Money for water, heating, and electrical bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
mikej23231
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Money for water, heating, and electrical bills

Post by mikej23231 »

I am seeking assistance with heating/electrical and water bills. I am currently on assistance for food and badger care. Are there any other Wisconsin or government assistance programs out there for me, or any other programs that may help? I am currently in school full time M-F 8 am to 5pm. I have gas expenses etc. I have been seeking part time work to work weekends.. but my husband is a self employeed contractor and he works when he can get the work which can consist of weekends.. enableing me to work, as I'd have to hire a sitter and that would eat my weekend salary. We live in the state of Wisconsin.

thanks!
Patl

Need help with water, heating, power bills

Post by Patl »

I am writing you this email on the 4th of November 2010 in desperate need to keep my power,water,and gas from being disconnected.
I have disconnect notices from each of them.I live in Gwinnett county in the Dacula Ga 30019 zip code.I do not want my children to be without utility's as I have been struggling for more than a year now to keep my bills paid as I have only been able to find temp jobs that pay $9.00 or less an hour.This is a for cry from what I was earning a year and a half ago .
I am also in need of housing assistance as I am 13 months behind on my mortgage and have been trying to keep from loosing my home.
I have already used the once a year credit from salvation army back in Jan. and I had the Lawrenceville co op help back in April , the St. Vincent DePaul org,is always out of funds,I really could use some positive feedback as I have been trying all-day to come up with a way to pay these utility companies,if it where just me I would not be asking for any help at all.I would use a flashlight a warm blanket and a tree,but I have 2 small children and a wife to think about.
Hope to hear back
sincerely
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help with water, heating, power bills

Post by Admin »

Unfortuntely some times agencies do run out of funding, and the amount of cash they have is usually limited. However it is possible to get housing and mortgage help in Gwinnet County Georgia. I do agree that temp job is not very high paying. Calling St. Vincent de Paul is a good option. Also try some other places like the Salvation Army - Gwinnett County Service Unit. Call them at (770) 963-8802. They often have funds for rent, mortgage, and other housing expenses.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
The local community action agency is known as the Partnership for Community Action, Inc., and they can often direct you to grant programs, mortgage assistance, and debt counseling. Their number is (770) 564 1702. Good luck, and keep trying and calling.
Patl wrote:I am writing you this email on the 4th of November 2010 in desperate need to keep my power,water,and gas from being disconnected.
I have disconnect notices from each of them.I live in Gwinnett county in the Dacula Ga 30019 zip code.I do not want my children to be without utility's as I have been struggling for more than a year now to keep my bills paid as I have only been able to find temp jobs that pay $9.00 or less an hour.This is a for cry from what I was earning a year and a half ago .
I am also in need of housing assistance as I am 13 months behind on my mortgage and have been trying to keep from loosing my home.
I have already used the once a year credit from salvation army back in Jan. and I had the Lawrenceville co op help back in April , the St. Vincent DePaul org,is always out of funds,I really could use some positive feedback as I have been trying all-day to come up with a way to pay these utility companies,if it where just me I would not be asking for any help at all.I would use a flashlight a warm blanket and a tree,but I have 2 small children and a wife to think about.
Hope to hear back
sincerely
Butter

Re: Money for water, heating, and electrical bills

Post by Butter »

I live in Enid, Oklahoma an i have a family a little girl 15 any my wife Brandy . i have looked everywhere of help but cant find any my heat is out an water is very very cold last year the gas was turned off because of nonpayment the i was unemployed at the in so i wasnt getting much the live we had window knotted out of the house because of the very high wind storm an that let the cold in i put plastic up in helped alittle but not much. i just need help now with getting the heat back on be the cold months please help god bless
jenneifermegan

Post by jenneifermegan »

I am a single mom and I have one son. We were forced to move around over the holiday because the electric company turned the electricity off the day before Thanksgiving. I lost my job two weeks ago and my boyfriend lost his two years ago. Times have been tough but have become tougher when I lost my job as well. The economy is bad right now and I have been out everyday looking for work as well. We have been struggling and now my 6 year old son is asking why we can't go home. I need help paying my electric bill so we can go home and I need help with my rent for December 1st. I would be happy if we can just get our lights and heat back on. We are doing whatever we can to get back on our feet. Thanks for listening. I don't have an e-mail address but I can give you a friends: and we live in Statesville, North Carolina.
teresalynnpr

Post by teresalynnpr »

I am seeking assistance with my utility bills. I have the phone number for my "local" assistance but I don't have long distance on my phone. I was wondering if there is an 1-800 number I can call to get help. I lost my job of over 19 years at the end of Aug and I now receive help with food. I need help with gas, electric and water. Please send the number for the Ohio Fuel Fund Grant Program for Lake County Ohio. I was given 216-432-4770 which is long distance for me. I really need help as my electric is about to be shut off. Thank you!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi, do you want the Winter Crisis Fuel Fund? The details of this is that it is a so called "fund of last resort". It is for people who are about to be disconnected, and they can receive up to $175 towards their heating, gas, utility bills. Some of the numers are. Lucas County: Economic Opportunity Planning Association of Greater Toledo Inc. (EOPA), 866-504-7392
Wood, Seneca, Ottawa and Sandusky counties: WSOS Community Action Commission Inc., 419-334-8911
Columbia Customer Contact Center, 1-800-344-4077
Also, for programs in Lake County try this resource
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gram4.html
There are agencies such as the Lake/Ashtabula County Community Action Agency, which offers help and advice too. Dial (440) 997-1721

teresalynnpr wrote:I am seeking assistance with my utility bills. I have the phone number for my "local" assistance but I don't have long distance on my phone. I was wondering if there is an 1-800 number I can call to get help. I lost my job of over 19 years at the end of Aug and I now receive help with food. I need help with gas, electric and water. Please send the number for the Ohio Fuel Fund Grant Program for Lake County Ohio. I was given 216-432-4770 which is long distance for me. I really need help as my electric is about to be shut off. Thank you!!
Lance12

Post by Lance12 »

I am 18 years old and I live by myself. I would like some information about helping with the heating bill or also offering free heating. I have been using a pellet stove to lower the cost of heating my home, but it no longer works. It needs to be fix. I have a kero heating to heat the whole house which the pellet stove does not but it is very costly. My income lost year was around 10,500. This year it is less.
Please when you get the chance I would like some information on how I can be help.
Thank you for taking your time out for reading this
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Looks like you registered from Michigan. Many utility companies, gas, and heating companies in the state provide the low income with help for paying heating bills, rent, and other assistance. Especially if you are just 18 then you may be able to get other aid due to your age. You also have numerous rights during the cold winter months.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mic ... _util.html
Lance12 wrote:I am 18 years old and I live by myself. I would like some information about helping with the heating bill or also offering free heating. I have been using a pellet stove to lower the cost of heating my home, but it no longer works. It needs to be fix. I have a kero heating to heat the whole house which the pellet stove does not but it is very costly. My income lost year was around 10,500. This year it is less.
Please when you get the chance I would like some information on how I can be help.
Thank you for taking your time out for reading this
Quigly

Post by Quigly »

i am from park hills,missouri. i was in the hospital 2 weeks ago.visited the doctor last week and again to day.i pay cash when i see the doctor.my job at country mart store is in farmington,missouri. my son who works at mineral area college and also is a knight of columbus with st.joseph church in farmington,missouri.he also cant help with the bills.bills are piling up.our ameren electric bill,is $249.55 .i owe us bank 124.00 by the 9th of this month or i will get in trouble for not paying it on timecan you help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many utility assistance programs operate in Missouri. Look into options such as the HeatShare program (1-800-336-4547) which really focuses on winter heating bills, but mayaid with other energy expenses. Other local energy programs include the Missouri Gas Energy, The Neighbors Helping Neighbors emergency program. Learn more about that resource by calling 1-800-582-1234. May other solutions are here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mis ... gy_bi.html
Quigly wrote:i am from park hills,missouri. i was in the hospital 2 weeks ago.visited the doctor last week and again to day.i pay cash when i see the doctor.my job at country mart store is in farmington,missouri. my son who works at mineral area college and also is a knight of columbus with st.joseph church in farmington,missouri.he also cant help with the bills.bills are piling up.our ameren electric bill,is $249.55 .i owe us bank 124.00 by the 9th of this month or i will get in trouble for not paying it on timecan you help me?
Marybeth

Post by Marybeth »

Hi, my mother-in-law has been without power for about two weeks now. She owes $1,700 and has a low paying job. She wants us to take out a loan but we are low income as well with a baby. I dont know who else to turn to. She was on payment plans and still couldn't pay. They said to turn it back on she would have to pay in full. She's a single mother and only makes $600 a month. Its impossible for her. Please if you know of anybody who can help let me know. Thank you so much.
helper

Post by helper »

How did she run up a $1700 bill? Regardless, entering into a payment plan was the right thing to do. you should not take out a loan for an expense such as that. Utility bills are not critical loan items. She ma just need to live with friends or family until she can save some money to get back on track with her bills. Or try looking into financial assistance programs from her energy company, which can be found here. Man utility companies in Maryland offer some form of grants or financial aid.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mar ... ing_b.html

uote="Marybeth"]Hi, my mother-in-law has been without power for about two weeks now. She owes $1,700 and has a low paying job. She wants us to take out a loan but we are low income as well with a baby. I dont know who else to turn to. She was on payment plans and still couldn't pay. They said to turn it back on she would have to pay in full. She's a single mother and only makes $600 a month. Its impossible for her. Please if you know of anybody who can help let me know. Thank you so much.[/quote]
Tou99

Post by Tou99 »

I am 30 years old and the water ills is under my name. The reason why i wrote this letter so i can explained why i need Help to pay my water bill and soon i will be locked up and the only people thats left at my home is my fiance her 3 sons one is 9 years old and a twins at age of 14 years old that is in middle school and our baby 8 months old. My fiance is not working at this time so I'm asking your help to help pay the bills for only this month that i can't pay for it that is all i am asking. Sincerely 8/12/11
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If the service is about to be cut off, look into the LIHEAP crisis program. It can help people facing an emergency disconnection, and may be able to pay out cash grants or other types of financial assistance or monies to you.
Tou99 wrote:I am 30 years old and the water ills is under my name. The reason why i wrote this letter so i can explained why i need Help to pay my water bill and soon i will be locked up and the only people thats left at my home is my fiance her 3 sons one is 9 years old and a twins at age of 14 years old that is in middle school and our baby 8 months old. My fiance is not working at this time so I'm asking your help to help pay the bills for only this month that i can't pay for it that is all i am asking. Sincerely 8/12/11