Help with rent and utilities

Find how to get help with rent
MANUELA62
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with rent and utilities

Post by MANUELA62 »

:D Hi, My name is Ruth, I am a single parent with a child that has some medical problems- I am currently working with a temp agency but
have been behind in my rent in the amount of $650 and my electric bill is$587 and my water bill is over due $100. The reason behind is because I am still trying to catch up from being off work about 1 year or more. I have lost everything I owed from house to car and bank account of 15 years - I am trying to go to agencies but everyone I go to seems to never have any funds even on the 1st of the month they
say they have just ran out or my application is denied - I don't have medical insurance and they denied me many times for state aid, my son received medical benefits from the state due to his disability and I have been without insurance for 3 years now. I live in Tennessee, and I really need to catch up. The house that I am in now is the house that I lost into forclosure due to no job - I thank God everyday for keeping me with a roof over our head, and I have never been in this predictament before- so I humle myself and ask for assistance knowing that God will make a way somehow, but I have to step out in Faith and ask - May God Bless whomever can help me and my family out :D
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with rent and utilities

Post by Admin »

Hi Ruth
You didn't mention exactly what city and/or county in Tennessee, so I will send you the list of programs for the state. If you scroll midway down the page you will find various counties, and click on county to find local non-profits and charities. If you are working many creditors to tend to work with people and give them time to repay. I think look into some type of payment plan for electric bill, rent. Agencies do tent to hve limited funding. That is unfortunately the case.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ten ... grams.html
MANUELA62 wrote::D Hi, My name is Ruth, I am a single parent with a child that has some medical problems- I am currently working with a temp agency but
have been behind in my rent in the amount of $650 and my electric bill is$587 and my water bill is over due $100. The reason behind is because I am still trying to catch up from being off work about 1 year or more. I have lost everything I owed from house to car and bank account of 15 years - I am trying to go to agencies but everyone I go to seems to never have any funds even on the 1st of the month they
say they have just ran out or my application is denied - I don't have medical insurance and they denied me many times for state aid, my son received medical benefits from the state due to his disability and I have been without insurance for 3 years now. I live in Tennessee, and I really need to catch up. The house that I am in now is the house that I lost into foreclosure due to no job - I thank God everyday for keeping me with a roof over our head, and I have never been in this predicament before- so I humle myself and ask for assistance knowing that God will make a way somehow, but I have to step out in Faith and ask - May God Bless whomever can help me and my family out :D
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

Im an electrician out of work for ten months, i am a husband and father of two boys. i used all of our savings and now we cant pay our rent or afford to move somewhere cheaper. i need help for a few months to get back on my feet. thank you for your time. Rent assistance; other bills--not credit cards; need employment, but I am 56, cannot do much manual labor due to physical condition, and I am trying to overcome a criminal conviction from 14+ years ago. i would love some help paying my ele bill and im in need for heating help as well i have two childing and i dont make alot of money at work im low income family and a single father of two thank you

I need a apartment and help paying rent and utilities. Me and my 22 month old baby and soon to be husband live with his grandparents and they r using us as slaves and to get extra benefits and they try to be my babys mom and dad i am only 18 but i know when i am being used by people i need help please somebody help me and my family we will work hard i have a cna license and home health care license graduated high school Please if u read this and u can help please do .::
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you are facing a disconnection of your utility service and have an unpaid bill? What state? So are they in effect stealing from the government by reporting you for those extra benefits. If so you can report that and probably get a rewards from the federal government. If you need employment, try a work from home job. In the meantime, read about some of your rights when it comes to heating and utility disconnection laws. Your power company can only do so much, especially if you have kids and a family. You do have rights.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/uti ... nnect.html
Luigi wrote:Im an electrician out of work for ten months, i am a husband and father of two boys. i used all of our savings and now we cant pay our rent or afford to move somewhere cheaper. i need help for a few months to get back on my feet. thank you for your time. Rent assistance; other bills--not credit cards; need employment, but I am 56, cannot do much manual labor due to physical condition, and I am trying to overcome a criminal conviction from 14+ years ago. i would love some help paying my ele bill and im in need for heating help as well i have two childing and i dont make alot of money at work im low income family and a single father of two thank you

I need a apartment and help paying rent and utilities. Me and my 22 month old baby and soon to be husband live with his grandparents and they r using us as slaves and to get extra benefits and they try to be my babys mom and dad i am only 18 but i know when i am being used by people i need help please somebody help me and my family we will work hard i have a cna license and home health care license graduated high school Please if u read this and u can help please do .::
BPMigas

Post by BPMigas »

HELLO I LIVE IN KALAMAZOO, MI I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 2 KIDS. I AM TRYING TO GET INFORMATION/CONTACTS FOR AGENCY'S THAT CAN HELP ME WITH BILLS, GAS, AND ANY OTHER HELP I CAN GET. I HAVE A VERY PART TIME JOB AND HAVE RECEIVED NOTICE THAT I REACHED MY LIFE MAX FOR CASH ASSISTANTS. I HAVE WORKED OFF AND ON ALL MY LIFE I HAVE A DEGREE AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR OVER 1 YEARS ITS BEEN VERY HARD. BI JUST NEED TO BE POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IN MY STATE FOR HELP. ANY THING YOU CAN PROVIDE ME WITH WOULD BE GREAT. THANK YOU AND MY GOD BLESS U RICHLY FOR YOU AID.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You came to the right place for information on contacts/agencies, etc! Find Kalamazoo assistance programs. there are organizations like the Kalamazoo County Action Bureau (269) 373-5163 as well as the Comstock Community Center. (269) 345-8556. Some of the assistance is only offered once per year at most.
BPMigas wrote:HELLO I LIVE IN KALAMAZOO, MI I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 2 KIDS. I AM TRYING TO GET INFORMATION/CONTACTS FOR AGENCY'S THAT CAN HELP ME WITH BILLS, GAS, AND ANY OTHER HELP I CAN GET. I HAVE A VERY PART TIME JOB AND HAVE RECEIVED NOTICE THAT I REACHED MY LIFE MAX FOR CASH ASSISTANTS. I HAVE WORKED OFF AND ON ALL MY LIFE I HAVE A DEGREE AS A MEDICAL ASSISTANT. I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A JOB FOR OVER 1 YEARS ITS BEEN VERY HARD. BI JUST NEED TO BE POINTED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IN MY STATE FOR HELP. ANY THING YOU CAN PROVIDE ME WITH WOULD BE GREAT. THANK YOU AND MY GOD BLESS U RICHLY FOR YOU AID.
Goldwolf

Post by Goldwolf »

I need assistance paying high utility bill and rent. I am currently working but due to previous loss of employment have become very behind in all bills. I am currently working 8-5 Mon-Fri and am unable to take time off to go to an appointment with most assistance programs due to probationary status and the financial hardship it would make to miss time at work, but I desperately need assistance to catch up.Any information or assistance would be greatly appreciated. ::Thank you.
angiedilley

Post by angiedilley »

I live in Mount Vernon WA - I am behind on my power bill and I have no resources with which to correct the issue and I am about to have my power turned off! I can not apply for assistance until after Oct 1st. I work 40 plus hours a week and I can not make ends meet, I had my hours cut and it has hurt the household income greatly! I am looking to get about 900 loan, or maybe a person that is willing to help me and co sign with me on a loan. I am just looking to keep myself afloat, a loan would give me the ability to bring everything current and not be behind the 8 ball. Are or is there anyone out there that is willing to take a chance and be a compassionate person and help me with this issue?????
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well if you are working that much maybe the Washington utility company will work with you on a payment plan. Usually not a good idea to take out a loan for a bill, especially power. Anyway to cut back anywhere else? Here is information on Washington utility bill assistance programs and agencies. Almost every power company in the state offers some type of financial assistance program for the needy, and will work with you. For example, every energy company in Washington and each Public Utility Districts offers low income assistance. Mount Vernon WA is in Skagit County. Find information on non-profits in Skagit County too that may offer financial assistance.
angiedilley wrote:I live in Mount Vernon WA - I am behind on my power bill and I have no resources with which to correct the issue and I am about to have my power turned off! I can not apply for assistance until after Oct 1st. I work 40 plus hours a week and I can not make ends meet, I had my hours cut and it has hurt the household income greatly! I am looking to get about 900 loan, or maybe a person that is willing to help me and co sign with me on a loan. I am just looking to keep myself afloat, a loan would give me the ability to bring everything current and not be behind the 8 ball. Are or is there anyone out there that is willing to take a chance and be a compassionate person and help me with this issue?????
lightning

Post by lightning »

I am a current resident of Davenport Iowa and live in Scott County. I am 25 weeks pregnant and I am being cut down hours at work. I currently work at an auto dealership and will need to take time off and cut back hours. My doctor is unsure of how long this significant cut in hours will last, but I will not be able to afford my rent and electric without help as my husband is currently out of work and just get unemployment. I am hoping there is a program that I qualify for that will be able to help me in this time of need. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is there anyway to go on sort term disability if pregnant. If so, would that income be more than you would get paid from the reduction in hours? If not, then you may need to look into Iowa assistance programs and public aid, and just may need to file for help. And husband just needs to keep looking for work as well so you can both get back on your feet. Usually government aid can help with expenses like rent. Also call your utility company in Iowa for aid.
lightning wrote:I am a current resident of Davenport Iowa and live in Scott County. I am 25 weeks pregnant and I am being cut down hours at work. I currently work at an auto dealership and will need to take time off and cut back hours. My doctor is unsure of how long this significant cut in hours will last, but I will not be able to afford my rent and electric without help as my husband is currently out of work and just get unemployment. I am hoping there is a program that I qualify for that will be able to help me in this time of need. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from you.
Rose_f

Post by Rose_f »

I need help paying electric,water, and car insurance bills & have to renew tags this month. I have a job i have had for almost a year without a raise. I am taking the compass test in a few weeks & I have to pay for two classes & books before I qualify for a pell grant. I have two girls that are 12 & 15 years of age. They do what they can to help out but they play sports so that's more money & gas that we have to spend. I don't get child support. The automobile I have breaks down or has flats all the time. I am on section 8. I have food stamps but they only last about a week & a half at the most. We are barely making ends meet & I don't like asking for help but my doctor says I'm under so much stress that my blood pressure is high & im now on meds for it. I am not complaining just letting you know what is going on. I have worked since i was 14 & will continue to work til I die but Im at the end of my rope I need help. I want to finish my degree to show my girls that no matter what age you can get an education but I want them to learn from my mistakes & get their education now so they don't have to struggle like me. I love them because they have been so understanding & done without so much so we can have the basics. I just need help, please any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is an extensive listing of programs a needs that you have. While would your food stamps only last 1.5 weeks. They should last months, if not years, as long as you are looking for a job or attending job training. For this extensive amount of needs, maybe talk to a social service agency in Illinois like the Salvation Army. They have centers across the state, and help tens of thousands of low income Illinois families per year. They may also have a food pantry for some additional meals for you are your family. Medications, cash assistance, and much more is often provided by the Salvation Army, and read more here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ill ... ial_a.html
Rose_f wrote:I need help paying electric,water, and car insurance bills & have to renew tags this month. I have a job i have had for almost a year without a raise. I am taking the compass test in a few weeks & I have to pay for two classes & books before I qualify for a pell grant. I have two girls that are 12 & 15 years of age. They do what they can to help out but they play sports so that's more money & gas that we have to spend. I don't get child support. The automobile I have breaks down or has flats all the time. I am on section 8. I have food stamps but they only last about a week & a half at the most. We are barely making ends meet & I don't like asking for help but my doctor says I'm under so much stress that my blood pressure is high & im now on meds for it. I am not complaining just letting you know what is going on. I have worked since i was 14 & will continue to work til I die but Im at the end of my rope I need help. I want to finish my degree to show my girls that no matter what age you can get an education but I want them to learn from my mistakes & get their education now so they don't have to struggle like me. I love them because they have been so understanding & done without so much so we can have the basics. I just need help, please any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
Zuckenberg

Post by Zuckenberg »

Hello,
I am looking for any kind of housing and rental assistance, also bill assistance. I’m 28 single never been married and I have no children. I have been living with my mother for all my life but she was diagnosed with dementia last summer and I had to place her in a nursing home. Before that time I was taking of her and also my father before he passed. I have not been able to work for the past ten years and now I am actively seeking employment but no luck. I am at the risk of losing the apartment and being homeless. I need some help please.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have information on both of these needs for Floyd County. Another positive is that the agencies that offer housing will usually help someone find a job too, as they want the person to be able to pay their rent on their own in the future. Hang in there, and eventually you will find a job. Until then, find information on financial aid in Floyd County.