Free legal advice foreclosure

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
JareLis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Free legal advice foreclosure

Post by JareLis »

Hi: I have a question regarding my Mom's home, is foreclosed on i still live in the home,she passed away 2 years ago! She had a living trust and left the home to me I am her daughter! I need some type of free legal help and/or advice! I do not have much money to pay for an attorney or some of those other loan or mortgage modifications. I can't lose my moms home to the foreclosure. I have to go back to court in Michigan next week! Which is Dec 7th. 2010> any help! would be great! Thank You!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Free legal advice foreclosure

Post by Admin »

I agree you definitely need to ask these questions to a legal professional, and there are some pro bono law firms and legal programs that provide free legal advice. They should be able to answer your question on your moms home. Many offer foreclosure advice, and work with local HUD approved housing counseling agencies. Try this resource. for the legal aid. There are phone numbers for programs by state. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dvice.html
JareLis wrote:Hi: I have a question regarding my Mom's home, is foreclosed on i still live in the home,she passed away 2 years ago! She had a living trust and left the home to me I am her daughter! I need some type of free legal help and/or advice! I do not have much money to pay for an attorney or some of those other loan or mortgage modifications. I can't lose my moms home to the foreclosure. I have to go back to court in Michigan next week! Which is Dec 7th. 2010> any help! would be great! Thank You!
Ninab

Post by Ninab »

Help those of us who received a FEMA loan, as a result of 9/11, and seem to
be paying back, what I would consider conflicts with American usury law? It
seems that by the time I pay back my $35,000 loan in 2001, I'll have given
the government $75,000 on this loan. Is this fair practice and/or is there
anything I can do about it? Where can I get some legal advice from?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are really a lot of places to go to for legal advice for foreclosure and just housing issues in general. They include places like the National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling as well as NeighborWorks America. The non-profit offers extensive advice and counseling. Phone number (202) 220-2300. While not sure about the unsury law, the bottom line is they can provide free mortgage help and advice, and can help with FEMA too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/nat ... gatio.html
Ninab wrote:Help those of us who received a FEMA loan, as a result of 9/11, and seem to
be paying back, what I would consider conflicts with American usury law? It
seems that by the time I pay back my $35,000 loan in 2001, I'll have given
the government $75,000 on this loan. Is this fair practice and/or is there
anything I can do about it? Where can I get some legal advice from?
Zach

Post by Zach »

I have qualified for the making home affordable program, I get a modification and they stop the foreclosure. The only problem is the $3,450 I have to pay the legal department. They wanted me to pay yesterday, but I am currently $50 overdrawn and don't get paid even half that amount. Is there anything that can help me? After all the stress and paperwork I finally have the opportunity to keep my home, but I can't pay the fee. Please let me know if there is help out there for me. Thank you,