Need an apartment

Find how to get help with rent
Puebloa
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need an apartment

Post by Puebloa »

I'm a retired disabled veteran (non-service connected) 67 years old last September, whose marriage is breaking up, and I need to find housing quickly. My income is $2095.60 monthly income before taxes. I would like to find a ground level 1 bedroom apartment somewhere in the general Eastgate / Mt Orab area. Can you help? Respectfully
Johnston

Re: Need an apartment

Post by Johnston »

I am currently in a situation that I need some help. I am trying to move out of my current residence before I am put out on the street. I currently live with my parent, and my 4 yr old daughter and I need to get out. We are no longer able to feel safe and secure here. I am 24, I have a job but it will be ending as of June 10th, 2011, and I have yet to find another job. I have several apps in at some local apartments and have had some call backs but I'm not able to go through with htem because I don't have the means to move in. I have a meeting tomorrow with an apartment manager and I really like the units there and wouldn't mind living there but I need some help/direction on what resources would be available to my daughter and I in order to get out on our own and be stable enough to maintain that.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

So you are in the Springfield Missouri area. Use the resource for a bunch of housing and rental programs that can help you get into a new apartment. Try the following, including the Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation. Phone 417.862.4314 They run a housing and rent program, that can help pay security deposits and provide counseling and advice to getting back on your feet.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/gre ... rogr2.html
Johnston wrote:I am currently in a situation that I need some help. I am trying to move out of my current residence before I am put out on the street. I currently live with my parent, and my 4 yr old daughter and I need to get out. We are no longer able to feel safe and secure here. I am 24, I have a job but it will be ending as of June 10th, 2011, and I have yet to find another job. I have several apps in at some local apartments and have had some call backs but I'm not able to go through with htem because I don't have the means to move in. I have a meeting tomorrow with an apartment manager and I really like the units there and wouldn't mind living there but I need some help/direction on what resources would be available to my daughter and I in order to get out on our own and be stable enough to maintain that.
TiciaPeck

Post by TiciaPeck »

I have a student who has lived in a motel with his mother for the last three years. There was a fire in their last apartment and they have been stuck in their current living situation. The mom works and she is open to help. Are there programs to help them get into an apt? They're currently living in Garden Grove. The student has become very depressed. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that in Californian, the Monterey area? If so, here is information on rent and housing assistance programs in that area of CA.
No student should live in a motel. They need to find more permanent housing.
Here are the Montery assistance programs for the low income and needy.
I think the leading place you want to call is Housing Advocacy Council at (831) 424-9186. They offer counseling, security deposits, first months rent, and help for people (including students) who can't afford housing.

TiciaPeck wrote:I have a student who has lived in a motel with his mother for the last three years. There was a fire in their last apartment and they have been stuck in their current living situation. The mom works and she is open to help. Are there programs to help them get into an apt? They're currently living in Garden Grove. The student has become very depressed. Thanks.
Odilla

Post by Odilla »

i been living with my family since june 29 2010 i been needing a apartment of my own i live in athens georgia clarke county i need help with rent deposit fee and first months rent i can afford a apartment in the monthly price range of 300 to 425 hundred dollar monthly the cause of me living with my my family due to a storm damage to the moible home trailer i rented for 3 years the big tree that sit in the backyard of that trailer got strike by lighting in a big part of that big tree fell into the trailer that trailer was demolished
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Call any of these places for first months rent or funds for paying security deposits. There are several places and non-profits to call for Clarke County rent assistance. Some examples include the following Action Inc. at (706) 546-8293 as well as maybe try a church like Ebenezer Baptist Church. They may be able to refer you to some local non-profits or other locations/programs.
Odilla wrote:i been living with my family since june 29 2010 i been needing a apartment of my own i live in athens georgia clarke county i need help with rent deposit fee and first months rent i can afford a apartment in the monthly price range of 300 to 425 hundred dollar monthly the cause of me living with my my family due to a storm damage to the moible home trailer i rented for 3 years the big tree that sit in the backyard of that trailer got strike by lighting in a big part of that big tree fell into the trailer that trailer was demolished
JennyMay12

Post by JennyMay12 »

I have a family of 5, myself, husband, and 3 children. we are currently homeless. we lost all of our household items including beds, toys ect. we have our car full of our clothes. we need assistance with first months rent and deposit of a house or an apartment. my husband is working and also applying for a second job but was out of work for a month so we currently have no money. with his last paycheck we were able to get our inspection and insurance for our car but the registration is going to expire as of 7-1. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

First months rent and deposits do exist. Not sure what you can do about car registration and furniture needs you have. I think just start by calling some of the agencies in Seattle and Kink County Washing for help. Click here for a listing of the places to call in the King County region for help. A couple good ones include (206) 523-7060 as well as Neighborhood House Helpline which can provide short term cash. Call (206) 767 - 7124.
JennyMay12 wrote:I have a family of 5, myself, husband, and 3 children. we are currently homeless. we lost all of our household items including beds, toys ect. we have our car full of our clothes. we need assistance with first months rent and deposit of a house or an apartment. my husband is working and also applying for a second job but was out of work for a month so we currently have no money. with his last paycheck we were able to get our inspection and insurance for our car but the registration is going to expire as of 7-1. any assistance would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Rachdewer

Post by Rachdewer »

I am a 54 yr.old handicapped women who is in need of help in finding an apt. with affordable rent. I am on a fixed income an cannot afford the apts. i find because they ask for 1st.and last .I cant afford that i need something for myself an my family of 3 i no this is going to be hard but like i said i found some but the first an last is what kills me.I need at least 3bedrooms and someone else can sleep on the sofa so we can all fit.My kids try to help they buy the food or there wouldn't be any.What is making the situation worse is that i am going to be losing some my income as of next mo.I am now paying 1300 hundred for four bedrooms but i cant pay the rent so i must find something else as much as i hate to i have been here for 6yrs.If there is any way you can help i would appreciate it thank you very much .Please excuse the way this is written i dont use the computer except to play games an try to look things up so please forgive me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Why do you need four bedrooms? Each kid doesn't need a separate room. Have them maybe share space, and cut back on size of apartment and therefore rent. Sounds like you need some advice for your situation. Speak to a HUD counselor for counseling, case management, and more aid. They can advise you on disability rental assistance programs too. More on HUD rent counseling and advice and agencies to call too.
Rachdewer wrote:I am a 54 yr.old handicapped women who is in need of help in finding an apt. with affordable rent. I am on a fixed income an cannot afford the apts. i find because they ask for 1st.and last .I cant afford that i need something for myself an my family of 3 i no this is going to be hard but like i said i found some but the first an last is what kills me.I need at least 3bedrooms and someone else can sleep on the sofa so we can all fit.My kids try to help they buy the food or there wouldn't be any.What is making the situation worse is that i am going to be losing some my income as of next mo.I am now paying 1300 hundred for four bedrooms but i cant pay the rent so i must find something else as much as i hate to i have been here for 6yrs.If there is any way you can help i would appreciate it thank you very much .Please excuse the way this is written i dont use the computer except to play games an try to look things up so please forgive me.
Larrysfish

Post by Larrysfish »

HI, I JUST BECAME A SINGLE MOM AND I AM FREAKING OUT . I HAVE THREE GIRLS ONE IS 4 YEARS OLD AND THE THE LITTLE IS 5 YEARS OLD. THEIR FATHER JUST PICKED UP AND LEFT US STRANDED. HE TURNED THE APARTMENT AND NOW I HAVE TO GIVE IN MY KEYS ON THE FIRST OF NOVEMBER. I HAVE NOWHERE TO GO OR WHAT TO SAY TO MY DAUGHTERS. I HAVE VERY LOW INCOME AND I CANT AFFORD THE RENT FROM WHERE I LIVE IF I WAS TO PAY FOR IT. I WOULD LIKE HELP FINDING AN APARTMENT OR A HOUSE WHERE I CAN FEEL SECURE AND NOT WORRY OF MY DAUGHTERS GOING OUTSIDE GETTING HURT OR TAKEN. I AM VERY SCARED AND NERVOUS I AM GOING THROUGH THIS. PLEASE IF THERE IS ANY HELP I COULD RECEIVE I WILL ACCEPT, NOT FOR ME BUT FOR MY GIRLS. WE WANNA BE A HAPPY FAMILY OF THREE NOW THAT THERE DAD WALKED AWAY ON US. I AM A DISABLED PERSON I'M ONLY 31 YEARS OLD PLEASE HELP ME I THAN YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH IF I CAN GET ANY HELP FROM SOME WHERE I LIVE IN THE WORCESTER AREA.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, help finding an apartment is not usually possible. People usually need to do that themselves. Maybe section 8 can help there, but often a waiting list.
Try this for our list of Arizona financial assistance programs, some of which may help with housing needs and rent for an apartment too.
Larrysfish wrote:HI, I JUST BECAME A SINGLE MOM AND I AM FREAKING OUT . I HAVE THREE GIRLS ONE IS 4 YEARS OLD AND THE THE LITTLE IS 5 YEARS OLD. THEIR FATHER JUST PICKED UP AND LEFT US STRANDED. HE TURNED THE APARTMENT AND NOW I HAVE TO GIVE IN MY KEYS ON THE FIRST OF NOVEMBER. I HAVE NOWHERE TO GO OR WHAT TO SAY TO MY DAUGHTERS. I HAVE VERY LOW INCOME AND I CANT AFFORD THE RENT FROM WHERE I LIVE IF I WAS TO PAY FOR IT. I WOULD LIKE HELP FINDING AN APARTMENT OR A HOUSE WHERE I CAN FEEL SECURE AND NOT WORRY OF MY DAUGHTERS GOING OUTSIDE GETTING HURT OR TAKEN. I AM VERY SCARED AND NERVOUS I AM GOING THROUGH THIS. PLEASE IF THERE IS ANY HELP I COULD RECEIVE I WILL ACCEPT, NOT FOR ME BUT FOR MY GIRLS. WE WANNA BE A HAPPY FAMILY OF THREE NOW THAT THERE DAD WALKED AWAY ON US. I AM A DISABLED PERSON I'M ONLY 31 YEARS OLD PLEASE HELP ME I THAN YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH IF I CAN GET ANY HELP FROM SOME WHERE I LIVE IN THE WORCESTER AREA.
Gronk1

Post by Gronk1 »

We sold our land in Oregon to buy and RV after doing research that showed that the camper had exceptional facilities to help my husband. We loaded up all our stuff into the RV, trailer and truck and left for Wyoming. The RV, pulling the car hit a bump near the Nebraska Kansas border and the battery straps broke and they fell over. The dash caught on fire and then the whole front end. We lost our little safe with our money and prescriptions and a few other things. We loaded what we could out of it into the car, truck and trailer then kept on going. We couldn't go back because there wasn't anything to go back to. In York Pennsylvania two tires blew on the trailer, and no one in york had tires to fit it so we had to leave everything we owned in a storage spot. We made it to Casper and rented a motel room for a week and my disabled husband and I went out and both got jobs. He starts Tuesday at Target and then Cracker Barrel offered me a management position starting next week. I also will be taking another full time job at IHop. My husband went to the temp service and has worked two days to rent this room for one night. We have to be out tomorrow. St. Vincent De Paul said they could put us up in another motel for two day but after that we are on our own. I have a grandchild to worry about not just me. I’ve called every church and no one calls me back. I'm not looking for a hand out just a hand up for a new apartment here. Some one has to understand that. We both have jobs and want to succeed. Please help me. Thank you
Verlanders

Post by Verlanders »

I am 9 months pregnant and have a one year old son. I a being induced ether this coming weekend or next week. I have never asked for help but I am in desperate need for an apartment. My rent is due by March 5th which is $670. I usually have it by myself as I do work I clean houses and baby father helps but we both been out of work due to complications with my pregnancy. We have half of the rent (335) but no where to get the other half and I have been praying some one would help me. Both of our parents are passed away and we don’t have much family to run to for help. Please help me. Please I want to give birth and bring my baby girl home and not worry about being evicted.