Out of work and need rent help

Find how to get help with rent
Rosser
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Out of work and need rent help

Post by Rosser »

Im not sure on where to go to get help with our rent. My husband was out of work for two years and we got behind on the rent during that time. He is back to work now but not able to get it caught up. My checks are being garnished for the bills that were not able to be paid. We were recently told that if we do not get the rent caught up we might be evicted. Please help me to find someone that might be able to help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Out of work and need rent help

Post by Admin »

Out of work two years? this may qualify you for section 8 housing aid and programs. While some do have waiting lists, they target those renters who are under extreme financial distress, and two years without work may do it. Dozens of agencies operate in every state, so select your state here. Not sure if can help with garnishment of wages or not, but ask the Section 8 housing counselor when you call them.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... using.html
zen1

Post by zen1 »

I recently had to leave my place of residence without any notice. I am on my own, not even knowing where I am going to sleep tonight. I have a job but apartments are too expensive on my own. I need to know if I have any options qualifying me for any type of lower rate. Please get back to me as soon as possible.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can look into a program created from stimulus funds, known as rapid rehousing, which can provide money to pay first month(s) rent, moving expenses, and security deposits. One of the goals is to get homeless people into a new home or apartment, and to keep them there.
zen1 wrote:I recently had to leave my place of residence without any notice. I am on my own, not even knowing where I am going to sleep tonight. I have a job but apartments are too expensive on my own. I need to know if I have any options qualifying me for any type of lower rate. Please get back to me as soon as possible.
Igotthis

Post by Igotthis »

My sister and i are college students unemployed. I currently have no income. We are having a hardship in paying our rent and bills. We are having trouble finding programs with fundings in rent or housing assistance. We are both looking for work but no luck so far. We been selling items in our home to pay our rent. The manager said that you have to fall two months behind in rent before getting an eviction. We are still behind on this months rent. We would move somewhere cheaper but we cannot afford to move. We been asking a few churches but they say they do not have any funds. My car was stolen an it has just been continuous hardship. We walk every where we need to go but we do not have any money. Whenever we get any money we put it towards our rent. We walk as much as we can but too much walk for myself is painfully. Im a diabetic and I have had two diabetic comas within six months. We are doing all that we can to survive and stay in our apartment. Any feedback would be helpful and we would be extremely grateful. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How are you paying student loans if have no income. You do not want to default on that as can ruin your credit, hurt you when trying to get loans in future, etc. For the rent, try calling local Salvation Army or other agencies like Catholic Charities. For the student loans, try an income based repayment plan, which basically sets the amount you need to repay based on your total income. So if zero income and out of job, this option may provide you more flexibility and options. I hope this helps for the feedback you requested.
Igotthis wrote:My sister and i are college students unemployed. I currently have no income. We are having a hardship in paying our rent and bills. We are having trouble finding programs with fundings in rent or housing assistance. We are both looking for work but no luck so far. We been selling items in our home to pay our rent. The manager said that you have to fall two months behind in rent before getting an eviction. We are still behind on this months rent. We would move somewhere cheaper but we cannot afford to move. We been asking a few churches but they say they do not have any funds. My car was stolen an it has just been continuous hardship. We walk every where we need to go but we do not have any money. Whenever we get any money we put it towards our rent. We walk as much as we can but too much walk for myself is painfully. Im a diabetic and I have had two diabetic comas within six months. We are doing all that we can to survive and stay in our apartment. Any feedback would be helpful and we would be extremely grateful. Thank you.
shelster88

Post by shelster88 »

Where in Wilmington, NC can i get help with my rent. I tried Social Services but since i dont have a small child or health problem they dont think i need help. I lost my job a month ago and im lookimg really hard but rent is coming up and i dont know what to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many places to call in the Wilmington NC area for rent help. Find New Hanover County assistance programs, agencies, and other places to call. Non-profits like the New Hanover County Salvation Army (dial 910-762-2070) as well as the The A.M.E.Z. Housing Community Development Corporation (phone (910) 815-3826) are just a couple of the agencies to call for housing.
shelster88 wrote:Where in Wilmington, NC can i get help with my rent. I tried Social Services but since i dont have a small child or health problem they dont think i need help. I lost my job a month ago and im lookimg really hard but rent is coming up and i dont know what to do.
BPMigas

Post by BPMigas »

my rental lease is up at the end of this month. i work a full time job but because of my student loans and paying for my daughter and i medical and dental im left with a paycheck of $500 a week and my husband is no longer in the military so Im having trouble paying for my $920 rent buying food and paying for bills.. I need help in San Diego but dont know who to turn to. my husband is trying his best to find a job to help me out, but with the way the economy is today.. we're having no such luck.. Please im not sure if i consider myself a low income family. but im struggling and trying to make it on my own and not have to leech off the state.. but im desperate, i really dont want to have my self husband and 3yr old daughter evicted.. please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The San Diego rent assistance programs and agencies are located here. Organizations like the Housing Authority of the County of San Diego offers the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-housing, and also places like South Bay Community Services (619) 420-3620. Some can help with rent, and also more than likely direct you to places for help with those other bills and expenses you have. They can tell you if you qualify for low income status or not.
BPMigas wrote:my rental lease is up at the end of this month. i work a full time job but because of my student loans and paying for my daughter and i medical and dental im left with a paycheck of $500 a week and my husband is no longer in the military so Im having trouble paying for my $920 rent buying food and paying for bills.. I need help in San Diego but dont know who to turn to. my husband is trying his best to find a job to help me out, but with the way the economy is today.. we're having no such luck.. Please im not sure if i consider myself a low income family. but im struggling and trying to make it on my own and not have to leech off the state.. but im desperate, i really dont want to have my self husband and 3yr old daughter evicted.. please help me.
Hughes

Post by Hughes »

I live at Stockton, California in San Joaquin County. I am writing to get information where to get help with my Utilities bills and also I need assistance paying for rent of my house. I used to be a person who works really hard, unfortunate almost two year ago I was diagnosed with HIV and depletion, my health condition started getting bad for the reason I was missing to many times to work till I got terminated, I tried to find an other job but my medical condition continuing getting bad, I was getting unemployment for almost a year but around 8 months age those benefits stopped. Then I applied for disability but I was denied, so I found this advocate association named ALLSUP who helps people with disabilities to get social security, they had filed my case again and appeal to the social security, so far I am still waiting for my case to be approve. I been paying my leaving with some savings money I have, but at this point those saving are gone, I just have enough to pay one last month of rent and I won’t have for more, also I don’t have money to pay my utilities bills, so please I am asking for help and assistance to pay my rent and bill, just temporally till my disability is approve, I will really appreciate all the help I can get on this hardship time I am going thru.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Stockton and San Joaquin County area do have a number of government and non-profit rent programs, and the disabled are usually given priority. Those agencies can be found here, at rent assistance San Joaquin. Always be careful when dealing with an advocate or a private company, and read the fine print of any contracts. Some may charge you money. Most areas of the country also offer special assistance programs for people with HIV and/or AIDs too, including rent help, housing, and medications. So we think look into those too, and usually go by name of HOWPA.
Hughes wrote:I live at Stockton, California in San Joaquin County. I am writing to get information where to get help with my Utilities bills and also I need assistance paying for rent of my house. I used to be a person who works really hard, unfortunate almost two year ago I was diagnosed with HIV and depletion, my health condition started getting bad for the reason I was missing to many times to work till I got terminated, I tried to find an other job but my medical condition continuing getting bad, I was getting unemployment for almost a year but around 8 months age those benefits stopped. Then I applied for disability but I was denied, so I found this advocate association named ALLSUP who helps people with disabilities to get social security, they had filed my case again and appeal to the social security, so far I am still waiting for my case to be approve. I been paying my leaving with some savings money I have, but at this point those saving are gone, I just have enough to pay one last month of rent and I won’t have for more, also I don’t have money to pay my utilities bills, so please I am asking for help and assistance to pay my rent and bill, just temporally till my disability is approve, I will really appreciate all the help I can get on this hardship time I am going thru.
Mary Smith

Post by Mary Smith »

I need assistance with paying my security deposit or the first months rent. I just started working two weeks ago and found a place to stay for me and my son since we have been going from place to place and staying. I have 200 dollars to put towards the security deposit just need the other 400 dollars. Right now i am staying with a family member in Atlanta that takes us through hell and hot water just for using the water so if you could please help us out we would really appreciate it.
Elway J

Post by Elway J »

I am in need of help paying my rent in Baltimore. My husband and I are currently in a bind because our hours were cut at out places of employment we have a 1 year old and we have made some type of payment towards the rent. We are just in need of the remaining balance. We seem to come up late every month and this is the first time we have ever had to ask for help. If you can stand to help us it would mean the world being that the lawyer fees get added on the 12th of this month.
Gennie Were

Post by Gennie Were »

I have currently been out of work since August. My husband is the only one currently working. I am due to have a baby in three weeks and our rent is due in a week and I need assistance paying it. I am not used to asking for assistance I really need help with this bill please.