Help. I am disabled and unable to pay my bills

State and local government assistance programs.
sharonjane123
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help. I am disabled and unable to pay my bills

Post by sharonjane123 »

I am a 53 year old woman that is permanently disabled with a spinal cord disease that there is no cure for and is known to get worse with time. I presently live in Lakeland, Florida alone. I have been here 2 years and in this time my disease has progressed so that I am having trouble even taking care of myself. My disability check does not cover my lot rent and my house loan, car loan, utilities etc. I want to move back to Massachusetts so I can be close to my daughter who can help me with the physical care I need.
Do you have any suggestions how I can get back to Massachusetts with assistance for housing primarily. I need to leave florida as the plan I had fell through here, and now my health deterioration is causing me to need help and my daughter is the only one to help me.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Do you think being disabled I can get housing assistance quicker? I need to be around my old doctors also in Massachusetts as the ones here in Florida are not supportive of the constant pain I live in. I would want to move to the North shore of Boston if that helps in any information you can give me. Many thanks, and God bless.
S
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help. I am disabled and unable to pay my bills

Post by Admin »

While I am not sure exactly which town or county you are looking to move to in Massachusetts, here is information on the various assistance programs across the state. Scroll mid way down to find towns and counties. There is also information on free Massachusetts health clinics and medical centers. Maybe they can help you with the spinal cord disability too. There are definitely housing programs in most parts of Massachusetts too. Maybe they have some funds for moving costs? Call and ask them.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mas ... progr.html
sharonjane123 wrote:I am a 53 year old woman that is permanently disabled with a spinal cord disease that there is no cure for and is known to get worse with time. I presently live in Lakeland, Florida alone. I have been here 2 years and in this time my disease has progressed so that I am having trouble even taking care of myself. My disability check does not cover my lot rent and my house loan, car loan, utilities etc. I want to move back to Massachusetts so I can be close to my daughter who can help me with the physical care I need.
Do you have any suggestions how I can get back to Massachusetts with assistance for housing primarily. I need to leave florida as the plan I had fell through here, and now my health deterioration is causing me to need help and my daughter is the only one to help me.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Do you think being disabled I can get housing assistance quicker? I need to be around my old doctors also in Massachusetts as the ones here in Florida are not supportive of the constant pain I live in. I would want to move to the North shore of Boston if that helps in any information you can give me. Many thanks, and God bless.
S
GeorgeDep

Post by GeorgeDep »

Ms.Key's husband passed away in april 2011 which he paid most of the bills; she draws Disability of $845. per month.I have found her an apartment but it runs $550. a month she can only afford 250-300. month, all of the low income apartments at Paddock Ridge are taken so they just have the $550..She is also on the waiting list at the housing authorities that list is 6 months to 1 year long."HELP Her Please
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So what in particualr do they need help paying? Is it more all bills, are focused on the rent from the new apartment? I think maybe you want to view the main site for all resources and programs that can help with bills. Basically dozens of programs, national charities, and other programs are out there. Service exist for the disabled too. And help for medical bills and expenses and resulting issues. Look into section 8 too if disabled.
GeorgeDep wrote:Ms.Key's husband passed away in april 2011 which he paid most of the bills; she draws Disability of $845. per month.I have found her an apartment but it runs $550. a month she can only afford 250-300. month, all of the low income apartments at Paddock Ridge are taken so they just have the $550..She is also on the waiting list at the housing authorities that list is 6 months to 1 year long."HELP Her Please
Maryannbernaz

Post by Maryannbernaz »

Im a 31 single mother of one im on disability and get only 682.00 a month i need around 4500.00 to pay off all my bills so i can start at a clean slate in my life i owe 3500 for my home and the rest is for other bills and also to fix up my home i would be so great full if some one could help me out i would like to do things with my son but never have enough money at the end of the month to take him to do anything like even a five dollar movie thank you for your time
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It appears as if you live in Wisconsin. But what county or city in that state? Without knowing that hard for us to provide specifics details on programs or resources that you can use. So use this link for Wisconsin financial assistance programs, scroll mid way down the page, then pick your city. How are your bills $4500 per month, or did you mean $450? Anyway to work at all?
Maryannbernaz wrote:Im a 31 single mother of one im on disability and get only 682.00 a month i need around 4500.00 to pay off all my bills so i can start at a clean slate in my life i owe 3500 for my home and the rest is for other bills and also to fix up my home i would be so great full if some one could help me out i would like to do things with my son but never have enough money at the end of the month to take him to do anything like even a five dollar movie thank you for your time
Obama Martini

Post by Obama Martini »

finding AVAILABLE emergency assistance in Alabama is a strenuous battle. i am not renting, but staying at a weekly/monthly studio complex. i am here only because it allows pets. i have a service dog for (stress induced) seizures - the irony, right? Mobile has very few women's shelters and none can accommodate my dog, regardless of certification. i am on disability because, in accordance with state law, a drivers license is revoked for a year subsequent from being diagnosed an epileptic. my monthly check doesn't come close to cover the absolute necessities. every organization, church, charity, and the like is lacking financially. if i am unable to pay by tomorrow morning, my dog and i will be on the street. literally. do you know where i can get emergency financial assistance in Mobile? or could you point me in a promising direction. any help would be much appreciated. thanks.
Nashville

Post by Nashville »

Hi I am seeking help in paying bills! I got injured on the job Nov 2011 and lost my job July 2012 and haven't been able to work since do to a 20% permanent partial disability and tons of restrictions and living with chronic pain and spasms every day! Going to a Neurologist on the 31st! Everything is tied up with Worker's Compensation and the Lawyer! So during this process I had no help with anything except my parents but they can't afford to continue to help me I never thought this would last so long so far a little over a year! I had to put every day expenses on Credit Cards and now I am in over my head in debt!! Medical Bills are outrageous as well thanks to workers comp! The only help that I received so far is Food Share $200 a month but that does not cover supplies toilet paper and other stuff we need to live with every day gas hair cut etc.!!! I do have Energy Assistance for the power bill! Is there any agencies that can help me??
ZZTopper

Post by ZZTopper »

I am disabled from a bad car accident and no longer able to work. I need help with my current rent ($700) a month and also my electric bills. My wife is no longer able to work from a medical condition. I just need some assistance until her disability becomes active. My disability check is gone before I can even get groceries. Are there any temp help programs available?
charlesSch

Post by charlesSch »

My husband and I are both disabled, living only on $900 per month. We need rental help. Tried contacting local programs, but they don't have section-8 vouchers available to help with rent. We have two dogs, so government housing is out of the question. Our rent is $800, we do get food stamps and medical help, but we can barely make it and all our bills are late, some have been working with us and we have gotten help also for our oil heat. We could use help with gasoline, since we live 20 miles from our doctor, groceries stores and pharmacy. Anything would help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are correct in that Alabama doesn't have as many resources or assistance programs. Mostly it has to do with it being a smaller, less affluent state, so donations and funding just isn't there to fund many charities and non-profits. But there are some options and churches to call upon. Just keep trying. We have numerous resources listed for emergency help. So explore the programs in your town or county. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
ScottBander

Post by ScottBander »

Hi, I am not sure where to turn or even start. My family has been struggling for years because of loss of income. But this past year both my and my husbands health have gotten worse, we have both applied to Social Security and we do get food stamps, but we have zero income and live with his grandmother and out 2 children.

I have several conditions such as CRPS, type 1 diabetes, neuropathy and a blood disorder that have caused me to spend most of this past year in the hospital, and my husband has liver issues and other health problems. I have no idea how to even get my children a coat let alone Christmas gifts this year. My daughter is 6 and my son is 3. Is there a way to ask you for help or do you have any ideas on where to turn? We live in Philadelphia . My children’s school pays for our internet since we do online schools, both children are also in special ed classes and speech and OCC therapies.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try public aid in Philadelphia, as they offer solutions for the disabled and those with no income. Did they offer you any other benefits besides food stamps? As there are many other programs in the Philadelphia region from social services, so call them and ask. The information on aid is on the main site. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... adelp.html
Sam Tool

Post by Sam Tool »

Don't know where to turn to. My husband lost his business Tuesday night when the building he rented caught fire. He had just recently started this business 2 months ago. It was a complete loss. Everything he owned was ruined. I would never ask for help but don't know where to turn. I haven't worked due to health issues and he was our soul provider. We have used what little savings on this business. Please keep our family in your prayers.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Often times you can take out some form of loan to rebuild a house. Or apply for a mortgage. There are resources for people with a disability as well. If the business did have an income, and was profitable, then your chances of being approved are much greater as well. So try one of these loans for the disabled for the cash you need.