Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
mandace87
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

H2O Help to Others Program - American Water

Post by mandace87 »

H2O Help to Others Program - American Water
How would I contact them?
My water has been cut off for almost a week now, I don't know what else to do. I'm unemployed and I also have Multiple Sclerosis...not on disability or anything (because I'm not disabled). If they can't help my does anybody else have any ideas? My bill is I believe $308 and I got a letter in the mail saying if it isn't paid in 10 days they will disconnect the meter and charge $150 to reconnect...ugh. :(
Thanks for any help!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: H2O Help to Others Program - American Water

Post by Admin »

The programs is more of a generic name of a water bill assistance program that is offered by many utility and water companies across the US. What county/state do you live in and who is your water company. We should be able to dig up the phone numbers. Here is some more generic information on water bill assistance programs for people who need help or are faced with a disconnection. How is the water bill so high?

mandace87 wrote:H2O Help to Others Program - American Water
How would I contact them?
My water has been cut off for almost a week now, I don't know what else to do. I'm unemployed and I also have Multiple Sclerosis...not on disability or anything (because I'm not disabled). If they can't help my does anybody else have any ideas? My bill is I believe $308 and I got a letter in the mail saying if it isn't paid in 10 days they will disconnect the meter and charge $150 to reconnect...ugh. :(
Thanks for any help!
mandace87

Post by mandace87 »

Hi, thanks for your response!
I go through City of Cocoa Utilities - I live in Brevard County, Florida.
I lost my job in January, so I haven't been paying much towards the water since February, unfortunately. I logged onto the City of Cocoa website, it said my past due balance was $125 and the full was the $300 something. So, I managed to sell $125 worth of my stuff on ebay and paid that much towards the bill this morning. I called them to see if they could get it turned on and apparently I still owe another $60 before they can. I'm not sure why that didn't show up on their site...Oh well. They definitely weren't very helpful. They refused to waive the $50 shut-off fee, although I've been in good standing for the past 3 years. It's crazy how some companies work.
Anyway, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are welcome. Here is an extensive listing of Brevard County financial assistance programs, non-profits, and charities. Call some of these agencies. Ask for help, or if they can't provide you help, they can more than likely refer you to someone or some agency that can assist you.
mandace87 wrote:Hi, thanks for your response!
I go through City of Cocoa Utilities - I live in Brevard County, Florida.
I lost my job in January, so I haven't been paying much towards the water since February, unfortunately. I logged onto the City of Cocoa website, it said my past due balance was $125 and the full was the $300 something. So, I managed to sell $125 worth of my stuff on ebay and paid that much towards the bill this morning. I called them to see if they could get it turned on and apparently I still owe another $60 before they can. I'm not sure why that didn't show up on their site...Oh well. They definitely weren't very helpful. They refused to waive the $50 shut-off fee, although I've been in good standing for the past 3 years. It's crazy how some companies work.
Anyway, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!!
Chavez1

Post by Chavez1 »

Hello. I'm trying to receive help with paying my water works bill. I am unemployed, filled for disability and have no income. I have worked all my life and have fallen on hard times. It's very hard to ask for help but my 11 month old granddaughter comes first. Please if any assistance can be given I greatly would appreciate it.
gracie

Post by gracie »

I am a single mom with 3 children. I am on section 8 and I am on low-income. The only income that I received is child support fore my son and my daughter. I need help with my water bill. My water has been off for 2 months and I've tried everything to try and get it back on I need help there's no help here. I don't want to lose my housing, this is all I have for me and my kids. I struggle just to keep the gas and power on. Is there any help out there for me, such as this H2O?
Brees

Post by Brees »

Hi, I'm in serious need of assistance. My home water service was shut off with never any notice until after it was turned off. Its been going on over two weeks, they claim they sent notice but any other instances I always got them and handled situation so they are not being truthful.
In addition it is for a rental property I had owned over two years ago that I sold where I had called the water department to transfer service and they kept service on at the address for over two months! Now they would like to add $986 to my current residence where my bills are paid monthly. I am not claiming to always be on time but always paid! My job closed in September and I am currently receiving 530 a month in unemployment. I cannot in any shape or form pay $986 to turn back on my water and I have three children 16, 8 and 6 as well as my 7 month old grandson!
I have called consumer advocates in Harrisburg. I contacted PUC for H2O Help to Others and both resources stated to me it could be weeks till I hear if they can help! I need water for my home. We are living like cave people and its inhuman and unfair. We spent and are spending our holidays like this! Can you please point me in some direction. I am really in need of some help but have never been in this position so I'm not sure what I can do or where to go!
Thank you so much.