Phone bill

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
bostonrob

Phone bill

Post by bostonrob »

I need help with my phone bill this month. My bill is usually 82.00 a month but to my surprise it is 556.26. this month I need my phone. Can you help? I live in Cleveland, Ga. I only get 566.00 a month in income and government assistance. My rent is 500.00 A month. Please help me with phone bill as I need my phone.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Phone bill

Post by Admin »

The federal government does have some telephone assistance programs that can help with phone bills, providing service, and other aid. They include Lifeline and Linkup. Most of the phone programs are run at the state government level, and money can help someone pay to get a telephone installed. Most programs are run by the local community action agencies, and the programs are targeted at the low income and elderly in the community. Explore the lifeline and linkup programs.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ram__.html
bostonrob wrote:I need help with my phone bill this month. My bill is usually 82.00 a month but to my surprise it is 556.26. this month I need my phone. Can you help? I live in Cleveland, Ga. I only get 566.00 a month in income and government assistance. My rent is 500.00 A month. Please help me with phone bill as I need my phone.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

I have a lifeline phone with Verizon in Philadelphia.My income is Public Assistance, I recently graduated CITI Business School, and I am presently in job-search,and I needed to get online for my job search. I installed Verizon as a
internet server, and my phone bill is 173.00 I am having difficulty paying this bill and I was wondering if you could please help
me to pay off just this so that I could continue to search for a job. I have been out of work for almost 15 years so it is taking awhile for me to find a job but I now have the skills to help to become financially independent. Please contact me as soon as possible. Much appreciated
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Lifeline phones should be just about free. Here is the contact information for Lifeline telephone assistance program. Also, did you look into the link up phone program? That may be another option for you. How could you have been out of work for 15 years?
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ram__.html
cat1 wrote:I have a lifeline phone with Verizon in Philadelphia.My income is Public Assistance, I recently graduated CITI Business School, and I am presently in job-search,and I needed to get online for my job search. I installed Verizon as a
internet server, and my phone bill is 173.00 I am having difficulty paying this bill and I was wondering if you could please help
me to pay off just this so that I could continue to search for a job. I have been out of work for almost 15 years so it is taking awhile for me to find a job but I now have the skills to help to become financially independent. Please contact me as soon as possible. Much appreciated
Snapon

Post by Snapon »

To whom it may concern,
My phone Bill is almost $1000. This Monday November 28,2011 I will have knee surgery and currently unable to work; I also am planning to attend college starting in January.I have started the process of taking the party who was responsible for my second line to court, however it will not be processed in time to prevent my line from being disconnected
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How did you get a phone bill up to $1000. That is incredible and most have done something seriously wrong. Anyway, that being said, look into maybe free government telephones. Some of the federal government programs include Link-up as well as maybe Lifeline. They can even offer free programs for cell phones too. Many companies such as SafeLink offer these phones for low income qualified people too.
Snapon wrote:To whom it may concern,
My phone Bill is almost $1000. This Monday November 28,2011 I will have knee surgery and currently unable to work; I also am planning to attend college starting in January.I have started the process of taking the party who was responsible for my second line to court, however it will not be processed in time to prevent my line from being disconnected
Messy-one

Post by Messy-one »

I hope you can help me, I just received my billing from AT&T (just received online) and was so shock at the price I called them immediately as the sales rep. did no explain it would include March and April (2 months of service, an activation fee, and calling another toll-free number to get the rebate which won't be received 4-6 weeks in the mail!). I discussed plans and got it down to a low cost plan for the next six months and cost of bill went from $276 to $213.00 (does not include their rebate/reward card after that is applied it will be down to $113.00 but won't get much later). I must of called 3 different AT&T numbers, several transfers, at their suggestions to set up a payment plan once I got through was a person out their Columbia, SC office -- when she transferred me the woman asked for info again and put me on hold and next thing ....no connection. Called several time and each time went thru about 6 different transfer and representative some could not bring up my account, some did and others did no help for me. I am on SSDI and was in such a state of shock you are my last resort, please help. I was not told many things (like 2 months of service will have to pay up first, or an activation fee, etc.). Please direct me for any assistance you can help with. Below is what the bill online was sent to me in which I also tried their "representative" via chat and it is an "auto" response closest to the question, did not help. I am waiting for my paper bill to arrive in the mail as well (hoping to get a better contact representative listed on bill).
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

If you haven't had the plan from AT&T long, meaning it's less than 30 days, you can take it back and cancel the contract. Then go on the internet and look up best cell phone plans, I finally decided based on the amount of calling I did, to get a pay as you go phone, since I only use my cell phone for emergencies. I pay 100.00 for 1000 minutes and this usually takes me a year to use, saving me 630.00 per year from a 40.00 per month plan with Verizon. When talking to representatives from phone companies and or cell phone companies, always remember not to let a salesman pressure you. If you have to write notes down on a piece of paper and then go over the notes with the saleman and then ask that he sign the paper as to the fact that this is what was discussed. If he won't sign it then all he cares about his is bottom line numbers to keep his job on how many contracts he can get that month. I worked for a cleaning company and one of my stores was AT&T and in the break room every night I would see a chart on the board with every salesman name on it and how much percentage they were doing. How many per day, how many per week, and the overall percentage by the month.
Sportsfans

Post by Sportsfans »

Hello,
I was out of work for several months and got behind on both my only phone bill and my electric bill. I am now working but can't get caught up because of the balance owed from being behind. I will be more than glad to send copies of my AT&T phone bill and my KUB electric bill. If I could get current it would help me a GREAT deal. Please let me know.....thank you very much
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

I have been unemployed off and on for 4 years now, I was reading my last bill from Verizon, and I had heard this before also. In looking over my bill, I did see something about helping with low income people afford phone service. I called verizon and explained that I am on unemployment and Food stamps. I got my basic service down to 15.00 a month. and internet at 19.00 per month. It's called the Regional Essentials package.
Downsized

Post by Downsized »

I am really behind on my water bill and phone bill. I am not working at the time cause I am in school full time. My husband is trying to pay everything on his on right now, been looking for work but have not landed anything yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JordyNelson

Post by JordyNelson »

Hi! I am a US citizen and currently claiming 'unemployment benefits' I get only $ 125.00 per week (They reduce tax from this amount and I get around $ 110.00 per week.) I do not have a home phone and have only a mobile phone. My provider is AT&T and I pay close to $ 60.00 per month for my plan. (950 minutes per month plan). I cannot afford to pay it with my limited income. I really need some assistance to pay my monthly phone bill. Also I go for lots of job interviews/job club activities etc. I do not have a car for my transport and it is a great help if I can get a monthly free metro pass as well. Kindly refer me to a social service office which deal with the above two areas in my neighborhood. Look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely,
C Boyd

Post by C Boyd »

Need assistance just one time with paying cell phone bill and hooking up utilities. No money and in the whole in bank to where they canceled my membership. I have dual diagnosis that hinder me with working at moment, but on way to recovery. Need my phone so my DHS worker can call, my probation officer, and my treatment center counselor can contact me and for apply at jobs need my phone. Help it will be turned off soon. I get $288 social security and $442 from the state of Alabama. My rent is $375 per month. I do not have enough money to pay all my bills. I am 63 years old and have had a heart attack and still have heart problems and cannot get my blood pressure regulated. I also have dental problems and do not have money to pay for my dental work.
Brady12

Post by Brady12 »

I live in Montana, I would like to inquire about your program for assistance to help pay the phone bill, as well as getting a cell phone. I am 100% disabled, blind, with many other medical problems as well. I am on Social Security disability and my disability check is $750 a month. I was trying to find a place online where I could fill out an application to see if I qualified for your help, if you could either email me information on how I need to file for this help or assistance, or if you could give me a call. I would appreciate any help that you could give. Thank you for any assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, most people do not have a phone phone and only a mobile. So what is your point? The lifeLine program in California and really any state only covers one phone. So maybe that will help you pay the bill you have. AT&T is part of Lineline as our other companies, so you will have a wide ranging of companies to pick from. Find more details on California Lineline phone assistance.
JordyNelson wrote:Hi! I am a US citizen and currently claiming 'unemployment benefits' I get only $ 125.00 per week (They reduce tax from this amount and I get around $ 110.00 per week.) I do not have a home phone and have only a mobile phone. My provider is AT&T and I pay close to $ 60.00 per month for my plan. (950 minutes per month plan). I cannot afford to pay it with my limited income. I really need some assistance to pay my monthly phone bill. Also I go for lots of job interviews/job club activities etc. I do not have a car for my transport and it is a great help if I can get a monthly free metro pass as well. Kindly refer me to a social service office which deal with the above two areas in my neighborhood. Look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely,