Housing needed for family

Find how to get help with rent
Rentassistanceneeded
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Housing needed for family

Post by Rentassistanceneeded »

I have a cousin that had to stay with me and cant find a job. She needs housing for her daughter and herself.Her daughter is having a baby in October and they desperately need housing. She cant find a job and her daughter has a part time job. My cousin gets unemployment but needs housing. Who in Lynchburg va or the surrounding counties can help her? We have been everywhere. They have a 2 yr waiting list
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Housing needed for family

Post by Admin »

We do not have a listing for Lynchburg Virginia, but as you said maybe the surrounding counties have programs for you. An extensive listing of assistance in Virginia can be found here. Scroll midway down and pick a nearby county, town, or city near Lynchburg Virginia. Maybe programs do focus aid first on people with children, so you and daughter may be first in line.
Rentassistanceneeded wrote:I have a cousin that had to stay with me and cant find a job. She needs housing for her daughter and herself.Her daughter is having a baby in October and they desperately need housing. She cant find a job and her daughter has a part time job. My cousin gets unemployment but needs housing. Who in Lynchburg va or the surrounding counties can help her? We have been everywhere. They have a 2 yr waiting list
JimmyIven

Post by JimmyIven »

I'm trying to get my own apartment or some type of housing in Houston, and just moved here but am finding a hard time finding a job (lots of interviews though) and should have one soon, but am being kicked out by my brother and family in Dallas, and have no where else to go. I would like help with at least the security deposit and the first months rent, i'm looking into a waitress job to pay for my own rent, but in the meantime don't have anything.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many agencies do exist in Harris County and Houston Texas for deposits and rent. Just a couple of the housing programs are run by Cypress Assistance Ministries (281) 955-7684 as well as Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Harris County (713) 741-8234, which is really made up of local Houston Texas churches and religious groups.
JimmyIven wrote:I'm trying to get my own apartment or some type of housing in Houston, and just moved here but am finding a hard time finding a job (lots of interviews though) and should have one soon, but am being kicked out by my brother and family in Dallas, and have no where else to go. I would like help with at least the security deposit and the first months rent, i'm looking into a waitress job to pay for my own rent, but in the meantime don't have anything.
1Liza2

Post by 1Liza2 »

Have a 19 month old son. As of right now have no income whatsoever. We had enough money set back to pay for 1 months worth of bills in order to find a job, but now in just 2 weeks our bills will start being due and we have no income to pay for them since we haven't found a job yet even though we are actively searching and do not certify for TANF or cash assistance. We will lose our home if we can't pay for all of our next months bills and need a new place. Living with in laws baby due in December, and we have one room for the three of us. I have been out of work for the past two months due to surgery, and am just now returning to work, looking for programs that can help us get into an apartment or a rental property of some sort. We would need help coming up with the deposit and first months rent. Is their anything out their that can help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have no income how could you not qualify for TANF or other government aid? Are you on unemployment at least?
Good that living with family and inlaws, as do that to get some and save some money. As far as finding a place of your own, if really want to do that, find more rent assistance here, at this resource.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
1Liza2 wrote:Have a 19 month old son. As of right now have no income whatsoever. We had enough money set back to pay for 1 months worth of bills in order to find a job, but now in just 2 weeks our bills will start being due and we have no income to pay for them since we haven't found a job yet even though we are actively searching and do not certify for TANF or cash assistance. We will lose our home if we can't pay for all of our next months bills and need a new place. Living with in laws baby due in December, and we have one room for the three of us. I have been out of work for the past two months due to surgery, and am just now returning to work, looking for programs that can help us get into an apartment or a rental property of some sort. We would need help coming up with the deposit and first months rent. Is their anything out their that can help.
Local Mary

Post by Local Mary »

We have been served a warrant of removal. Prior to that we tried getting help from social services. They said they could help because our son receives SSI. But because our rental has never been inspected and doesn't have a stove and a few other problems we would get turned down. We didn't fill an application out because of this. Should we go back and fill one out for housing to prove that we tried getting help? Is there anything else we can do? We have 4 children one with down syndrome. We have no money or place to go. The eviction is right before July 4th.
Philly Serty

Post by Philly Serty »

We need help with rental assistance. My husband works as a concrete laborer, we are paid weekly and I, Myself own my own cleaning business however this month outstanding bills took the majority of our check. Our need is 900.00 and we are able to show proof of our need. thank you in advance and it is our prayer that you are able to help. thanks again,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try the community action board in Los Angeles. This may be one option, as they support low income families with a job, and since your husband is a laborer, the non-profit may be an option for rental help and other housing assistance. Bring that proof as well that you are referring too, as that will help your cause, and find more information on the Los Angeles Community Board.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

I am currently married with a 1 year old son. Recently my husband put me and my son out after attempting to physically abuse me for confronting him for cheating. I've recently filed for divorce, but I and my son are still currently homeless. I am employed, but I won't have a full check until September because of medical reasons I missed a week of work. So I do not have the money to pay for a deposit of first month’s rent to get a place for me and my son to stay. I just need one time assistance to get adequate housing for me and my son. I will be able to continue paying my bills on my own after that. Is there any program or assistance that can help me with this emergency so I won't have to live out of my car with my son?
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Hello, I'm just in a possession of trying to obtain housing for my family, rent assistance because I have no money, but I am a future college student for the beginning of 2016 year and I just received a seasonal position. I was just interested in receiving information on what I qualify for, what should I be looking into as far as assistance as well. Please contact me back at this email. Thank you.