Military vet losing home

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
GabrielTh
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Military vet losing home

Post by GabrielTh »

I recently came home from a deployment where I was injured on active duty. When i returned from Iraq i required Surgery on my shoulder where I had a torn rotator cuff, torn bicep, and torn anterior and interior labrum. Which has a 6 months to a year recovery time. And my unit claims they do not have to pay for the recovery time. And because of the surgery, I am unable to work, and currently risk loosing the house to a foreclosure from the bank, since I do not have any income. Running out of funds on our electricity and water too. I dont know what to do. I have two infant children. And my family needs help and a home to live in. I dont know who to turn to. Please help us.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Military vet losing home

Post by Admin »

Have you ever heard of the Operation Homefront program for veterans and military personnel? It provide financial assistance, counseling, information on local and national charities and non-profits, and extensive amounts of help for veterans and military people. Find more information on operation homefront, including how you get can mortgage assistance and foreclosure prevention from it.

GabrielTh wrote:I recently came home from a deployment where I was injured on active duty. When i returned from Iraq i required Surgery on my shoulder where I had a torn rotator cuff, torn bicep, and torn anterior and interior labrum. Which has a 6 months to a year recovery time. And my unit claims they do not have to pay for the recovery time. And because of the surgery, I am unable to work, and currently risk loosing the house to a foreclosure from the bank, since I do not have any income. Running out of funds on our electricity and water too. I dont know what to do. I have two infant children. And my family needs help and a home to live in. I dont know who to turn to. Please help us.
Mollytift

Post by Mollytift »

I have my daughter and myself, and I have no income and have run out of unemployment. I worked for five years for a contract on a military base, now since i have lost my job, i have lost my home , my vehicle is not legal, i have fines to pay because of no insurance. I could really use some assistance as to where to even begin.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So to clarify the home has been lost, or do you still need mortgage payment help. the state of Pennsylvania has numerous foreclosure and mortgage assistance programs, including options such as Affordable Loan Program (REAL) and the Homeowners' Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (HEMAP), both of which are highly respected. Find the complete listing of Pennsylvania mortgage assistance programs and services. Call a HUD approved agency in PA too.
Mollytift wrote:I have my daughter and myself, and I have no income and have run out of unemployment. I worked for five years for a contract on a military base, now since i have lost my job, i have lost my home , my vehicle is not legal, i have fines to pay because of no insurance. I could really use some assistance as to where to even begin.
MrsMerkel

Post by MrsMerkel »

I've been living in my father’s house for 49 years. He was a veteran and passed away in 2001 and left no will. When he passed away I continued paying his mortgage until paid off. The auctioned off his property and I'm now being evicted from the new owners. Don't have money to move or to pay rent. My electric bill is $560 and is due on the 21 of July. Please if there is anything you can help me with it would be so much appreciated thank you.
Thompson

Post by Thompson »

I have a house that I need to sell because I am PCSing to Korea. I talked to a realtor and they advise me that short sale will be the best answer. Since the market is low in my area I will be selling the house for $20,000 less then what is owed. Are there any programs that the government has set up to help military members so that short sales will not affect their credit?
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Talk to your agent, a short sale if done properly will not hurt your credit, this is a step most take before losing a home. If you are giving it away for $20,000 less then you will have to make up that short fall. Have you thought about maybe renting it until the market gets better?
Noise

Post by Noise »

I was injured on duty in 2009 and am still in the National Guard. My injuries have gotten worse and I am out of work. I have 3 small children in my home. I have had a VA evaluation recently and waiting on a rating to determine if I'm eligible for service. Meanwhile I have gotten behind on mortgage and utilities and just need assistance getting caught up. Being a veteran, I have no other resources to ask for help and have tried to do it but injured myself worse trying to work for close to minimum wage. If there are any resources that I can use please help me keep my home, I am out of options.