Weatherization list

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
BrevardKing
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Weatherization list

Post by BrevardKing »

facing a troublesome financial situation in NY. We are having trouble paying our electric bill and it is getting out of control. Current balance is around $1400. Just recently moved into house last year and just got our name put on a weatherization list but I am afraid of what next winter will bring. Oswego county NY. Thanks. Also we have qualified for heap and have just been re-certified for food stamps.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Weatherization list

Post by Admin »

Weatherization is offered in Oswego County NY. That won't help with your immediate bill though, but can help you save money in the future. Find a listing of utility assistance in Oswego, as well as the weatherization you asked about. Try calling the Oswego County Department of Social Services, which runs Home Energy and Heating Bill Assistance as the local Weatherization program. Dial 315-963-5000.

BrevardKing wrote:facing a troublesome financial situation in NY. We are having trouble paying our electric bill and it is getting out of control. Current balance is around $1400. Just recently moved into house last year and just got our name put on a weatherization list but I am afraid of what next winter will bring. Oswego county NY. Thanks. Also we have qualified for heap and have just been re-certified for food stamps.
LlyodsLond

Post by LlyodsLond »

Dear Sirs:
My mother in Fulton County AR, at Glencoe. We have been trying now for over a year to find information on Home weatherization. She lives is a home that was remolded in 1968. It has the original windows which aren't insulated. Is in need of doors and windows. the heating and cooling system has been upgrade by NAEC. She lives in a very limited income. She has called the NADC offfice in Batesville a few times but never really got any answers, just that her name would be put on a list.
Please is you could give us any help or information at all it would be greatly appreciated. Give my mom a call or you may contact me. Thank you in advance for all of your assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Usually older homes like that can qualify for free weatherization and energy saving programs. Especially if no existing insulation or other potential hot spots or troubles like that. And most places do have a waiting list, so nothing more to do. However find other places to call for assistance in Fulton Arkansas with weatherization and other forms of energy bill assistance and advice. For example call the Melbourne Ministerial Alliance at (870) 368-4438 for support too.

LlyodsLond wrote:Dear Sirs:
My mother in Fulton County AR, at Glencoe. We have been trying now for over a year to find information on Home weatherization. She lives is a home that was remolded in 1968. It has the original windows which aren't insulated. Is in need of doors and windows. the heating and cooling system has been upgrade by NAEC. She lives in a very limited income. She has called the NADC offfice in Batesville a few times but never really got any answers, just that her name would be put on a list.
Please is you could give us any help or information at all it would be greatly appreciated. Give my mom a call or you may contact me. Thank you in advance for all of your assistance.
Instant

Post by Instant »

I am in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia and my mom is in centre county. We r both in need of assistance for our roofs mine is leaking in my bedroom and porch roof needs repairs due to neighbors gutter or down spout constantly gushing water onto wood. My mother has bricks from chimney that fell, she purchased the brick but is in need of a roof and for these bricks to be replaced. Recent weather has made things bad. Could you please help find the needed numbers for us. My mom is trying to do these thing alone since we have loss dad and my husband and i are handicapped and can not work, both his and mom's ssd checks barely pays the bills. Thank you very much for your caring.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, weatherization in Philadelphia may be your best bet for a leaking roof or those types of repairs you need. Most weatherization programs are run by community action agencies, and the listing of agencies for you to call are listed here for Philadelphia programs and resources. Non-profits that run weatherization include an agency known as Community Services which can be reached at 215-685-3600. Programs can focus on the handicapped too.
Instant wrote:I am in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia and my mom is in centre county. We r both in need of assistance for our roofs mine is leaking in my bedroom and porch roof needs repairs due to neighbors gutter or down spout constantly gushing water onto wood. My mother has bricks from chimney that fell, she purchased the brick but is in need of a roof and for these bricks to be replaced. Recent weather has made things bad. Could you please help find the needed numbers for us. My mom is trying to do these thing alone since we have loss dad and my husband and i are handicapped and can not work, both his and mom's ssd checks barely pays the bills. Thank you very much for your caring.
jbeers1

Post by jbeers1 »

My family electric and heating bill is so high every month, especially in the winter. We need to conserve and need details on weatherization options and services. We always find ourselves behind and we also will continue to get shut off and disconnection notices every couple months. We just can't afford to pay our energy and heating bills and need to conserve energy. We did get shut off once last year from our utility company in New York and we had to stat a new billing account so that we could get the service turned back on. We have 3 kids, 2 adults living in a 3 bedroom, 2 story apartment. The building is about 15 years old and not efficiency. So it does not have up to date weatherizing and such and it leaks out heat. We need help to save on power, info on weatherization programs and help our kids to be conscience of saving power.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While you can apply for weatherization, you need to meet income limits and there is usually a waiting list. It can take a couple years or so. Only a certain number of homeowners can receive assistance every year due to funding limitations. With that being said, all of the energy updates are made for free, so you can get caulking, insulation, and much more for your home. So weatherization should at least be explored, as you indicated. Here is the information you requested. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
AsianGirl

Post by AsianGirl »

I like more info on your weatherization program. Me and my ex husband built my house in 2001.... well I should say we rebuilt it. I know that the windows leak and some other thing need to be done but I can not afford it on my own to have it done. I have my grand kids living with me and there mom she don't work.
I am starting my life over. My boy friend is only working 2 or three days right now. I am working all week long and I have been at my job for almost 19 years but I still do not make enough to get thing done and keep up with my bills to. I say I own my home but I do pay my house payment. I am getting to get help with my gas bill but I seen your web page and was reading it. I don't like to ask for help but I seen this and I thought I would check in to it but I don't know if I can afford to have anything done or not. If I have to pay on it but I would like to see what you have to say or found out how this works.