Electric bill help in Michigan

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
jMacdouglas1

Electric bill help in Michigan

Post by jMacdouglas1 »

hi my name is nimr hazime im 69 years old recieving ssi. i am renting a 1 bedroom condo and the condo is foreclosed and im about to be evicted. i have no money. i need help with electric bill 437.00 cant afford to pay it. i am disabled. please help me i have no one. i cant move and dont have money to move. thank you.
huggy4428
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Electric bill help in Michigan

Post by huggy4428 »

I too am disabled and I understand how scarey it can be at times. Call your local Dept of Human Services. They will be able to direct you to help. They can help with utility payments and also are in touch with local charities. These local charities can help you move and get your life back on track. Don't give up!
melissa_jalbert

Electric bill and heater assistance Michigan

Post by melissa_jalbert »

My husband is laid off we put in electric heaters to help bring down our gas bill. we were estimated on our electric bill for 3 months they finally did an actual reading. now they want us to catch up an 1800.00 dollar electric bill in 6 weeks and there is noway we can pay our house and other bills plus the 349.00 every 2 weeks to catch up our electric bill that they want. we live in Michigan and dont know what to do.
gr8momof42k2

Post by gr8momof42k2 »

I truely understand where everyone is coming from. I ama mother of 4 children, 2 of which are disabilied. My husband lost his job over a year ago and we have been having a very hard time with our bills with what I make. Our electric has been shut off for over 6 weeks now and our gas was just shut off too. I have gone down to the DHS office and applied for the SER and was approved for $550 but I would have to show proof that I paid the additional $5500 before they would pay that to them. I have gone to the Salvation Army, MCOP, St Vicient De Paul, UnitedWay, churches, etc and guess what They all say the same thing "We are very sorry for your situation but we don't have any funds at this time. Please take care and call again in the future if you need any help." So Here I sit in the dark, taking my 14 yr old down to the neighbors house to hook her up to her breathing machine so she can live-She has a terminal illness called Cistic Fibrosis which requires her to be put on a breathing machine 3 times a days for 30-45 mins. Yes I have contacted the electric company and they told me they could turn it back on for 21 days but I would have to pay them 80% of our back bill before, well thats not going to work so I don't know what else to do. I am sorry if I sound bitter but as a working mother and wife I am a little upset. So PLEASE if there is anyone at all that knows where I could go or has anyother suggestions PLEASE PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me. Thank You Very much for taking the time to read this. In the mean time if I hear of anything that will help anyone I will post it ASAP.
lcat11032

Electric bill help Grand Rapids Michigan

Post by lcat11032 »

My name is Lauren I am unempolyed and my electric is about to be shut-off and I don't have the money to pay the bill with no income coming in. I live in Grand Rapids Mich and would like to know if there are any programs to help?
B123

CPS electric bill

Post by B123 »

I just lost my job of 7 years about a month ago and my CPS bill has become high and I cannot seem to catch up on my bills and needed to see about getting assistance. I have 7 children aging from 1 year to twelve years of age. Please help us with paying this CPS electric bill. I am really struggling here.
Flipit
anti spam: Blue

Post by Flipit »

Hello, I lost my job November 21st, and I have a emergency crisis, here. I have an electric bill that is $302.00, that was Due May 1st, 2014, and I am so afraid that they will cut me off very soon. I do not have the $302.00 to pay it. I applied for unemployment from state of Michigan, but I have to have a hearing on June 13, and I will not know, just yet, when the unemployment will start after that. Please Help.

I have no monies at all to pay this electric bill. I believe this bill may be so high, is because my gas was cut off a month ago, and I had to use Electric heaters in here, because I heat with gas, and it was freezing inside my residence. Those heaters may have contributed to it being this high, I don't know. Thank you.
bobJohnson
anti spam: Blue

Post by bobJohnson »

To whom it may concern:
I am writing this letter on my daughter's behalf.
I need assistance paying an old electrical bill for DTE in the state of Michigan. My lights and gas will be turned off on the 29th of this month, July 2015 because they are in my mother's name. She is on the LSP program and has moved to her own home. The most the LSP program could do is keep my lights on until the 29th of this month. I hope I can get help before that date otherwise my three children and I will be in the dark. Please help us!