Agencies for rent and utilities

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Thornton
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Agencies for rent and utilities

Post by Thornton »

Hello,

I live in Upland, California. I am days away from being evicted from my apartment and having my utilities turned off. I am in search of phone numbers for agencies or charities in my immediate area that can help me with my problem. I am unemployed and I do not have a vehicle so I would need places near my home. I have exhausted my savings and I have been selling my belongings in yard sales, etc. to make ends meet but I have run out of options. Can you please help me so I do not have to move out and live on the streets. I would appreciate any information that is available. I owe about $300.00 for my utilities, combined. I am nearly 3 months behind in my rent and need to pay $1975.00 to my landlord by the end of the month to keep the eviction process from beginning. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance you can provide.

Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Agencies for rent and utilities

Post by Admin »

We can definitely provide phone numbers for rent and utility programs and agencies. That is what we do! There are hundreds in the California area. The state has been hit hard by the recession, and budget cutbacks, but people do have options and programs available to thm. Especially if you are facing an eviction too. Info is here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/los ... ogram.html

Try places like St. Joseph Family Center, phone number 408-842-6662
The upland and Los Angelse Salvaltion Army. Dial Salvation Army
St. Margarets Center, call them at 310-392-8701
Those are just a sampling. Good luck to you.
SandiStanley

Post by SandiStanley »

I am trying to get help for my 66 year old mother, help with electric bills from some type of agency. She has never needed assistance before and would usually be the giving. Unfortunately my stepdad , her husband left her after 36 years of marriage, he gave no warning and is giving no financial help and all she has is her social security which means she can not pay all her bills. If anyone knows where to get help please let us know.
GeorgeDep

Post by GeorgeDep »

To Whom it May Concern:

My husband has been self employeed for at least 10 years. Well do to the
economy at the begning of this year we lost a lot and have no business so my
husband has not worked since the beginning of the year. I work part time we
are both searching for full time.

Since he hasn't been working we fell behind on a few bills. Our utilities
are ok but due to paying those and rent and food I had a hard time keeping
up with our cell phones. Now we do not have a land line and prefer not too.
We use our cell phones for everything. We also have 2 children and I really
like to have my phone working.

Is there any way at all that we could get a one time assistance with our
bill? Maybe some type of non-profit agency can provide grants or resources?
Once we can grt help with the past due then we will be able to keep it
cought up. Please let me know if there is anything that you can do or
direct me somewhere.

Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
So it seems like you are looking for help with paying your phone or cellular bills? Or was it utilities. Not sure by your post below. Either way the main site can direct you towards agencies. If it is your phone bill, then click here for information on such options as the Lifeline and Link-Up plans. Always look into Safelink Wireless. They offer government supported cell phone plans.
But all else being equal, if there is a bill you can't pay, let it be the phone bill. Utilities need to be a higher priority.

GeorgeDep wrote:To Whom it May Concern:

My husband has been self employeed for at least 10 years. Well do to the
economy at the begning of this year we lost a lot and have no business so my
husband has not worked since the beginning of the year. I work part time we
are both searching for full time.

Since he hasn't been working we fell behind on a few bills. Our utilities
are ok but due to paying those and rent and food I had a hard time keeping
up with our cell phones. Now we do not have a land line and prefer not too.
We use our cell phones for everything. We also have 2 children and I really
like to have my phone working.

Is there any way at all that we could get a one time assistance with our
bill? Maybe some type of non-profit agency can provide grants or resources?
Once we can grt help with the past due then we will be able to keep it
cought up. Please let me know if there is anything that you can do or
direct me somewhere.

Thank you
Lamgley

Post by Lamgley »

I found your information online when researching if there was any help with my ComEd and Nicor energy bills. I have not recieved disconnect notices yet but I am afraid it is coming soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It is great that you are exploring options before receiving a disconnect notice. That is exactly what you should be doing. Find all of the Illinois energy assistance programs, including those offered by Nicor such as the Sharing Program and the ComEd programs such as the newly offered Residential Hardship Fund. Both utilities in Illinois also work with local non-profit agencies.
Lamgley wrote:I found your information online when researching if there was any help with my ComEd and Nicor energy bills. I have not recieved disconnect notices yet but I am afraid it is coming soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Dumas

Post by Dumas »

I live in Wausau, WI and am 26 years old currently with no place to live and no source of income or family to help pay for rent and utilities. I'm also recently pregnant with my second child a due date of of early 2012 and I cannot find any place here in town that will help me with rent and I fear I will not have a warm place my baby boy can call home when she is delivered or a place to lay her head down. Also, for right now I'm worried as the cold weather is starting to arrive and I don't know what to do. HELP please!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are several places and financial aid programs that operate in Wisconsin. Many charities can help people, especially if have children. Find the Wisconsin heating and energy assistance, such as Keep Wisconsin Warm Fund (KWWF) which is run by Salvation Army's in the region. Another option is the Energy Fund which is run by Madison Gas and Electric, and dial 1-800-245-1125 to get information on this low income assistance program.
Dumas wrote:I live in Wausau, WI and am 26 years old currently with no place to live and no source of income or family to help pay for rent and utilities. I'm also recently pregnant with my second child a due date of of early 2012 and I cannot find any place here in town that will help me with rent and I fear I will not have a warm place my baby boy can call home when she is delivered or a place to lay her head down. Also, for right now I'm worried as the cold weather is starting to arrive and I don't know what to do. HELP please!!!
Gronk1

Post by Gronk1 »

I got a disconnect notice on my utilities and I don't have the money to pay it. It is over $500 and I have to pay it within 5 days or my landlord will kick me out on the Cincinnati streets. I can't pay my rent and my utilities as I don't have enough money. My rent is $ 730. I need help so my family and I don't get put out on the street. Please let me know if there's emergency funds available to help me out. Thanks.
HarryS

Post by HarryS »

My nephew stays in Parksley VA, In Accomack County. and is in need with help paying her utility bill. He has three children and her utilities has been cut off. The temperature is very cold and they need help. I stay in South Carolina and am not financially able to pay her bill. Her bill was $400 (estimate). To get it turned back on would cost a cut on fee plus next month's utility bill. She does have a husband in the house and right now she does not have any money. Virginia does not have in place the law where it is illegal to turn off heat in the winter. I would be grateful any assistance or advice on where she may obtain help. Red Cross has helped in the past, but they can't help but once every 2 years. The children are ages 15, 10, 4, and twins 2 years old. The children need a warm house, the shelters are filled.
JBerman

Post by JBerman »

I am a single mother desperately looking for help. I have a 5 year old daughter. I just got laid off my job. I've been signing up for every agency I can find for help. I've signed up for Social services and TANF program. I've had my bank card stolen from me, and I have 2 cut off notices for a light bill & water bill. I can honestly say I am struggling and have no where to turn to and no help. Is there anyway I can receive help from anywhere? This is my cry for help.
Perfectly Taylored

Post by Perfectly Taylored »

Directly to the point. I am a 22 year old female. I got shot by an ex in September 2014 and its been hell since. I lost my saving for medication and I almost lost my mind because I would never thing anybody would shoot me. I am a hard worker but I am a little disable now, the bullet broke my writing hand and .strong foot. I fled away from Kansas City and moved to Los Angeles with broken bones and $50 to my name, I sell Avon and make crafts to pay rent but I'm barely making it and I am just dog tired. I have no family or loved ones I just need a little help. I am only 22 and I wasn't born with money so starting without support is almost impossible. Please help me don't let the value of money be more than the value of life. I would pay anyone back as soon as I get on my feet