LEGAL CASE AND BILLS

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Missymax
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

LEGAL CASE AND BILLS

Post by Missymax »

NEED ASSISTANCE WITH MY BILLS, AND FUNDING FOR MY LEGAL CASE TO BE PROCEDURESED. I NEED HELP ASAP, THANK "U"
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: LEGAL CASE AND BILLS

Post by Admin »

Here are a couple programs for free legal advice. LawWorks (was Solicitors Pro Bono Group) helps to encurage and enable lawyers to provide free legal help to familes and individuals and community groups in need. Another option is Activists' Legal Project which provides assistance and information about the law and legal rights to people who are thinking of taking direct action, or who have taken direct action. Run by volunteers and the legal advice is free.
jbeers1

Post by jbeers1 »

Good Morning, In short, I have got behind on utility payment and power soon to be cut off any day. I do not have enough to even put a dent on my rent on a lease I just signed. I have been on Social Security on and off but mainly on since 2008. I check and communicate with them in person very often. Made extra all day trips to the SS office before I took on the modest living arrangements that I am in now including hefty deposits. I found out on my own in great surprise on the online social security account that I was not active anymore. I triple check all mailings and went all day at the field office, passed around to many people and given a different story. They are seemingly reevaluating as part of some standardized routine policy. They did not give me any notice. I will go to office again in fear of still in progress. I made a very committed effort to house and care for my self.. Now, in close to be in late charge debt and lease default. They put me, with out communicating with me, in a very bad situation, and if a miracle does not happen very soon, I'll be homeless and understandably to many a bitter man. Please advise. I know I can seek legal representation for me, but it would be to slow moving with appeals and paperwork. Bill collectors are revving up there engines. Thank you, please let me know ether way ASAP so I can so I will not be guessing.
MBest

Post by MBest »

I am so sorry to have to contact you, I have tried all I can to have to not reach out. I am still trying to divorce my abusive husband. He has dragged this out and I have been blind sided time after time. I have been representing myself for about a year now. All of the legal harassment has consumed my time trying to defend my time. It was so bad that we had to have a juvenile judge decide custody only. I got primary custody, and he was to continue paying support. He once again blinded sided me and sent me an email after he told me he has deposited my support check, stating he was not going to pay support any more. This is his last attempt that may succeed to get the kids by default because I will lose everything. I found a gracious lawyer that is helping me, and required only a retainer to tackle my long complicated case. I had to borrow money for this as support is what kept me afloat. The lawyer filed a motion for contempt, but it will not be heard until, I will have everything turned off and rent will be late enough to have the landlord kick me out. He said because he knows my situation, he would let me stay but I could not be late, because he has a mortgage. Can you please help me, I can pay it back when he has to pay me because this is clearly a contempt of court issue.
Helen

Post by Helen »

We have been wrongfully evicted after we called code enforcement on our landlord. They gave us our 3 day, came with sheriff and threatened arrest if we came near the house to move our things out.
Said they'd move it to a storage where we would later get a call 24 hours in advance of just one day to move our things from there storage to ours.... but were scene by many witnesses throwing our things from the 2nd floor, bassinet, crib dresser drawers- everything thrown down and broken apart then heaved into a U-Haul. Its heartbreaking. Who said that not paying rent constitutes breaking a family's livelihood and memories. So, we need a lawyer to stand & help us fight it. City named the place hazardous. Sure was. Especially after they were done with the "move". Please help us!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you did not pay your rent your landlord has every right to evict you, so legal aid can't help there. There is no question on that. What, do you want to live somewhere for free and think you are entitled to that? People rent homes/apartments, etc in Indiana and other states as a business. If you don't pay, you cost them money.
As far as moving your things, really if you left them behind (post eviction) then you lose all rights to your stuff. So the landlord could even say they were doing you a favor by not just taking possession of them. Anyway, you need much more then legal help. You need budgeting advice, a job, and more. Read free Indiana legal help.
Helen

Post by Helen »

I am in desperate need of legal help. I felt bad for a 19 year old male 3 years ago. He was homeless and I told him he could stay a few months as long as he paid $300 a month for rent, plus his part of the utilities.
He never paid one full month’s rent nor contributed towards the utility bills. Instead he moved his girlfriend in behind my back and literally trashed my home. The police won't help and say I have to evict but I don't have the money because I'm disabled and live on SSD.