need help with electric and light bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
lfalkner0622
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

need help with electric and light bill

Post by lfalkner0622 »

I am a single mother of 4 but i only have 2 in my custody right now.I only get one income and i am out here trying to find a job so that i can try to get caught up to date on my bills. My son have very bad asthma and i have to pay for some of his medications. Like I said i only get one income a month and it is hard to find a job out here. My rent is now $625 and i am barely making it out here with what is left. i just recieve a letter today telling me that my bill is $976.95 and it is due on Sep 21, 2010 if it is not recieved by the 28th of this month that my stuff will be cutt off. I have tried to call and make payment arrangements on my account. I really do hope that i can get some kind of help for this because i really can't afford to get my services cutt off with my children in this house. but for now I need some major help.....PLEASE HELP ME! :(
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: need help with electric and light bill

Post by Admin »

What state and who is your utility company? Usually utilities companies have a program that will not turn off service for a family or person with a medical need. Sometimes it is illegal as well. There are attorneys who may be able to provide free advice on the legality of a utility disconnection. Here is free legal advice by state.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html
lfalkner0622 wrote:I am a single mother of 4 but i only have 2 in my custody right now.I only get one income and i am out here trying to find a job so that i can try to get caught up to date on my bills. My son have very bad asthma and i have to pay for some of his medications. Like I said i only get one income a month and it is hard to find a job out here. My rent is now $625 and i am barely making it out here with what is left. i just recieve a letter today telling me that my bill is $976.95 and it is due on Sep 21, 2010 if it is not recieved by the 28th of this month that my stuff will be cutt off. I have tried to call and make payment arrangements on my account. I really do hope that i can get some kind of help for this because i really can't afford to get my services cutt off with my children in this house. but for now I need some major help.....PLEASE HELP ME! :(
jenneifermegan

Post by jenneifermegan »

I need advice or some assistance. I am a licensed Chicago Realtor. my electricity is shut off due due a [* due amount of $1,600. I am not scheduled to close until the end of the month however i need my service because i have asthma. I was able to defer the bill in june and july however because of the delay in closings i have not been able to pay. I need my service to use my machine for my alburterol. Help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Assume that you live in Chicago and Cook County Illinois? If so, here are programs for the Cook County area. The main one may be The Community and Economic Development Association of Cook County, Inc., and they can be reached at (312) 795-8844. Also, if you have a medical condition like ashtma, I do not think power company can turn off your power.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
jenneifermegan wrote:I need advice or some assistance. I am a licensed Chicago Realtor. my electricity is shut off due due a [* due amount of $1,600. I am not scheduled to close until the end of the month however i need my service because i have asthma. I was able to defer the bill in june and july however because of the delay in closings i have not been able to pay. I need my service to use my machine for my alburterol. Help
Patl

Post by Patl »

i need help to pay my light bill of 248.00 before oct.11. I got a cut off notice,i am disabled and on a fixed monthly income -ssi income,i live in Lexington, ky. I can not get no help cause they all say they are out of money!!!,i am on oxygen,need my lights cause my heat is electric and so is my stove. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!. PLEASE SEND MONEY FOR THIS LIGHT BILL.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is in the Lexington - Fayette County Kentucky County. There are some winter and summer utility programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... assis.html
For example, you can call any of these agencies. Community Action Council for Lexington-Fayette, Counties, Inc., and the phone number is (859) 244-2212. Other examples may be the wintercare or the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). So when you call the community action agency ask about those programs.
Patl wrote:i need help to pay my light bill of 248.00 before oct.11. I got a cut off notice,i am disabled and on a fixed monthly income -ssi income,i live in Lexington, ky. I can not get no help cause they all say they are out of money!!!,i am on oxygen,need my lights cause my heat is electric and so is my stove. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!. PLEASE SEND MONEY FOR THIS LIGHT BILL.
TesSLund

Post by TesSLund »

First and foremost thank you for taking the time to read my email. I really need some help with my electric, light and gas bill, I am a full time student with a part time job. In march I fell ill and missed some work and became behind on my utilities and even my tuition. I am confident that if I could just get a little help catching up I would not need any further assistance. I have exhausted the options you have on your website and I cannot seem to get a call back or reach any one ( I have tried numerous times with many numbers). So I thought maybe you could lead me in another direction for this light bill. Thank you so very much again for taking the time to look over my email. Be blessed and I will be looking forward to any information you may have for me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several utility and light bill financial assistance programs in Missouri. While nothing is guaranteed, many utility companies are willing to work with you, give some type of payment plan, put off disconnection, etc. The Missouri energy assistance programs include such options as the Missouri statewide HeatShare program which gives aid for unexpected emergency's (like illness, job loss). Others may be run by the Community Services League 816-254-4100. Anyway look into those energy bill programs from the resource above.
TesSLund wrote:First and foremost thank you for taking the time to read my email. I really need some help with my electric, light and gas bill, I am a full time student with a part time job. In march I fell ill and missed some work and became behind on my utilities and even my tuition. I am confident that if I could just get a little help catching up I would not need any further assistance. I have exhausted the options you have on your website and I cannot seem to get a call back or reach any one ( I have tried numerous times with many numbers). So I thought maybe you could lead me in another direction for this light bill. Thank you so very much again for taking the time to look over my email. Be blessed and I will be looking forward to any information you may have for me.
Trichet

Post by Trichet »

I have been looking online for utility assistance in Wilmington, NC, and I keep getting directed to your website. I am sending this e-mail because I have contacted the salvation army and several others to help me, which I am told that no funds are available to me. I have just paid the security deposit for a new apartment that I moved into, for my 3 year old daughter and I. I need to pay gas 50$ I owe and a 150$ deposit, water: 228$ bill I owe and 250 deposit, and the electric 284 deposit, and light bill $32. I was hoping that you might have some more resources that would be able to help me and my son to move into our new home. thank you for reading this
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well we are the leading organization to turn to for free information! That may be why you keep finding our website. Hopefully you found the information you need about financial assistance with bills in Wilmington, North Carolina. If not, here is the place you want to review for North Carolina electric bill assistance. For example Progress Energy offers the Energy Neighbor Fund, which is created from customer and local donations. Call 1-800-452-2777 for data on this program. Many others are noted too, including rent help, debt counseling, and much more.
Trichet wrote:I have been looking online for utility assistance in Wilmington, NC, and I keep getting directed to your website. I am sending this e-mail because I have contacted the salvation army and several others to help me, which I am told that no funds are available to me. I have just paid the security deposit for a new apartment that I moved into, for my 3 year old daughter and I. I need to pay gas 50$ I owe and a 150$ deposit, water: 228$ bill I owe and 250 deposit, and the electric 284 deposit, and light bill $32. I was hoping that you might have some more resources that would be able to help me and my son to move into our new home. thank you for reading this
Roche1

Post by Roche1 »

I have lost time off work being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis an my lights and water are about to be disconnected I've sent letters from my doctor to show i am medical hardship and cant be with out electric service the company Alexa keep saying they didn't receive the info as well call my contact number is I've contacted over 100 companies that are charity an no help unless i am a txu customer
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Most utility companies offer aid for medical hardships. Or at least will postpone disconnection and/or provide more time to pay an energy bill. Also usually will enter into payment plans. Call your utility company and the community action agency in your area. Also find energy assistance programs by state and provider. You will need to call customer service and ask for their plans. Maybe escalate it to a manager.
Roche1 wrote:I have lost time off work being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis an my lights and water are about to be disconnected I've sent letters from my doctor to show i am medical hardship and cant be with out electric service the company Alexa keep saying they didn't receive the info as well call my contact number is I've contacted over 100 companies that are charity an no help unless i am a txu customer
Aflac

Post by Aflac »

Dear Utility bill assistance,
I am writing this email in order to ask for your help in helping me preventing my lights from being cut off. I am working but i am only getting 7.75/hr and my husband lost his job 2 months ago. We managed to keep our heads above water for as long as we could, but with me having some medical problems which prevents me from working sometimes and our savings being exhausted we cant make it anymore. Our situation became worst recently because I just underwent surgery that makes me unable to work for almost 3 weeks. I would greatly appreciate any help that we can get. Thank you so much in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe look into some type of payment plan, government assistance like LIIHEAP, and call Salvation Army and other charities. The fact you have some income is good and better than some, and if you can pay a little towards your energy bills the companies are usually willing to work with you. Find tips, advice, and programs here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nee ... bills.html
Aflac wrote:Dear Utility bill assistance,
I am writing this email in order to ask for your help in helping me preventing my lights from being cut off. I am working but i am only getting 7.75/hr and my husband lost his job 2 months ago. We managed to keep our heads above water for as long as we could, but with me having some medical problems which prevents me from working sometimes and our savings being exhausted we cant make it anymore. Our situation became worst recently because I just underwent surgery that makes me unable to work for almost 3 weeks. I would greatly appreciate any help that we can get. Thank you so much in advance.
Handy1

Post by Handy1 »

Hello,

I’m in some temporary need of financial assistance with our Utilities. Our PG&E bill for the past few months is $232.60 and our Roseville Utilities bill is $87.83. My husband works on commission and it’s been dead with no money at all coming in. He has accepted a new job with steady income, but it doesn't start till June. I’m a full time student with a part time job only working 9 hours a week. We are both looking for night time jobs to help keep us afloat. I’m grateful to anyone who can assist us in this time. We just paid our rent to avoid eviction.