Assistance from a non-profit charity group needed

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
shannon14
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance from a non-profit charity group needed

Post by shannon14 »

I am looking into assistance for my sister. She is about $4,000 behind in rent, has a $360 car payment every month, and her energy bill is up past $800. She is a single woman who is recovering from a difficult layoff and having a hard time getting back on her feet. Any information regarding assistance (primarily Rent) would be very much appreciated.
Also, I got laid off from shipyard first of all. Been looking for work, and my kidneys felled and I died. Was bright back to life and was in ICU for 5 days, leaving wife and 2 kids strained not knowing what to do. Now I'm out and all my bills are here piling up. Please help us. Thanks you!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance from a non-profit charity group needed

Post by Admin »

You may be able to lower that car payment from the $360. Did you ever look into refinancing your auto loan? It is usually free to do, and simple to get a quote. National banks like Chase and Bank of America offer the programs. Most people just don't realize they can do this for some reason. Sort of a new product. Also you can find how to get help with rent to on the site. Find the auto loan refinancing programs and options, and at least get a quote and see if you qualify. Good luck.
shannon14 wrote:I am looking into assistance for my sister. She is about $4,000 behind in rent, has a $360 car payment every month, and her energy bill is up past $800. She is a single woman who is recovering from a difficult layoff and having a hard time getting back on her feet. Any information regarding assistance (primarily Rent) would be very much appreciated.
Also, I got laid off from shipyard first of all. Been looking for work, and my kidneys felled and I died. Was bright back to life and was in ICU for 5 days, leaving wife and 2 kids strained not knowing what to do. Now I'm out and all my bills are here piling up. Please help us. Thanks you!
Kaufmann

Post by Kaufmann »

I am a stepmother to three kids and receive SSI, my husband was injured back in 2006 in the coal mines but still worked till he couldn't anymore. He is applying for SSI between his back and shoulder he cannot do anything much. I am needing help on some of the bills with school starting up we are just not able to pay on the bills. The mother is suppose to pay child support but has hardly ever paid anything for them in 3 years. I have called every number I can find for non-profits, charities, and government programs to get help on bills and our heating and air but no one has called me back or replied to a e-mail. I really need help. We have two window units for air it keeps it cool enough in here but the back room doesn't cool real well the heater we have is a gas one on the wall the unit inside the place burned up a few years back. If you can find any help please reply back. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have information on a number of assistance programs for Charleston and the entire state of West Virginia. Many of the energy companies that operate in the state of WV offer grant programs for low income families with children, there are lawyers to call for free legal advice and much more. Find assistance programs in West Virginia and ohw to get help with bills and expenses from non-profits and WV government programs.

Kaufmann wrote:I am a stepmother to three kids and receive SSI, my husband was injured back in 2006 in the coal mines but still worked till he couldn't anymore. He is applying for SSI between his back and shoulder he cannot do anything much. I am needing help on some of the bills with school starting up we are just not able to pay on the bills. The mother is suppose to pay child support but has hardly ever paid anything for them in 3 years. I have called every number I can find for non-profits, charities, and government programs to get help on bills and our heating and air but no one has called me back or replied to a e-mail. I really need help. We have two window units for air it keeps it cool enough in here but the back room doesn't cool real well the heater we have is a gas one on the wall the unit inside the place burned up a few years back. If you can find any help please reply back. Thanks
Vick

Post by Vick »

My husband lost his job almost two years ago. His unemployment is no longer coming in and I just don't make enough to cover my bills. He is trying to find a job any job that will help, but we have a 2 year old that will require child care if he works during the day. Nights are ideal to save on the cost of childcare. I haven't paid utilities in over a month. Not sure when they are going to start turning things off. Deferred my car payment for two months. Don't have money for food or diapers. Tried to turn of extras with cable but under contract and would have to pay cancellation fees, which I don't have. Tried to get money from 401k for hardship, but apparently this is not a hardship. Now if I were buying a house or if I wanted to go to school...that is a hardship and you can pull money out of the 401(k). I am at my wits end and don't know what else to do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have a number of charity groups listed on the site, most of them are national non-profits. There are places like Lutheran Services, St. Vincent de Paul, and many others. They almost always have limited funding though and really restrict who gets funds for rent or utility bills. But the charities may also have basic needs for you, like that food or diapers. They a worth a shot though. Locate charities for paying bills.