New York City Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
waltertammy79

New York City Assistance

Post by waltertammy79 »

Help me. I live in New York and need assistance with paying my rent, electric bills, and credit cards. Regards Tammy
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: New York City Assistance

Post by Admin »

waltertammy79 wrote:Help me. I live in New York and need assistance with paying my rent, electric bills, and credit cards. Regards Tammy
Try the New York City Affordable Housing Resource Center for help with rent. They give information on all aspects of New York City housing, including renting an apartment and aid, and even apartment maintenance issues and repairs
Admin
Site Admin

New York aid

Post by Admin »

Also, call the city government in New York City. You have so many option for assistance in NYC. There are many programs.
LaurieinNY

New York City Assistance Programs

Post by LaurieinNY »

Yes, New York, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhatten, etc are expensive, but there are a lot of assistance programs. Here are just a few more ways to get help
Food assistance and stamps for low income http://www.nyc.gov/html/hra/html/directory/food.shtml
Help with child care expenses and cost. There are free credits http://www.nyc.gov/html/ceo/html/progra ... edit.shtml
I hope some of these help.
jbeers1

Post by jbeers1 »

Hi I live in Queens NY. I just lost my job 4 months ago and I have 2 kids ages 2 and 10 months old, I can't afford to pay my rent its 579 every month. I live with my boyfriend and he has a job, but business is moving way to slow to where he doesn't get paid his whole full amount, if anybody could have it in their heart to help us out please I'm on the verge of losing my place then I will be living on the streets with my kids. Business has been slowing down for my boyfriend. Please help me.
JordyNelson

Post by JordyNelson »

I recently got physical custody of my son and my second job I was working I had to let go because I didn't have a night babysitter. It also took time away from me and my son working both jobs. His mom doesn't care for him the way I do or we would have joint physical custody. Me and my older sister is all he have but everyone has their problems and these are some of mine, $700 a month rent, $75 maybe more water bill, $125 or more light bill, $43 gas bill, also $230 a week daycare. Sometimes I feel like giving up but I can't because I say my son didn't ask for this, or to be born.
SquakB

Post by SquakB »

Hi, I am a single mom of two small children in New York City area. The oldest is two years and my youngest is six months. Recently my husband and I split and I was left with bills that was already behind. I received a eviction notice and have until next week to come up with the 400 for rent. I really need the help and I don't want you to think I'm just not working because I don't want to. I have no car and no family that will help or anyone to watch my babies. I want to do anything and everything to keep my kids n my home. Please if you can help or know someone that can email me back. Thanks a lot. God bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have extensive information on financial assistance programs in New York City. The region does really try to prevent homelessness, especially of children. So you have that going for you. While they have cut back on some of ther programs recently, the fact is that NYC still does offer aid to women, children, and those facing eviction. Several legal firms are available too. Read New York City assistance.
Chipper

Post by Chipper »

To whom it may concern
I am getting paid 16.50 a hour and my rent reaches $ 1,350 a month sometimes. I am not promised 40 hours and am behind on rent and by the way it looks is as if I really do need help if not I will be losing my apartment. I have a son and daughter and it would be devastating losing our home. I would like to see if you guys can help in any way. I live in the Bronx in the state of new York.
Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sound like that salary, if not guaranteed to you at 40 hours per week, may make it difficult to pay the rent in expensive New York City. Maybe look into government subsidized housing or a roommate. We do have many other agencies listed that may offer some short term financial support or advice as well. More on agencies to pay rent in New York City.
Jaketapper

Post by Jaketapper »

Need help with basic needs. Rent, propane, gas, bills and food. Husband is unemployed in New York City and has worked for no pay, his boss went bankrupt and did not pay him. I work for HIS and client died, so I lost a income also. Christmas is coming have no money for presents for 5 kids. Anything would help and if not - God will provide somehow. Thank you.
Alibaba

Post by Alibaba »

Hello!
I wanted to reach out because I've had a strange experience in the last few months and I'm not exactly sure how to navigate moving forward in order to get assistance in New York City.
Last year I worked remotely for a company based in CA. I was fired, and mainly lived at home with parents in CT while I applied to other jobs. I temporarily worked for the Census in New York City where I rented an apartment for a short time. Then right before Covid I had two part time jobs in NYC. Now both of those are gone. I left my apartment in NY and came back to CT where I own a small business that doesn't make very much money. I am staying on couches at the moment, avoiding going to a homeless shelter. Unemployment in NYC rejected me saying I didn't earn enough while I was there. I tried applying in CT even though I was told doing another claim in another state can lead to trouble - I just don't have another option.
I am applying to jobs nonstop in New York City and the tri county region, but I just don't really know what to do since I haven't been able to get unemployment, I've been living off my credit card and the generosity of friends. Any guidance for New York City assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I am a college graduate, and I am sure I will get a new job eventually, but it has been borderline impossible during all of this and I don't know what to do.