Charity for utility bills

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
a123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Charity for utility bills

Post by a123 »

I need help with utility bills in my area, the agencies in my area are pretty much out of funds. Is there any other agencies that can assist w/ utility bills that are outside of my area like a charity? I need a listing of charities or some other options of last resort. (I am in urgent need) Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Charity for utility bills

Post by Admin »

You are in the Cleveland area. Here are agencies to call. Yes, many do run out of funds. But you just need to keep calling different places and asking for help or guidance for those utility bills of yours.
Try some places like the Cleveland Based Emerald Development and Economic Network, (216) 961-9690 offers energy, heating and financial aid.
The community action agency in the area is The Council for Economic Opportunities in Greater Cleveland, and phone number is (216) 696-9077
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cuy ... e_pro.html
a123 wrote:I need help with utility bills in my area, the agencies in my area are pretty much out of funds. Is there any other agencies that can assist w/ utility bills that are outside of my area like a charity? I need a listing of charities or some other options of last resort. (I am in urgent need) Thank you
Dannyd

Post by Dannyd »

Good Day..
I live in Flint,Michigan an would like a list of charities and organizations that assist in utility bill payments when you are facing a shut off...I have multiple myeloma {camcer} an need assistant in my utility bills as soon as possible.. I know about salvation army,g card,and would like a list of others...thank you..
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can definitely help with that list of charities and non-profit organizations. Here are Flint Michigan assistance programs. Some of the places you have called, like the Salvation Army, are fefintely the right things to do. But some other options and programs for you include the following. The Genesee Michigan County Community Action Resource Department (810) 232-2185. Catholic Outreach has limited financial support for housing and utility help as well. (810) 234-4693.
Dannyd wrote:Good Day..
I live in Flint,Michigan an would like a list of charities and organizations that assist in utility bill payments when you are facing a shut off...I have multiple myeloma {camcer} an need assistant in my utility bills as soon as possible.. I know about salvation army,g card,and would like a list of others...thank you..
Scarlett1

Post by Scarlett1 »

Hello,
I am seeking information about charities or programs available for my utilities for electricity and water. I am currently employed however because of the amount of income I do not qualify for the low income utility assistance programs in my area of Norfolk VA. I am desperately looking for one time emergency help to have my utilities reconnected. Its only me and my 4 year old daughter in the household, and due to financial problems I have recently lost my transportation. I am trying to maintain gainful employment and get us back home. I have been able to catch rides with friends and Co workers, which are also allowing us to stay with them for free until I can get my utilities back on. But with the responsibility of staying current with rent and daycare, I have not been successful. Please, I know in this economy many people are going through a similar situation to mine. If you can please steer me in the right direction for assistance for people who do not qualify for low income assistance programs, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Most charities and agencies don't help with water. But there may be some places in Virginia that help with utilities, including the Salvation Army. If you were able to regain employment then your chances for getting help would be much higher, as the Salvation Army provides so called relief and not a "hand out". We do have a page dedicated to their programs. Get more details on Salvation Army Virginia utility bill programs.