Section 8/Landlord Issues about to leave me Homeless!

Find how to get help with rent
Kelli
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Section 8/Landlord Issues about to leave me Homeless!

Post by Kelli »

I have had nothing but problems since I moved in to this property & now I am @ risk of losing my Section 8 Housing assistance which will leave me Homeless! I am a middle aged. single,white female living in a Gang area. The "Homies" know that if my cae's not herre, the house is empty & i have had my home broken into & been stolen from so many times I sincerely have lost count! The problem is, I have had all my personal/business papers, including receipts from Money Orders, etc. stolen as well! My home was broken into 3 times in the 1st 2 weeks of July!
My Landlords have been terrible & I have been without water twice now (lease agreement was for them to pay the bill but I have had to take it over @ $62.00 per mo.!) & I've had no hot water due to the hot water heater being broken, since the 4th of July! They no longer want Section 8 occupants & have obviously been wanting me out, which I've wanted to do but couldn't get cooperation fronm Section 8! They are now claiming I owe rent for "several months" nothing specific! A yearly inspection was scheduled twice, Both times I called the number provided & left messages that I neede to reschedule because there were many repairs which needed to be made & I have been ynable to get hold of the owners, They sent the inspector anyway & are saying I didn't comply & are now attempting to terminate my assistance! There's much more but you get the idea!
I am & have been on SSI Disability for years now. I've suffered migraines since the age of 4. have severe carpal tunnel in both wrists & have Fibromyalsia! I have also had broken bones from my nose to my toes, literally! So not a doy goes by that I'm not in pain & it's not going to go away or get better. I cannot hold down any type of a job because when my migraines hi, they take me down for anywhere from 1-7 days & I have little to no advance warning. There are days that it takes me 1/2 hour to get out of bed & 1/2 the day to be able to stand up straight so a job, no one would hire me or I'd be working! I wikk end up homeless if I lose it!
I live in Bakersfield, CA. If anyone can help PLEASE!
Thank You
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Section 8/Landlord Issues about to leave me Homeless!

Post by Admin »

How would you lose section 8 housing exactly? Call the agency and tell them what the landlord told you about not being paid. Work with the housing agency.
Find an extensive listing of Section 8 housing in California here. Dozens of agencies and non-profits are listed. If the place you normally work with can't help you and your housing situation, then call another section 8 housing agency in your area of CA.
Kelli wrote:I have had nothing but problems since I moved in to this property & now I am @ risk of losing my Section 8 Housing assistance which will leave me Homeless! I am a middle aged. single,white female living in a Gang area. The "Homies" know that if my cae's not herre, the house is empty & i have had my home broken into & been stolen from so many times I sincerely have lost count! The problem is, I have had all my personal/business papers, including receipts from Money Orders, etc. stolen as well! My home was broken into 3 times in the 1st 2 weeks of July!
My Landlords have been terrible & I have been without water twice now (lease agreement was for them to pay the bill but I have had to take it over @ $62.00 per mo.!) & I've had no hot water due to the hot water heater being broken, since the 4th of July! They no longer want Section 8 occupants & have obviously been wanting me out, which I've wanted to do but couldn't get cooperation fronm Section 8! They are now claiming I owe rent for "several months" nothing specific! A yearly inspection was scheduled twice, Both times I called the number provided & left messages that I neede to reschedule because there were many repairs which needed to be made & I have been ynable to get hold of the owners, They sent the inspector anyway & are saying I didn't comply & are now attempting to terminate my assistance! There's much more but you get the idea!
I am & have been on SSI Disability for years now. I've suffered migraines since the age of 4. have severe carpal tunnel in both wrists & have Fibromyalsia! I have also had broken bones from my nose to my toes, literally! So not a doy goes by that I'm not in pain & it's not going to go away or get better. I cannot hold down any type of a job because when my migraines hi, they take me down for anywhere from 1-7 days & I have little to no advance warning. There are days that it takes me 1/2 hour to get out of bed & 1/2 the day to be able to stand up straight so a job, no one would hire me or I'd be working! I wikk end up homeless if I lose it!
I live in Bakersfield, CA. If anyone can help PLEASE!
Thank You