Questions on rent assistance

Find how to get help with rent
Randstad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Questions on rent assistance

Post by Randstad »

Hello, I have a couple questions about qualifying for rental assistance. I’m 17 & will be 18 in December of this year. I am also pregnant & due November 20th of this year. My child’s father is 19 and currently in Iowa in a rehabilitation & care center. He was stabbed in July by his father. The care center he lives in will not allow him to work while living there & if he leaves he has no where to go. I am currently working full time & am a part time student I make about 1,100 dollars a month. We would like to get a place together as soon as possible so we can be a family. I live with my mother in Cedar Rapids, IA & I can not stay here much longer. If we could qualify for rental assistance for a month or more than we can get a place & he can find work to help support the baby. I was wondering what we should do & if there are any places that can help us. We would like to stay in Cedar Rapids where my job is located if possible. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Questions on rent assistance

Post by Admin »

Yes, there may be some money for security deposits and rent help in Cedar Rapids. Find the non-profits to call for housing assistance. Some programs do focus on pregnant families too.
Randstad wrote:Hello, I have a couple questions about qualifying for rental assistance. I’m 17 & will be 18 in December of this year. I am also pregnant & due November 20th of this year. My child’s father is 19 and currently in Iowa in a rehabilitation & care center. He was stabbed in July by his father. The care center he lives in will not allow him to work while living there & if he leaves he has no where to go. I am currently working full time & am a part time student I make about 1,100 dollars a month. We would like to get a place together as soon as possible so we can be a family. I live with my mother in Cedar Rapids, IA & I can not stay here much longer. If we could qualify for rental assistance for a month or more than we can get a place & he can find work to help support the baby. I was wondering what we should do & if there are any places that can help us. We would like to stay in Cedar Rapids where my job is located if possible. Thank you for your time.
Kimsmom

Post by Kimsmom »

I am in need of some assistance in getting my rent caught up. I lost one of my jobs a few months back an my landlord was generous enough to let me slide, now i just am struggling to get caught up. If i could just find some kind of help getting caught up i can work to cover the rest. I have tried many places DHHR, Housing Athority, even a church. I just need some help getting caught up. Me and my son need emergency rental assistance and bills assistance. I'm disabled and we don't have any money for rent or bills. We really need the help please help us the amount of rent we pay for this apartment is $ 631.00 and we have to pay it on the first of every month instead of E-Mail me I rather want you to call me at my cell phone. Please call us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that landlord gave you some time. Call these different Springfield rent programs for housing aid. Some emergency programs may be provided too. Oftentimes disabled get priority, and especially if have kid s too. So that may be helpful in the application process.
Kimsmom wrote:I am in need of some assistance in getting my rent caught up. I lost one of my jobs a few months back an my landlord was generous enough to let me slide, now i just am struggling to get caught up. If i could just find some kind of help getting caught up i can work to cover the rest. I have tried many places DHHR, Housing Athority, even a church. I just need some help getting caught up. Me and my son need emergency rental assistance and bills assistance. I'm disabled and we don't have any money for rent or bills. We really need the help please help us the amount of rent we pay for this apartment is $ 631.00 and we have to pay it on the first of every month instead of E-Mail me I rather want you to call me at my cell phone. Please call us.
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

Hello, I’m from Michigan city Indiana 46360 and I was wondering what kind of assistance I could receive for housing assistance for Normandy apartments in Michigan city. Its a decent apartment complex.

My husband and I just found out we're expecting our third child and the only income I have is about $350 a month he's working on trying to find a job and has put many applications in hoping for a response. I also have student loans to pay so that takes away from my income which means less money to pay towards an apartment and bills I will have thru the pregnancy. I want to be able to take care of my baby and not be scared I’ll lose my home especially with winter approaching. Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time have a great day.
Osborne

Post by Osborne »

I have a 10 year old grandson who has Autism PDD-NOS. I was given emergency custody of him in November due to abuse. I live on a small disability of $911 per month and I receive $277 per month from Social Services for my grandson. We receive $36 in food stamps as well. I live in a one bedroom, rent controlled building and have to move due to lack of living space. I have been able to find and with help pay the security and the first month rent on a different apartment. However, our new apartment can not be ready until June 7th, as they need to clean, paint, and replace carpet before we can move in. I was not able to pay my current rent for December in the amount of $247.00 as I used it as security on my new place, having been promised that someone would be able to help me pay April rent for my current apartment. Well, they are now no longer going to be able to help me pay the rent and I have May rent coming due in 9 days.
I can pay May rent as usual, I can not however, pay a double rental payment for both April and May and they will not take payments as I am moving in June. I am desperately asking for help for Aprils rent as I have been told that a 3 day eviction notice will be put on my door on or prior to the first. I have no way to obtain the money. There was a small church in Cincinatti Ohio that was going to give me $50.00 but that very same day my car's transmission froze leaving me with no transportation to go anywhere to fill out paper work for help. My rent is $247 and just goes to SMHA. I don't even want the money to come to me I just really need help for this one month. My grandson is on a special diet and I am a diabetic, having just been released from ICU recently and I've had to ask my Church for grocery assistance as most if not all food pantries can only offer those things.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have questions, then ask the agencies in Cincinnati that offer rent help as they can answer them. We can't speak for any other group. So maybe those places can help you with your previously due rent.Or maybe they can advise you on your car issues or places for a repair.
Osborne wrote:There was a small church in Cincinatti Ohio that was going to give me $50.00 but that very same day my car's transmission froze leaving me with no transportation to go anywhere to fill out paper work for help. My rent is $247 and just goes to SMHA.