Resources on Emergency Assistance with Past Due Rent and Uti

State and local government assistance programs.
Nancyle1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Resources on Emergency Assistance with Past Due Rent and Uti

Post by Nancyle1 »

Good Evening;

I am a single female and military veteran, who is in dire need of emergency financial assistance with past due rent and utilities, to prevent eviction and homelessness from my current apartment. In reviewing your website, I was unsuccessful in finding emergency funding resources that help individuals residing in an apartment and are facing eviction. I am in need of help! I have been faced with severe financial difficulty and am in need of assistance and the resources that I can go to who helps those who pay rent in an apartment and are struggling with paying their past due rent and utilities. Please, Please point me in the right direction of where I may go to receive immediate help or to obtain the resources of where to go to for help for women and veterans. I also need help in overcoming unemployment, and the help and support to regain and obtain full time permanent employment.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Resources on Emergency Assistance with Past Due Rent and Uti

Post by Admin »

Emergency funding does exist. There are numerous charities, non-profits, and government programs in Cobb County Georgia. A sampling of them is here. Many do have aid for military personnel too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cob ... ogram.html
There is also general eviction prevention advice support and programs listed on the site too. Most rent programs can help people in apartments as well as homes, so not limited at all. Utilities may also be covered by the Cobb County organizations and agencies too. Specific programs for women exist too.
Nancyle1 wrote:Good Evening;

I am a single female and military veteran, who is in dire need of emergency financial assistance with past due rent and utilities, to prevent eviction and homelessness from my current apartment. In reviewing your website, I was unsuccessful in finding emergency funding resources that help individuals residing in an apartment and are facing eviction. I am in need of help! I have been faced with severe financial difficulty and am in need of assistance and the resources that I can go to who helps those who pay rent in an apartment and are struggling with paying their past due rent and utilities. Please, Please point me in the right direction of where I may go to receive immediate help or to obtain the resources of where to go to for help for women and veterans. I also need help in overcoming unemployment, and the help and support to regain and obtain full time permanent employment.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.
SandyMacd

Re: Resources on Emergency Assistance with Past Due Rent and

Post by SandyMacd »

I am needing help with my utility bill and 2 storage units that have all of my belongings in them, my ex left us (my 15 year old daughter and myself) in Sept to take a job in Ohio and never came back to get us, I have had to put everything I own/have in storage and it is about to be auctioned off if I do not bring it current, my electric is set to be turned off on July 24 unless I get that paid, my family is unable to help as my dad is on a limited income and my sister just went back to work after losing her job 2 1/2 years ago. Is there anyway to receive some help. Please, Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The units are in Ohio and need help there. Details on Ohio energy assistance programs can be found here. Continue. At this link/resource. There are options/solutions like the The PIPP Plus assistance program or the Ohio Winter Reconnect Program, which gets power back on and/or prevents disconnections of utility services.
SandyMacd wrote:I am needing help with my utility bill and 2 storage units that have all of my belongings in them, my ex left us (my 15 year old daughter and myself) in Sept to take a job in Ohio and never came back to get us, I have had to put everything I own/have in storage and it is about to be auctioned off if I do not bring it current, my electric is set to be turned off on July 24 unless I get that paid, my family is unable to help as my dad is on a limited income and my sister just went back to work after losing her job 2 1/2 years ago. Is there anyway to receive some help. Please, Thank you.
Apple

Post by Apple »

Hello, I have a family of 4. I really need guidance to find work anywhere in California. I have a good background in employment. My wife has a job but it doesn't give her enough hours(15- hours a week. Im behind on rent and utilities. I dont have gasoline to go to interviews. Please help us. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, we focus on providing information and phone numbers to assistance programs, both national and in California. We can't really help with jobs, other than work from home. Find our listing of California assistance programs though. Maybe you will read about and can apply to some agencies using this information that can help you make it through a difficult period.
Apple wrote:Hello, I have a family of 4. I really need guidance to find work anywhere in California. I have a good background in employment. My wife has a job but it doesn't give her enough hours(15- hours a week. Im behind on rent and utilities. I dont have gasoline to go to interviews. Please help us. Thank you.
Nomura12

Post by Nomura12 »

I have just became a single mother of 4 children with NO income. January was the last month I will receive any money. I am hitting brick walls asking for assistance in my area. I live in Camden County Georgia. Salvation Army is out of funds, GA Power has no assistance nor does the local water company. I have been approved for food stamps but can't find any assistance for help with rent, electric, and water. If you can get me any names or numbers I can call I would greatly appreciate it. We are getting desperate. I do not have the money to pay the rent for February so we are probably around 30 days away from being homeless. My youngest child is 3 months old. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well sounds like you have done many of the right things. Get food stamps, call Salvation Army, Georgia Power, etc. About the only thing we can do is give you more place that may have funding. You will need to call. Find more Camden County assistance programs, charities, agencies, etc. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/coa ... e_pro.html
Use that to find the names and numbers.
Nomura12 wrote:I have just became a single mother of 4 children with NO income. January was the last month I will receive any money. I am hitting brick walls asking for assistance in my area. I live in Camden County Georgia. Salvation Army is out of funds, GA Power has no assistance nor does the local water company. I have been approved for food stamps but can't find any assistance for help with rent, electric, and water. If you can get me any names or numbers I can call I would greatly appreciate it. We are getting desperate. I do not have the money to pay the rent for February so we are probably around 30 days away from being homeless. My youngest child is 3 months old. Thank you
SandyAla

Post by SandyAla »

I have three kids and on disability, but after my house and all my belongings were burnt in our house fire I’m having a hard time paying the bills alone. Rent and electric is 1000 $ and I only make 700$. I have no car and I do not have a washer or dryer. I’m having a very hard time right now, if anyone could help I would be grateful.
Person

Post by Person »

I need help. I write this to put everything in one place, in the hope that it will help me articulate something that I am often to depressed or distracted to be able to mention all of it. I am in a sad situation and though this letter shows desperation I am not suicidal, Just in case you have that concern. I am just looking for help.
I am disabled. I can walk only very short distances. I have arthritis that makes it painful to grasp things in my hands and I avoid newspapers, books, magazines, etc. because it causes pain in my hands to flip pages. I have things around the home that need done but often am unable to do it either because of the continual pain I am in or because I can't afford to hire anyone. I have way to many things plugged into too few outlets, creating a fire hazard but don't know what else to do.
I get $721.00 a month from SSI. Even though I worked all my life, I was told I don't have enough hours to qualify for disability. I also get $171.00 a month in food stamps.
I am supporting my wife who is 55 years old and hasn't worked in 1o years. She is hard of hearing, has poor eyesight and I can not think of any type of work she is qualified to do.
I am living in a home owned by my mom, she pays $540 a month for the mortgage, she pays my electric bill and water bill. She is on Social Security and has a small annuity. I pay her $500 a month rent.
I have a truck that I can't drive as it needs repairs that I can't afford, I have no way of getting around, other than a vehicle that I purchased over a year that I have been unable to get a title for. I pay for basic cable, internet and phone, Fuel for the car that I drive illegally because I can't get a title for it, and for food, cleaning supplies, hygiene, and medicine and medical care for my wife. The income I have does not go far enough.
I have claim for veterans disability but have little hope of being approved and even if it was it would simply decrease what I get from SSI. I have been in touch with the VA Service Officer and was told there is nothing else I can do. This situation is quite dire and extremely depressing. According to my Social Security statement if I died my wife would get $1700 a month. It seems that I am ( a least according to the SSA) worth more dead than alive.
Based on all the information I have, it appears I am a drain on my mom and by being alive, depriving my wife. I should also add that I have long term issues with depression, PTSD, a fear of authority and police. I tend to be afraid to ask for help as I expect denial. I have trouble getting anything done because I expect failure, I feel like a failure, I believe that anything I do will turn out to be the wrong thing. I fear by asking for help from the SSA or VA that I am risking arrest for perjury because they would think I am untruthful. I fear getting stopped for driving a car that I can not register, but am forced to by circumstances, and getting fines that would make matters worse. It appears to me that I have no options and no hope things will ever get better, at least as long as I am alive. I don't want to live like this but also do not want to cause distress to anyone by killing myself. Something needs to happen.
I fully expect this to fall on deaf ears, or on those who don't have the resources to help. I question whether I should even bother, as this is probably just another bad decision. By pleading it would only make others think less of me. I have no Idea where to turn. There are food pantries that can help somewhat, but I am risking arrest, fines and impound by going in an unregistered car. Even If I go to these food pantries, experience has demonstrated that I have to spend more in fuel than the value of the food I receive.
I need help. I need advise. I live in Florida.
Knuckledown

Post by Knuckledown »

Hello, I am in need of emergency help with Rent, Security deposit, and Electric. The amount I need is $393.00. It is $87.00 (rent), $230.00 (security deposit), and $76.00 (DTE). The reason I Need this help is because recently I have been approved for income based housing (which I was on a waiting list for 3 years) and if I do not come up with the money by the time the apartment is done in two weeks, I will lose the apartment and I will have to go back on the waiting list.
I am on SSD and I live from month to month. This month I had to pay for a full month rent at the location I currently live at especially since I will not be able to give a 30 day notice. I will not need this help again. I hope you will be able to help or refer me to someone who can help. I tried to get help from DSS but was told that my income must be 3x the amount of the money I am asking for. Please do not give this number out without first talking to me personally, thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is basically everything you need help for, though $393 is not a terribly large amount of money to ask for state aid. But if you were approved for income based housing and you waited 3 years for it, that was extremely irresponsible not to save your money over those last 36 months. That is $10 per month. You could not even save that on your SSD payments? We doublt state government or aid programs will help you as you had 3 years, but you can apply for resources here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Mybadder

Post by Mybadder »

My old landlord put me in a 1 bedroom apartment to get me out of an abusive relationship. He did this knowing I had no job at the time and I've been searching for one every day. I have been here since August 1, 2016 and am still unemployed.
He stopped by this morning and said he would be patient for a little longer. I am doing everything I can to find work. No employers have called me in for an interview yet. On January 5, 2018 I will start a WorkReadyNH class at Great Bay Community College. I fear he will have me moved out soon. Is there a program that can help me with my past rent so I don't end up homeless ? Thank you.