Government mortgage grants

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
LisaPark
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Government mortgage grants

Post by LisaPark »

Does the government, either federal or state, have any grants that can help with making a mortgage payment, or stopping my home from going thru the foreclosure process? The banks are trying to take my home from home as I am a couple months behind on my mortgage, and any grants or help anyone can give is appreciated.
helper

Re: Government mortgage grants

Post by helper »

Maybe not grants, but they offer a ton of assistance. They are trying to help something like 5 million people. Mostly thr loan modifications, refinancing, and other steps. Many states have programs as well. Try the main site, needhelppayingbills.com for a list of programs.
Jwhite

Post by Jwhite »

Dear Government, I am a full time student and I am finished Nassau Community College and I am moving on. My parents are four months behind on mortgage and facing foreclosure and struggling to pay the utilities. My father has declared bankruptcy on April 6th,2010 and because of that he could not get any loan from any bank for me to pay the rent of the Baruch. The Federal will gives me a loan almost $6,500 for paying the rent of this school year. The money will goes to the Counselor of the Baruch in late September. The cost of the rent is almost $12,000 for a year and I have to pay the whole thing $12,000 on August 2nd,2011. I only will have $6,500 from The Federal, but this money will not enough and will not able going on time on August 2nd. It will be there in late September. With my parents’s critical situation, I could not get any private or personal loan by myself from any bank. I am in desperate, my parents could not help me, The Federal will gives me a loan for the rent but not enough and not on time. I really do not want to drop out of college. May I have your guidance. Thank you very much for your time. Respectfully,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

I think you really need to look into the various ways to get help paying student loans, bills, college scholarships, and other programs for college and high school students. There are forbearance programs, jobs that eliminate student debts and loans, consolidation, and other options. Read about all of the ways for student loan help and other financial assistance programs and grants.
Jwhite wrote:Dear Government, I am a full time student and I am finished Nassau Community College and I am moving on. My parents are four months behind on mortgage and facing foreclosure and struggling to pay the utilities. My father has declared bankruptcy on April 6th,2010 and because of that he could not get any loan from any bank for me to pay the rent of the Baruch. The Federal will gives me a loan almost $6,500 for paying the rent of this school year. The money will goes to the Counselor of the Baruch in late September. The cost of the rent is almost $12,000 for a year and I have to pay the whole thing $12,000 on August 2nd,2011. I only will have $6,500 from The Federal, but this money will not enough and will not able going on time on August 2nd. It will be there in late September. With my parents’s critical situation, I could not get any private or personal loan by myself from any bank. I am in desperate, my parents could not help me, The Federal will gives me a loan for the rent but not enough and not on time. I really do not want to drop out of college. May I have your guidance. Thank you very much for your time. Respectfully,
Conan12

Post by Conan12 »

I feel funny writing this but I am looking for any resources that might me available. A friend of mine said you helped her family in a time of need, and you directed her to some local grants and assistance. I am a proud man and I don't believe in handouts. This is very difficult for me. I moved out of my home in Dallas 18 months ago. My wife and i just could not work through our differences. I have not seen my son (age 12) or daughter (age 16) since I left. Their mother has some serious issues and will not let me see them and has done everything imaginable to turn them against me. When I left I went to live with my sister in Houston. He sold his house and I was forced to find a place of my own. I am an electrician who works out of the local 5 union. My work is not steady. I am paying $1300.00 in support a month. A found a dumpy apartment for $440.00 a month. It has three windows. They don't have screens and the locks are broken. There is no air and I can't pick up a cellphone signal if my life depended on it. Well, on August 5th I came home from work to find that there was a fire in the apartment above mine. Thank goodness no one was hurt but my apartment is unlivable. The American red cross put me up in a hotel until tomorrow morning. However, the company who came in during the fire said it could be up to a week before I can get in. The apartment owner is waiting to hear back from the insurance company so no cleaning or anything has been started. Stupidly, I didn't have renter's insurance and I don't even know what they will be doing in the apartment. There is no kitchen in the hotel so I have to not eat or eat out. They tore down the ceiling in the kitchen and had to tear the entire floor up in my apartment. Everything smells of smoke. I don't even know if they are going to clean the furniture. They unplugged the fridge and I fear everything in it will have to be thrown away. To make matters worse I was be laid off last Friday. I am on day 9 of hotel stays and I simply can't continue to pay this. Even before the fire I was dreading this layoff. I don't see any way I can afford the rent, my bills and the support. I am very distraught. I worked all my life, my wife did not. I paid all the bills on time. Now I am 48 years old with nothing to show for it. I can't even see my children whom I miss terribly. I lived to see my daughter play ball. Furthermore because I didn't have enough hours of work I owed $2000.00 for health benefits for myself and my family. I have epilepsy. I didn't have the money and was going to borrow the money from my pension. My wife has to sign the form to release the funds and she has been dragging her feet for over thirty days. Soon I will run out of my seizure medicine. She would rather see herself and the kids go without health insurance just to spite me, and government care is not offered for us. I truly feel at the end of my rope. She is going to get everything I have...the house, my pension, my inheritance, everything. I won't even have a place to live. Anyway, I am sure there isn't any solutions for me. If nothing else I guess it feels good just to get it out of my head and on paper. I have made many mistakes in my life but like the song says "I'm better than I use to be". I know I am a good person. If you know of any resources or government programs I would be greatly appreciative.
Hood

Post by Hood »

Hi, just wondering what I can do. I think we make too much to get help and too little to survive. I'm married with children an we are always behind on every bill especially the mortgage but other bills are probably overdue. The emphasis in on the mortgage. While the balance is low just have hard time with all the other bills. I wish there was a grant loan I could get that I would never have to pay back. I make about 30K a year and a foreclosure is close. But with four kids an everything else due I can't afford mortgage. Such is my wish. I hope this is not a scam or a way out.