311 Could not Help- I need help with rent now!!

Find how to get help with rent
ada19
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

311 Could not Help- I need help with rent now!!

Post by ada19 »

My brother and I live in a 2 bedroom apt in Hyde Park. Because I have been the only one working paying bills has been stressful and difficult. I don't even make my rent in a month of working! On top of that I have other bills. Now my brother and I are facing eviction, and I called all over the city of Chicago for help. Every time I was told to call 311, but because I do not make more than my rent in a month, and my brother is not working, I do not qualify for assistance. He's been looking for a job everywhere but the economy is horrible. Please. If we do not have the money by Friday we'll be evicted! My parents are broke and cannot help us. No one can help us? Why? If anything we really need the help. I can't even afford food right now.

Please
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: 311 Could not Help- I need help with rent now!!

Post by Admin »

The city of Chicago runs some programs that can provide rent and utility help. Find phone numbers and addresses for Chicago government rent help. The locations to call are known as Community Service Centers, and they are located throughout the city. While you will need to apply and be found qualified, they may be an option for you.
ada19 wrote:My brother and I live in a 2 bedroom apt in Hyde Park. Because I have been the only one working paying bills has been stressful and difficult. I don't even make my rent in a month of working! On top of that I have other bills. Now my brother and I are facing eviction, and I called all over the city of Chicago for help. Every time I was told to call 311, but because I do not make more than my rent in a month, and my brother is not working, I do not qualify for assistance. He's been looking for a job everywhere but the economy is horrible. Please. If we do not have the money by Friday we'll be evicted! My parents are broke and cannot help us. No one can help us? Why? If anything we really need the help. I can't even afford food right now.

Please