee and every month we would have late fees put on. If you take off the late fees our bill would not be so high. Our gas service to get it back on is 7473.75 and there were also late fees on this. This bill has carried over from the last 2 places we have lived at. I know the amounts look bad , but also we had our youngest daughter and our grand daughter with us and she never helped in anyway, but she saw how bad things were getting so she got herself an apartment and left our grand daughter with us for over 6 months with no help at all. Now she has her own place and still she wants our help, I can't have our grand daughter go with out even though we are going without. I would like to get a work at home job but, I should not have to pay fees to get a job at home. We live in Penna. Our county is Mercer. I have already tried calling Helping Hands and the lady told me that we have already been with them twice. I don't remember being with them twice and she said that a person can only be with them twice in a life time. Where do I go for information and help. Right now we get water from a spring. But we can't do that when the winter comes. We have a kerosene heater and an electric fireplace for heat. I am having surgery next week 8-8-11, and it is really going to be hard to do anything then, the doctor said I will be down for about 6 weeks.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with Water and Gas Bill

Post by Admin »

Is that Mercer in Pennsylvania? I think it is but we are not sure here.
If it is, try this link for Mercer County PA assistance programs. You can find places to call for advice, possible help with bills and rent, and more. For example, on the site will be non-profits like Community Action Partnership of Mercer County (724) 342-6222 which offers a wide range and large number of assistance programs.
jharakalperrine wrote:I am look for help and information on where to get an assitance for our bills. My husband works on average 27 hours a week,at 7.25 hr. It varies from week to week. I myself receive S.S.I. but my check varies from month to month based on what my husband gets. My check this month was 486.00. Our oldest daughter lives with us and she also receives S.S.I. but she has never ever gotten a full check, and they say it is because we don't charge her rent. She receives 442.00 a month. Our rent is 600.00 a month, and we receive no foodstamps. As it stands right now we have no water service or gas service. Our water bill total to get it back on is 3,709.07. How about the water company billing us 100.00 a month late fee and every month we would have late fees put on. If you take off the late fees our bill would not be so high. Our gas service to get it back on is 7473.75 and there were also late fees on this. This bill has carried over from the last 2 places we have lived at. I know the amounts look bad , but also we had our youngest daughter and our grand daughter with us and she never helped in anyway, but she saw how bad things were getting so she got herself an apartment and left our grand daughter with us for over 6 months with no help at all. Now she has her own place and still she wants our help, I can't have our grand daughter go with out even though we are going without. I would like to get a work at home job but, I should not have to pay fees to get a job at home. We live in Penna. Our county is Mercer. I have already tried calling Helping Hands and the lady told me that we have already been with them twice. I don't remember being with them twice and she said that a person can only be with them twice in a life time. Where do I go for information and help. Right now we get water from a spring. But we can't do that when the winter comes. We have a kerosene heater and an electric fireplace for heat. I am having surgery next week 8-8-11, and it is really going to be hard to do anything then, the doctor said I will be down for about 6 weeks.
Canes

Post by Canes »

Hello,
My Fiance and I recently received a water bill of over $400 due to a water leak. Like most people, we are on a VERY tight budget and only allocate $50 a month for the water. The water company in Providence Rhode Island has turned our water off since we could not pay the full amount. In order to get it back on we need $250 (re-connection fees included). I don't get paid until 9/2 and most of my check will go for rent. My Fiance just started in fast food and will not get his check until 9/6. What options do we have?? I'm looking for a 2nd job waitressing to get some extra cash....but no luck so far. Please help....any suggestions are welcome. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is a listing of Rhode Island utility assistance. Cal lthem and ask about your water bill. While not very likely to get help paying a water bill, you can always ask. Narragansett Electric at 401-222-3370. is a good place to ask for assistance.
Canes wrote:Hello,
My Fiance and I recently received a water bill of over $400 due to a water leak. Like most people, we are on a VERY tight budget and only allocate $50 a month for the water. The water company in Providence Rhode Island has turned our water off since we could not pay the full amount. In order to get it back on we need $250 (re-connection fees included). I don't get paid until 9/2 and most of my check will go for rent. My Fiance just started in fast food and will not get his check until 9/6. What options do we have?? I'm looking for a 2nd job waitressing to get some extra cash....but no luck so far. Please help....any suggestions are welcome. Thank you,
SamanthaA

Post by SamanthaA »

I have 3 kids of my own I'm on total disability and after I pay my rent, grocery, power, water and car payment I'm broke. I try my best to save something for the gas bill and I just don't have enough to pay my gas. It is $606 in Illinois and I can't afford it. But it is used for my heat, my water, my stove for cooking and I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. My gas is through North State Gas. I would really be grateful for any help. Thanks for your time and have a blessed day.
Poison

Post by Poison »

My gas is shut off due to lack of payments. I faulted on my PUC agreement because my wages have been declining over the past few years. I am looking for a possible one time assist to restore my services as UGI gas will not restore service unless I pay the full balance.(which is around 1200 dollars) is there anywhere that might be able to help me. I have 5 household members, 2 of which are under 18.
Barrista

Post by Barrista »

I'm renting a home with my wife and children in Waterbury Ct. In our lease we're responsible for the water bill. Its 500 dollars past due with a shut off date for tomorrow. I've been out of work for sometime now and we have no options we're aware of. Please contact me ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Gamrakein

Post by Gamrakein »

Hello, I'm I am not the person(s) in need but they are part of my family and they need help. Their water has been off for some time now, I say a week or so, and they won't have the funds to pay it before there inspection on July 19th. They are also behind on natural gas bills. It's critical they pass this inspection or they will be forced out. Please if you can help my family please contact me or reply to this email