LIHEAP does not call me back

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Sonya
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

LIHEAP does not call me back

Post by Sonya »

I submitted a complete application for LIHEAP on 9/15/10. I was told I would receive assistance in about two months. I called once to a number a found online to followup and left a message, but no one ever called me back. I have never heard from anyone. I am desperate. I am in arrears to MLGW and receive a cutoff notice every month. If the LIHEAP program does not help me pay my utility bills then I may have my service turned off, freeze to death, or lose my home. I live in Elizabethtown Kentucky.

Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: LIHEAP does not call me back

Post by Admin »

Here is info on how to get help with bills, rent, debts, etc. Hardin County and Elizabethtown. Kentucky. The United Way of Central Kentucky partners with local non-profits and community action agencies, and they are always a great place to call. (270)737-0669. Community Health Charities of Kentucky at 1-888-336-3611 has info on LIHEAP and other utility and energy bill programs. And in this area, the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is run by the Central Kentucky Community Action Council, and more info is below.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogr1.html
Sonya wrote:I submitted a complete application for LIHEAP on 9/15/10. I was told I would receive assistance in about two months. I called once to a number a found online to followup and left a message, but no one ever called me back. I have never heard from anyone. I am desperate. I am in arrears to MLGW and receive a cutoff notice every month. If the LIHEAP program does not help me pay my utility bills then I may have my service turned off, freeze to death, or lose my home. I live in Elizabethtown Kentucky.

Thank you
Roger

Post by Roger »

Good Morning,
To Whom It May Concern: I went to HEAP for help with my city of Lodi bill. I have been in contact with Heap since 6-1-11 my application was mailed/faxed 6-4-11. On 6-23-11 I got a call from Sonny in Stockton saying that one paper with my signature she didn't get. I returned her call and asked what paper is missing and that I made copies of everything and that I would be off work the next day 6-24-11 and could walk it in at 8 am. I have no idea why it would have taken from 6-4-11 until 6-23-11 to contact me if any documents were missing. I continued to check status with the city of Lodi everyday
from 6-1-11 until 6-29-11. I was constantly told that I could be shut off at any time and nothing could be done. That Heap had not called them yet. So on 6-7-11 I called Madeline at HEAP in Stockton and she personally called the city for me. The city gave an extension until 6-20-11 which I was never told of the ext due date only HEAP knew of this. So, after leaving Sonny on Friday 6-24-11 I was told by sonny that every thing would be taken care of no problem. I get home from work last night 6-28-11 and my electricity is off.. Now what little food my children and I had is now spoiled so not only do I have to try to feed my children again I now have no electricity and my daughter and I have medical problems that require elect. equipment in which we can't use our breathing machine if needed. After speaking with Candice at city of Lodi this morning at 8 am I was told that the city of Lodi never got a call until this morning 6-29-2011 when in fact Madeline and Sonny knew of the extension they set up with a due date of 6-20-2011. So, when I left Sonny on 6-24-2011 she was already aware that it was 4 days late to be called in with a guarantee. Now, The city of Lodi wants me to pay a deposit of 300.00 plus a reconnect fee of 33.00 plus 20.00 of the new bill before they will turn it back on. This is IMPOSSIBLE for me to come up with since I have already borrowed 198.00 on 6-1-11 to
pay the city. Is there anything that can be done to turn back on my electricity without me paying that money that I don't have nor do I feel I should have to pay because I did everything I was instructed to do. It is totally out of my control when the people at HEAP make the phone calls. PLEASE HELP ME AND MY DAUGHTERS...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is Lodi in the Stockton and San Joaquin California region? Honestly I am not sure. Sounds like a lot of administrative issues and delays, which I hate to say is life. You should start the process for LIHEAP much earlier next time. I would just continue to try to work with Lodi and see what they say. Maybe they can be reasonable for you.
Also try calling the following in San Joaquin California for help or utility assistance.
Call the Human Services Agency at (209) 468-1000. Tracy Interfaith Ministries is another option. Phone 209-836-5424
Roger wrote:Good Morning,
To Whom It May Concern: I went to HEAP for help with my city of Lodi bill. I have been in contact with Heap since 6-1-11 my application was mailed/faxed 6-4-11. On 6-23-11 I got a call from Sonny in Stockton saying that one paper with my signature she didn't get. I returned her call and asked what paper is missing and that I made copies of everything and that I would be off work the next day 6-24-11 and could walk it in at 8 am. I have no idea why it would have taken from 6-4-11 until 6-23-11 to contact me if any documents were missing. I continued to check status with the city of Lodi everyday
from 6-1-11 until 6-29-11. I was constantly told that I could be shut off at any time and nothing could be done. That Heap had not called them yet. So on 6-7-11 I called Madeline at HEAP in Stockton and she personally called the city for me. The city gave an extension until 6-20-11 which I was never told of the ext due date only HEAP knew of this. So, after leaving Sonny on Friday 6-24-11 I was told by sonny that every thing would be taken care of no problem. I get home from work last night 6-28-11 and my electricity is off.. Now what little food my children and I had is now spoiled so not only do I have to try to feed my children again I now have no electricity and my daughter and I have medical problems that require elect. equipment in which we can't use our breathing machine if needed. After speaking with Candice at city of Lodi this morning at 8 am I was told that the city of Lodi never got a call until this morning 6-29-2011 when in fact Madeline and Sonny knew of the extension they set up with a due date of 6-20-2011. So, when I left Sonny on 6-24-2011 she was already aware that it was 4 days late to be called in with a guarantee. Now, The city of Lodi wants me to pay a deposit of 300.00 plus a reconnect fee of 33.00 plus 20.00 of the new bill before they will turn it back on. This is IMPOSSIBLE for me to come up with since I have already borrowed 198.00 on 6-1-11 to
pay the city. Is there anything that can be done to turn back on my electricity without me paying that money that I don't have nor do I feel I should have to pay because I did everything I was instructed to do. It is totally out of my control when the people at HEAP make the phone calls. PLEASE HELP ME AND MY DAUGHTERS...
Conting

Post by Conting »

My husband is an independent contractor, just slayed off by his home builder due to lack of building. He has one check coming for $1300.00. Our rent in Richmond Virginia is $800.00 and our electric bill is $257.00 both due this week. I just received my bachelors degree and had a job interview at the local hospital, but they are not going to hire anyone for a week. We also have a car payment $350.00, this is our only working vehicle. We have never struggled like this, but 2 years ago the recession really hurt us and we haven't been able to save money like we used to. Any help would be appreciated, hopefully just for this month. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well if you may get a job in Richmond in a week that is great news. Just hang in there. So you just need some short term help until that job starts? Here are the Richmond rent programs and agencies to call for guidance, grants, and aid. Eastern Henrico FISH Inc. runs an emergency help/assistance program that people can apply to up to once every 6 months. Dial 804-257-7730. Commonwealth Catholic Charities can help with back rent if you have an eviction notice.
Conting wrote:My husband is an independent contractor, just slayed off by his home builder due to lack of building. He has one check coming for $1300.00. Our rent in Richmond Virginia is $800.00 and our electric bill is $257.00 both due this week. I just received my bachelors degree and had a job interview at the local hospital, but they are not going to hire anyone for a week. We also have a car payment $350.00, this is our only working vehicle. We have never struggled like this, but 2 years ago the recession really hurt us and we haven't been able to save money like we used to. Any help would be appreciated, hopefully just for this month. Thank You.
Fancyone

Post by Fancyone »

Hello,
I just talked with my niece who lives in Rock City, IL, is low-income and has 3 children. I was appalled to find out that LIHEAP does not cover LP heating costs. Is this true? If so, what alternatives are available to people who live in the country? She has no email and so I am serving as proxy for her.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry, we don't know what LP is. Regardless, like any government subsidy, there are conditions for LIHEAP and funds are limited. You should like at anything it does pay as a bonus...not something your niece should be entitled too. In other words, any dollar that the government or any agency for that matters pays you be looked on with appreciation and gratitude. For more information on the Illinois, read more. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... eriza.html
Kelly_Ryan

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

I am having a difficult time in my marriage and am having a difficult time paying my electric bill by myself, and LIHEAP is not helping.
My husband promised to help me pay but has not kept his end of the bargain up, I have. 3 children and need to keep the power on for them.
What can I do to apply for some help?
Thanks you very much.
Sara Plummer

Post by Sara Plummer »

Hi,
I’m in need of assistance for applying for LIHEAP, the agencies listed for SpringhIll, TN Maury County do not call us back. Many others do not offer LIHEAP help or bill assistance. Non of the agencies listed on your webpage represent Maury County.
Please help, as I also called Middle Tennessee Electric and they don’t have any accurate information for my county either, the ones listed on their website are all irrelevant to SpringHill, TN Maury County.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into an online application. As most states versions of LIHEAP offer it. But nothing we can do if someone doesn't call you back...sadly but welcome to life. Most places, including private companies, struggle with "live" customer service. Anyway, look here for how to get LIHEAP online.