Outrageous utility bills

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
aaronfeduk

Outrageous utility bills

Post by aaronfeduk »

I feel like I'm being taken in circles and getting nowhere until I noticed there is a contact address at the bottom of the help site.

I have outrageous utility bills that are impossible for me to pay even though FAP ? FIP ? Already helped out with the amount they are allowed to help per year - , I still owe 500 to one utility company and 800 to another. The utilities skyrocketed this winter and being on SSI with no work history and having no child support help - I just can't make ends meet EVER. I feel so helpless at times. And I'm constantly worried about how I will pay for this or that. The Food Stamps we get don't pay for necessities and by the time those are paid for and other outstanding bills - there is not enough to go around.

I have been thinking of calling the Salvation Army as they did help me last year with ConsumersEnergy but iill they, can they, help 2 years in a row?

Please , if you can, send me any information that I can use to get these utility bills caught up.

I have also a 1000.00 vet bill that I'd really love help on - that is eating me alive..........
And a court payment that I pay 15.00 a month on that will take 8 yrs to pay off
And 2 other bills that I have just stopped paying on completely because I couldnt pay them.

If there is help out there that I'm not seeing . I'd so appreciate being shown where to go..

I am a Tuscola County, Michigan resident.
I receive SSI which is 671.00 ( I think now - direct deposited ) per month and 328.00 food stamps.
I have a 22 yr old and 16 yr old son living with me at the time.
Rent is 300.00 per month.

Do you think there is any other help out there to make the stress less stressful ?

I am disabled and housebound with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. I can't work. I so wish I could.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. I also have a question about the LIHEAP ? Since DHS paid the amount they can this year , am I eligible for LIHEAP or is that where DHS got their funds to help me when they helped?

Stressing to the max because I have two utility bills with soon to be shut off notices if not already shut off notices.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Outrageous utility bills Michigan

Post by Admin »

Here are some programs in Michigan to give you utility and heating bill help. The Michigan State Emergency Relief (SER) and the Home Heating Bill Credit are the best ways.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
McDaniels

Re: Outrageous utility bills

Post by McDaniels »

I am 60, divorced female homeowner. Unemployed since 3/31/14. I cannot afford to pay for the high oil bills for winter heating. I now I owe $740 from last winters deliveries due by 9/2015. I try to do a budget but still cannot afford the heating oil payments while unemployed. Please can you offer temporary assistance until I am able to find a job. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Outrageous utility bills

Post by Admin »

You can try the Citgo free heating oil program. It tends to help the very low income, and being unemployed may qualify you. It won't take care of the $740 you owe from last year, but maybe you can get 100 or so gallons for the upcoming winter heating season. Continue with and read more free heating oil programs.