HUD Section 8 housing voucher

Find how to get help with rent
Trew1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

HUD Section 8 housing voucher

Post by Trew1 »

I need help with my rent. I am two months late and anticipating eviction. I am currently out of work on short term disability. This would be a one-time assistance. I was approved for section 8 housing 2 years ago, but due to the demand, I am on a 3-year waiting list. I am 17 weeks pregnant and on bed rest. I have an eviction notice. I owe 1222.12. I have paid $400 and applied for Emergency help through my local DHS and HUD office. My landlord has become inpatient and I can't get a hold of my HUD Case worker. What can I do?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: HUD Section 8 housing voucher

Post by Admin »

Many of the state HUD and section 8 programs do have extensive waiting lists like you mentioned. Not much you can do about that. The weak economy has made many lists even worse. The only thing you can do is wait, and also call around for other short term aid. A listing of Section 8, HUD, debt and housing counseling agencies can be located on the main site. Find Section 8 housing in Arizona programs and agencies, like the Phoenix AZ location at (520) 866-7201.

Trew1 wrote:I need help with my rent. I am two months late and anticipating eviction. I am currently out of work on short term disability. This would be a one-time assistance. I was approved for section 8 housing 2 years ago, but due to the demand, I am on a 3-year waiting list. I am 17 weeks pregnant and on bed rest. I have an eviction notice. I owe 1222.12. I have paid $400 and applied for Emergency help through my local DHS and HUD office. My landlord has become inpatient and I can't get a hold of my HUD Case worker. What can I do?
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

i am currently out of work on Dr. disability/long term disability with my current employer. i have been released to go back part-time for a minimum of three months with listed physical as welll general needs per mental health also. i would like to know i there are any section 8, rental assistance and/or eligibility for me to obtain, even working part time thus my projected earnings are not enough to sustain continued ability to maintain at this time. i have also sought for SS/SSD & have been declined twice. now pending third appeal via Binder & Binder. any assistance as to what may be available, or where to seek help would be most appreciated. i am 28 yrs of age, live alone, & have no dependents. right now by partial benefits monthly is 1,317.42 monthly. that will decrease by end of month-June. do i have any options? Thank you in advance for your time.
Dannyd

Post by Dannyd »

I'm moving to Duluth,ga. I have section 8 and as of the 29th of June I'll have my inspection and must be moving in by the 8th of July. I found a cheap moving company that's willing to charge $1200 but have no way of paying.I do work but can't aafford to pay. Is there any way I can get help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, section 8 housing vouchers do not usually pay for moving costs, and they normally have waiting lists too. And the list may be long. That being said, you can always call and ask. There are locations in Duluth Georgia. A listing of Georgia section 8 housing vouchers are programs for Georgia is available. You can even decide to call the Georgia DCA at (404) 679-4940
Dannyd wrote:I'm moving to Duluth,ga. I have section 8 and as of the 29th of June I'll have my inspection and must be moving in by the 8th of July. I found a cheap moving company that's willing to charge $1200 but have no way of paying.I do work but can't aafford to pay. Is there any way I can get help?
Paula

Post by Paula »

Hello i'm in need of some emergency assistance, i have a 19yr daughter with a three month baby the house that we are currently living in is bugs infected so we are now house to house i have section 8 and find a apartment in the city of orange but i cant afford to pay the security deposit at this time. i really need some help and right now my daughter and her child has nowhere to go please
Durham

Post by Durham »

I am 18 and my girlfriend is 16 and pregnant; and we aren't comfortable with living in our parents homes when the baby is born. I am currently finishing my technical college career and will be done with that in December, (which happens to be when the baby is born), and my girlfriend is finishing high school online. We would like to receive assistance on paying for a low income apartment.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your best bet may be Section 8 vouchers in Florida. The government funded program will maximize the amount of rent that you need to pay as a percentage of your income. Proaly help you as you complete technical college, which is great by the way!
Durham wrote:I am 18 and my girlfriend is 16 and pregnant; and we aren't comfortable with living in our parents homes when the baby is born. I am currently finishing my technical college career and will be done with that in December, (which happens to be when the baby is born), and my girlfriend is finishing high school online. We would like to receive assistance on paying for a low income apartment.
Mander56

Post by Mander56 »

I live in Sanford nc Harnett co. and I got behind in my rent I am on (section 8 housing) because my landlady has a malfunctioning central heating unit that cause my electric bill to increase . still having problem with it repairman has been out here several times stated she need to get another unit... I'm on equal payment plan as a result I have to pay 325.00 each month for a year. And hd to have car repairs done only transportation I have to get back and forth to my dr. app'ts I've had a lot of medical problems too. everywhere I try to get some assistance says I have to be a tornado victim or don't have any funds. Johnston lee community action in Lillington does not help.. any assistance would be greatly appreciated
thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have extensive information on North Carolina section 8 housing vouchers, both for Harnett and other counties in the region. Call non-profits like the Graham Housing Authority at (336) 229-7041 or call another section 8 program that may be nearby, like Hertford Housing Authority. All of the phone numbers are listed on link.
Mander56 wrote:I live in Sanford nc Harnett co. and I got behind in my rent I am on (section 8 housing) because my landlady has a malfunctioning central heating unit that cause my electric bill to increase . still having problem with it repairman has been out here several times stated she need to get another unit... I'm on equal payment plan as a result I have to pay 325.00 each month for a year. And hd to have car repairs done only transportation I have to get back and forth to my dr. app'ts I've had a lot of medical problems too. everywhere I try to get some assistance says I have to be a tornado victim or don't have any funds. Johnston lee community action in Lillington does not help.. any assistance would be greatly appreciated
thank you
Tweedcoat

Post by Tweedcoat »

I live in a HUD funded community and I have always paid my bills. Tree years ago I started a summer job because I work ten months and went to the office to tell them about the summer job and the lady told me that because it was only for six weeks they would not raise my rent now three years later management is coming after me saying that I owe 2900 some dollars and they want it in ten days. It was not my fault but they wont let me make payments. I am 52 years old and don't know what to do about this if I have to pay I will but they know that I bring home only 679.00 every two weeks and they want me to pay 523.00a month I dont know how I can do this. Please help me. Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not know. You will need to address this with the agency, or possibly contact a lawyer for free legal advice and aid. Other HUD section 8 agencies in your state of Indiana are listed here, so call around to different locations for advice, applications, and to review that situation. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sec ... diana.html
Tweedcoat wrote:I live in a HUD funded community and I have always paid my bills. Tree years ago I started a summer job because I work ten months and went to the office to tell them about the summer job and the lady told me that because it was only for six weeks they would not raise my rent now three years later management is coming after me saying that I owe 2900 some dollars and they want it in ten days. It was not my fault but they wont let me make payments. I am 52 years old and don't know what to do about this if I have to pay I will but they know that I bring home only 679.00 every two weeks and they want me to pay 523.00a month I dont know how I can do this. Please help me. Thank you very much.
Johny tab

Post by Johny tab »

i am on section 8 and am having to pay $150 a month to my old landlord for a full months rent. I lived in the apt in 12/11 without paying rent. I am on social security disability and am having a $200 deduction due to a defaulted student loans is there anyway i can get assistance to pay off the remainder of the amount i owe, so that i don't have to continue paying monthly $150 for the next 10 months.I am also a single disabled mother, to a disabled child, I can't afford our medications, our rent, our co pays for doctor appt's. Any time and assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Marybutterfly

Post by Marybutterfly »

I am on SS only and have been receiving assistance each year, but I have not gotten a letter so far for assistance? I live in Baton Rouge Louisiana Apartments and am on HUD...Are they not helping us this year? Or just waiting till winter? My voucher expires soon and I need to figure out what the next steps are going to be. Thank you for any information you can give me...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many of the government programs have been cut back recently, including section 8 HUD vouchers. As difficult as it may be to say, over the long term housing, unemployment and other benefits will be reduced. This is mostly happening do to budget issues. However Louisiana still does have HUD vouchers, so not sure what would explain your issue in Baton Rouge. Did you try a public housing agency? We have extensive information on there here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... siana.html