Need credit counseling

Help with eliminating and paying debt, including credit card debt and medical debt.
Odilla
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need credit counseling

Post by Odilla »

Hi, I need credit counseling course or free advice so that I can qualify to file for Cht 7 or 13 today. I do not know how the bankruptcy process works and need someone to walk me through it. Thanks. In addition,plus I have a hearing with a judge to set aside my foreclosure today at 1:30 PM. So the counseling needs to be immediate.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need credit counseling

Post by Admin »

I always recommend talk to a free or non-profit credit counseling agency. They can advise you on and help you file bankruptcy, deal with creditors, enter you into debt management plans, budgeting, and other support. Many national groups exist. Find a listing of non-profit counseling agencies that may operate in your state or have an office in your town.
Odilla wrote:Hi, I need credit counseling course or free advice so that I can qualify to file for Cht 7 or 13 today. I do not know how the bankruptcy process works and need someone to walk me through it. Thanks. In addition,plus I have a hearing with a judge to set aside my foreclosure today at 1:30 PM. So the counseling needs to be immediate.
Roche

Post by Roche »

I'm piling on bills, CC Debt and Fee's and cant pay for utilities if i want to eat. I moved to OK and with the cost of moving and deposits for new services, I've never been able to get ahead. My bills, CC's, loans, taxes, are all behind. Then i have one problem after another. Both my vehicles broke down. Engine blew on one, the other just cost me 1900 that i didn't have, but would go towards rent. I've done all the work myself to cut costs but can never get ahead. I don't know about all the programs available to me. Most I don't qualify for because i make to much. Really i dont make enough with everything going up in price. You would think that someone making over 60k would be able to pay for everything. No car payments, renting a home, 10-15k in debt to cards, VA, taxes included would be more. I dont know what to do
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That income level should support being able to pay credit card bills. You just need to slowly chip away at the balance, and maybe some short term assistance would help, such as lowering interest rates or some support such as that. The best thing to do is to call your credit card company directly and ask them for help. Also look into options such as credit card modifications that can help alleviate the amount of debts you owe. Look into free car repairs for your vehicle too.
Roche wrote:I'm piling on bills, CC Debt and Fee's and cant pay for utilities if i want to eat. I moved to OK and with the cost of moving and deposits for new services, I've never been able to get ahead. My bills, CC's, loans, taxes, are all behind. Then i have one problem after another. Both my vehicles broke down. Engine blew on one, the other just cost me 1900 that i didn't have, but would go towards rent. I've done all the work myself to cut costs but can never get ahead. I don't know about all the programs available to me. Most I don't qualify for because i make to much. Really i dont make enough with everything going up in price. You would think that someone making over 60k would be able to pay for everything. No car payments, renting a home, 10-15k in debt to cards, VA, taxes included would be more. I dont know what to do
Asbury Park

Post by Asbury Park »

I am desperate and seem to need everything all at once; I am truly embraced to admit. However in a brave moment I will share the extent of my needs. First I have no job, no transportation, no future income, nothing of value to sell, no health insurance but see a physician once a month and have reoccurring prescription expenses and no way to pay for them not to mention no health insurance of any kind. I was denied disability yet meet the criteria to qualify. I live in a temporary home that at anytime could be no longer an option and the cost is outrageous due to the area I live in (Odessa Texas and oil country). I am fighting the state for custody of my daughter whom was taken under false pretenses and need legal help that has mine and my sons best interest at heart instead of an overworked underpaid court appointed individual who doesn’t give a damn one way or another... unaffordable to me at present also. I am hungry and need assistance purchasing groceries and even basic toiletries. My credit is a 389 and have no earthy idea what is on my credit report or if it is truly my mistakes. I have lost or had my wallet stolen so many times I can’t count. I need counseling regarding education and or new job training and bills that are still growing faster than I can pay them. I need help of every kind and am completely overwhelmed.
Helen

Post by Helen »

I am in desperate need of some help. One time help. A company got my bank info and over drew my account so I am in debt with my bank now and the company is saying they will pay me back and have not. I am in big trouble. I have two major bills do by Monday. Well three but according to the rules you might help with two. My light bill is about be disconnected if I cant at least pay $100.00 by Monday. Then I can be back on a budget plan and on Monday my internet/phone will be shut off too. I also owe money on my Visa credit card and have about $5000 in debt on it. The only reason I am worried about the internet/phone too is because I am about to start online schooling to making something better of myself because I am disabled. and I cant start school in California if they shut my lights and phone/internet. I owe 94.00 on my phone/internet. I just need a one time help to get caught up. Someone suggested a credit counselor?
I have no furniture accept a bed. I sit and sleep on and that payment is due Monday too and because of this company I am behind and my bank is over drawn and I don't know how to pay them either. I am sorry to ask but if anything can be helped it would save me and I can start school. Also I have health issues and need to talk to my doctors.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If that is what occurred, then you are not responsible. If someone steals from your bank then you do not need to repay the debts. But it would be good for you to speak to a credit counselor, as they can work with you and maybe contest this on your behalf. So if you take care of that issue then would that free up your other money? So yes, talk to a non-profit credit counselor and we have information on a number of other debt reduction programs too. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _debt.html
Cara

Post by Cara »

Hi, I'm 30 years old and have major debt! I live in Venice beach CA.
I am a licensed hairstylist and have a job opportunity this Sunday for a possible long term job.
I need help getting my credit out of debt. I have made poor decisions early adult hood and now am paying the price. Please help with any referrals to credit counselors who are non-profit as I have absolutely NO money to pay up front.