Foreclosure prevention counseling

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
Arel1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Foreclosure prevention counseling

Post by Arel1 »

I am writing you because I need help. As you know the economy has flatlined. My husband is out of work and his Unemployment is pending do to a situation from his previous employer. I have 3 herniated disc in my back and other health problems. I have not been able to get work cause I'm consider a health risk. I can't collect disability they say I'm not qualified. I have had every excuse from my car is worth to much to I'm not blind or going to die in a month.We have not had any money, steady money, in the house since 10/29/2010. My husband during the holidays pickup part time work at UPS but that was only enough to pay an electric bill and keep gas in the car.We are behind in our Mortgage 3 month they just sent us a letter of intent to foreclose . How can we prevent this? My telephone is 2 months behind, My electric will be behind the end of this month.We are just asking for a hand up and hope that the economy will turn around. My husband is a Heavy Equipment Operator for over 27 years. He has about 140 application and resumes out and still putting more out.He has applied for any and every kind of job available. So if there is anything that you can do for us it would be so much more then appreciated.Here is our address and Phone number just in case you may need it.
Bedford, Va.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Foreclosure prevention counseling

Post by Admin »

The economy is very difficult right now. but it seems to be getting better, but it is slow. Why is unemployment pending? Maybe speak to an attorney for legal support with that. As far as your mortgage and foreclosure prevention and intervention go, here are some options and programs for you. There is the Virginia hardest hit fund, as well as numerous HUD non-profit and foreclosure counseling agencies in Virginia. You can find a listing of all your options and resources at this link.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/vir ... d_for.html
Arel1 wrote:I am writing you because I need help. As you know the economy has flatlined. My husband is out of work and his Unemployment is pending do to a situation from his previous employer. I have 3 herniated disc in my back and other health problems. I have not been able to get work cause I'm consider a health risk. I can't collect disability they say I'm not qualified. I have had every excuse from my car is worth to much to I'm not blind or going to die in a month.We have not had any money, steady money, in the house since 10/29/2010. My husband during the holidays pickup part time work at UPS but that was only enough to pay an electric bill and keep gas in the car.We are behind in our Mortgage 3 month they just sent us a letter of intent to foreclose . How can we prevent this? My telephone is 2 months behind, My electric will be behind the end of this month.We are just asking for a hand up and hope that the economy will turn around. My husband is a Heavy Equipment Operator for over 27 years. He has about 140 application and resumes out and still putting more out.He has applied for any and every kind of job available. So if there is anything that you can do for us it would be so much more then appreciated.Here is our address and Phone number just in case you may need it.
Bedford, Va.
MBJ

Post by MBJ »

Please i need help to relocate because of foreclosure for my self and family before we become homeless. I live with my nephew(just completed intense rehab) trying to help him,myself and my sister to get on our feet my sister and i came here to help try to save his home but it is too late the home will go to auctiuon on july 19 we need assistance to find a place to live at that time i have disability case pending,my sister is on unemployment and my nephew just got back to work p/t he has been dealing with drug court and rehab for about a year now we are trying very hard to get back on track but we do not have the funds for first last sec and we will be out on the street i know that once we find some place the 3 of us can pay the bills on a monthly basis we all are hard workers and will stick together ...just need some help it costs a lot to move and we dont want him to lose any more than he already has he is doing well in his recovery and sure dont want the house situation to put the pressure on so much that he relapses if you can plse help thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So did you already lose your Michigan home to foreclosure, and just need help relocating? Or are you still in the process. I think either way you may want to speak to a HUD approve foreclosure counseling agency. They often offer free or low cost debt and foreclosure counseling, and extensive information on foreclosure prevention programs. Both those in Michigan as well as nation mortgage programs. Find Michigan free foreclosure counseling HUD agencies and non-profits. As mentioned they also provide other services besides mortgage help. Such as debt reduction, credit counseling, and more.
MBJ wrote:Please i need help to relocate because of foreclosure for my self and family before we become homeless. I live with my nephew(just completed intense rehab) trying to help him,myself and my sister to get on our feet my sister and i came here to help try to save his home but it is too late the home will go to auctiuon on july 19 we need assistance to find a place to live at that time i have disability case pending,my sister is on unemployment and my nephew just got back to work p/t he has been dealing with drug court and rehab for about a year now we are trying very hard to get back on track but we do not have the funds for first last sec and we will be out on the street i know that once we find some place the 3 of us can pay the bills on a monthly basis we all are hard workers and will stick together ...just need some help it costs a lot to move and we dont want him to lose any more than he already has he is doing well in his recovery and sure dont want the house situation to put the pressure on so much that he relapses if you can plse help thank you
Lamgley

Post by Lamgley »

I am a Vietnam Era Veteran. I joined the United States Army in 1984. I was 18. As a result, I have been fighting depression and anxiety for over 20 years. I have been facing economic problems since I was discharged. I am fighting now to keep USDA Rural Housing from foreclosing on and selling my home. A sale of my home was scheduled for May of this year, but I filed Chapter 13 without a lawyer and after I got foreclosure prevention because I could not afford a lawyer. Now, there is an objection to my plan and this bankruptcy will be discharged because I do not have the expertise to fix the problems that lead to the objection. For several years I ran a home daycare service. I could only care for about 12 children. It was rewarding to me and the community. It was the first daycare service in my small town to focus on the whole child: fun, nutrition, culture, education. My children left my center prepared to learn. In 2008 I ran for city council of my hometown and won. The position required lots of travel. Before my son graduated from high school he would accompany me on all of my trips. When he graduated my sister, Nancy, would travel with me. . I hated hotels. I was afraid of being snatched into one of the rooms. If the bathroom locked from the inside I would look for another one or take someone with me. In 20011 I resigned from the board. I have been unemployed since 2008. So, they have little to no proof when filing a claim with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Our benefits are often denied. Some will lose everything waiting for a fair hearing or counseling, a wait that too often ends in suicide. In a few weeks I am sure USDA Rural Housing will foreclose on and sell my home, leaving me homeless. I have been back in contact with Veterans Affairs, but this country is not kind to its veterans and I don't expect them to do anything in time to save my home. I owe USDA Rural Housing less than $50,000.00 but they will not hesitate to sell my house at an county auction for way less than that. I read about your program on the internet. Your organization is my only hope. I know you hear this all the time and I know you are overwhelmed with requests, but I have no where else to turn.On your website there was information about working from home I would like information on this too. My claim for veterans benefits is on someone's desk and will probably be denied anyway. I don't know whose desk this e-mail will land on, but I hope it will be someone who is caring and sensitive enough to try and help me. Thanks for reading this
Merkey

Post by Merkey »

Bought own home in January and I lost my job in march. Unemployment was denied and now I've finally ran out of all the money I had saved. My fiance hasn't started his job yet. I've been under a lot of stress and we've decided that it isn't a good idea that I go back to work yet. We need help to pay. Any suggestions?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Veterans and military personnel have options available to them from the federal government. Even Vietnam Veterans too. A payment of less than $50,000 owed to USDA Rural Housing does not sound like a huge amount to me, and maybe you can negotiate something. Look into the Military homeowners assistance program, which can provide free foreclosure assistance and even possibly federal government reimbursements to qualified veterans and active duty personnel. Dial 800-861-8144
Lamgley wrote:I am a Vietnam Era Veteran. I joined the United States Army in 1984. I was 18. As a result, I have been fighting depression and anxiety for over 20 years. I have been facing economic problems since I was discharged. I am fighting now to keep USDA Rural Housing from foreclosing on and selling my home. A sale of my home was scheduled for May of this year, but I filed Chapter 13 without a lawyer and after I got foreclosure prevention because I could not afford a lawyer. Now, there is an objection to my plan and this bankruptcy will be discharged because I do not have the expertise to fix the problems that lead to the objection. For several years I ran a home daycare service. I could only care for about 12 children. It was rewarding to me and the community. It was the first daycare service in my small town to focus on the whole child: fun, nutrition, culture, education. My children left my center prepared to learn. In 2008 I ran for city council of my hometown and won. The position required lots of travel. Before my son graduated from high school he would accompany me on all of my trips. When he graduated my sister, Nancy, would travel with me. . I hated hotels. I was afraid of being snatched into one of the rooms. If the bathroom locked from the inside I would look for another one or take someone with me. In 20011 I resigned from the board. I have been unemployed since 2008. So, they have little to no proof when filing a claim with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Our benefits are often denied. Some will lose everything waiting for a fair hearing or counseling, a wait that too often ends in suicide. In a few weeks I am sure USDA Rural Housing will foreclose on and sell my home, leaving me homeless. I have been back in contact with Veterans Affairs, but this country is not kind to its veterans and I don't expect them to do anything in time to save my home. I owe USDA Rural Housing less than $50,000.00 but they will not hesitate to sell my house at an county auction for way less than that. I read about your program on the internet. Your organization is my only hope. I know you hear this all the time and I know you are overwhelmed with requests, but I have no where else to turn.On your website there was information about working from home I would like information on this too. My claim for veterans benefits is on someone's desk and will probably be denied anyway. I don't know whose desk this e-mail will land on, but I hope it will be someone who is caring and sensitive enough to try and help me. Thanks for reading this
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many banks and lenders offer principal reduction, so basically they will reduce the amount of your home loan. Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Citigroup provide this, among others. Even the federal government supports mortgage principal reduction. Read more and find details on each program and who to call for principal reduction.
Merkey wrote:Bought own home in January and I lost my job in march. Unemployment was denied and now I've finally ran out of all the money I had saved. My fiance hasn't started his job yet. I've been under a lot of stress and we've decided that it isn't a good idea that I go back to work yet. We need help to pay. Any suggestions?
Dominic

Post by Dominic »

My parents about to loose their home. The mortgage is under my uncle name paying the bank. I love my parents they not gona have enough $ to pay rent cant afford really nowhere 2 live cuz my older brother n wife 2kids decided 2move out. I come from a family of 10 5 bro. N 5 sister my parents never raise us wrong but it seems we all mess up our life n its too late n so hard to get back on our feet to realize i cant even help my parents im a single mother wit 7 kids but only 3wit me no car no support live wit inlaw any day who nos when they butt me out. If i can i wish i would of done sumthing better n my life..excuse my writting really got no one to let it out to...please need sum kind of help programs thats out there to help my parents not foreclosure and not loose their home they both on ssi..email me back thank you...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that you are on the looking out for your parents. It sounds like they are struggling, so maybe they should speak to a foreclosure counselor. The information on free foreclosure assistance and mortgage help can be found here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... oreclosure
We recommend HUD certified counselors. We have details by state.
Dominic wrote:My parents about to loose their home. The mortgage is under my uncle name paying the bank. I love my parents they not gona have enough $ to pay rent cant afford really nowhere 2 live cuz my older brother n wife 2kids decided 2move out. I come from a family of 10 5 bro. N 5 sister my parents never raise us wrong but it seems we all mess up our life n its too late n so hard to get back on our feet to realize i cant even help my parents im a single mother wit 7 kids but only 3wit me no car no support live wit inlaw any day who nos when they butt me out. If i can i wish i would of done sumthing better n my life..excuse my writting really got no one to let it out to...please need sum kind of help programs thats out there to help my parents not foreclosure and not loose their home they both on ssi..email me back thank you...
Maximus12

Post by Maximus12 »

To Whom it May Concern,
I'm contacting agencies that may be able to help us. We are low income and have no medical insurance and we are at risk of foreclosure at present. We have been battling black mold in our bedroom closet. It was an add-on and we had a leak at one point. We have replaced the ceiling once and bleached and cleaned many times but the mold is tenacious. All this over about 3 yrs. has begun to take it's toll on my health. I suffer from migraines and now since late Sept. I have lost my voice. I believe this is all due to continued exposure to toxic mold. Is there anyone or any agency that can help us safely remove this ceiling? I'm feeling quite desperate. Any help or information would be much appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Focus on the foreclosure over the mold. If you lose your home to foreclosure doesn't matter if there is mod in the closet or not. While good you were contacting agencies, also try some HUD foreclosure counseling agencies if haven't done so yet. A listing of HUD agencies by state is here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hud ... _help.html
Must of them offer free advise and support for income qualified people. Learn about government mortgage programs, loan modifications, and other options.
Maximus12 wrote:To Whom it May Concern,
I'm contacting agencies that may be able to help us. We are low income and have no medical insurance and we are at risk of foreclosure at present. We have been battling black mold in our bedroom closet. It was an add-on and we had a leak at one point. We have replaced the ceiling once and bleached and cleaned many times but the mold is tenacious. All this over about 3 yrs. has begun to take it's toll on my health. I suffer from migraines and now since late Sept. I have lost my voice. I believe this is all due to continued exposure to toxic mold. Is there anyone or any agency that can help us safely remove this ceiling? I'm feeling quite desperate. Any help or information would be much appreciated.
Verbal12

Post by Verbal12 »

Housing assistance for myself and five children. My husband left us and he is addicted to drugs. We are losing our home to foreclosure. We are currently without oil. Which means, no heat or hot water. My husband wants no part of helping support our children. I have searched everywhere for help moving somewhere affordable. But I have been told there is no help for me and my children. I am scared, cold and need a shower. It breaks my heart how a man can chose drugs over innocent children. And I am helpless because of his selfish decisions. Can you please provide me with some guidance. Please. Thank you.
ColdP

Post by ColdP »

Hello,
I am bedridden and disabled and my husband and I had to walk away from our home of 10 years in Arlington, TX because we were facing foreclosure and relocated here on Christmas Eve 2017. We moved here to be close to my husband's family.
My husband lost his job of 15 years with Target on 1/6/2018 and we have been struggling to live on my disability $1751 / month.
We managed to pay our first month’s mortgage here $868 but this month after buying some of our groceries (almost no meat) and paying for the copays for my prescriptions and doctor visits we find ourselves $350 short on rent due 2/1, plus we received our electricity bill from Reliant with a cutoff date of 2/6 and almost $300 which includes the end bill on the vacated house and the first month here.
We need help and are not sure where else to turn for this foreclosure counseling. I am oxygen dependent and have COPD, Congestive Heart Failure, and Chronic Pain so my husband has to do everything for me. We are just starting to get home health set up for me which will help but it won't if we don't have a roof over our heads or electricity to run the oxygen concentration machine.
Juker

Post by Juker »

Hello
My husband and I have received an ACT 91 notice from our mortgage lender Seterus.
We are interested in setting up counseling to avoid foreclosure and to discuss any other options/programs that may be available to us.
We have applied for a loan modification through Seterus and have received a notice that our application is in review process but in the meantime they suggest we also seek credit counseling.
Community Action Commission of Capital
Region was on the list they sent to us of approved HUD agencies.
We are in Cumberland County PA
I can be reached by phone and my husband Brian can be reached by phone.