Utility bill help for unemployed

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Brig10
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Utility bill help for unemployed

Post by Brig10 »

Hi I have a family of 4. Me, my husband, son age 11yrs and daughter 6yrs. I lost my job going on 5 months i receive unemployment and my husband lost his almost 2 wks ago we really need help with our rent and electric just for one month we called charities but they say there are no funds... We've never got help before this is a first and hope to be the last.
please respond if you can help us please... We live in Las Vegas, NV.
David19

Re: Utility bill help for unemployed

Post by David19 »

I Rio Rancho NM I have been on unemployment going of two years and still am looking for a job, unfortunately unable to find anything in my line of work. Right now I have fallen behind on my utility bills and have been notified about them getting cut off soon. I would like to know if I can get some kind of help paying them at this time. Can the jobless qualify for some type of aid programs from government or something. Please let me know if I can be helped.
8 Please let me know if i can get some help. Thank you very much.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Here are some places for possible energy bill help, and maybe job training programs or counseling. Try any or all of the following programs and non-profits or charities. HELP New Mexico, Inc. is the community action agency in the Sandoval County area of New Mexico. They can direct people to utility programs, government aid, and be in contact with utility companies. Dial (505) 265-3717. Another non-profit called Storehouse West is a good option for you. They may have some emergency financial assistance and aid. Their phone number is (505) 892-2077. They may have Utility and Cooling Bill Payment Assistance, and know of the LIHEAP program.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/san ... e_pro.html
David19 wrote:I Rio Rancho NM I have been on unemployment going of two years and still am looking for a job, unfortunately unable to find anything in my line of work. Right now I have fallen behind on my utility bills and have been notified about them getting cut off soon. I would like to know if I can get some kind of help paying them at this time. Can the jobless qualify for some type of aid programs from government or something. Please let me know if I can be helped.
8 Please let me know if i can get some help. Thank you very much.
Possul123

Post by Possul123 »

I need help with paying my light bill and finding a job as I am unemployed. I live off one income which is $432.00 which come from child support. I have a house hold of four people. two kids and two adult. i just need help finding programs for my light bill until i can get on my feet with a good paying job. contact me with more information with any programs you find near me in jesup Georgia
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you collecting unemployment? How can income only be $432 month? Well, without having more details, here is an extensive listing of utility assistance programs in Georgia. Scroll down and select Wayne County and Jesup Georgia. Many agencies in the area may also offer job finding services and programs for you.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/geo ... grams.html
Possul123 wrote:I need help with paying my light bill and finding a job as I am unemployed. I live off one income which is $432.00 which come from child support. I have a house hold of four people. two kids and two adult. i just need help finding programs for my light bill until i can get on my feet with a good paying job. contact me with more information with any programs you find near me in jesup Georgia
Commodi

Post by Commodi »

I am a single mother of 2 children (boy and girl) I recently lost my job and am on unemployment- i get 350.00 per week for unemployment my rent is 995.00 per month I have no extra money right now to pay my water bill and or energy bill- I am facing disconnection as of October 15th if I dont pay the energy co 400.00 and facing water shut off if 214.00 is not paid in 10 days with my high rent payments I have no extra money for diapers for my kids, or other personal items, and barely food. I am in dire need of help for my energy bill as one of my kids is sick and my energy company does not seem to care about that factor I did receive 588.00 in energy assistance funds and also paid 120.00 to the energy company and they still want 400.00 additional dollars- I truly dont have it I dont know what I am going to do as I need to focus and help my kids first, and we need power. PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO TURN... THANK YOU
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think those expenses and your income just don't add up. Anyway to get a roommate or move in with friends/family, unless you can get a new job soon. In meantime, try reviewing our comprehensive page of electric bill programs and solutions such as LIHEAP, Operation Roundup, and free heating oil. Call your power company too and ask for a payment plan. Always a good option.
Commodi wrote:I am a single mother of 2 children (boy and girl) I recently lost my job and am on unemployment- i get 350.00 per week for unemployment my rent is 995.00 per month I have no extra money right now to pay my water bill and or energy bill- I am facing disconnection as of October 15th if I dont pay the energy co 400.00 and facing water shut off if 214.00 is not paid in 10 days with my high rent payments I have no extra money for diapers for my kids, or other personal items, and barely food. I am in dire need of help for my energy bill as one of my kids is sick and my energy company does not seem to care about that factor I did receive 588.00 in energy assistance funds and also paid 120.00 to the energy company and they still want 400.00 additional dollars- I truly dont have it I dont know what I am going to do as I need to focus and help my kids first, and we need power. PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO TURN... THANK YOU
Sutherland

Post by Sutherland »

Good day. im sending this e-mail to you requesting help to cover my past several utility bills over due. electric, and heating costs. this will be a one time request.I have never asked for assistance from any charitable organization in the ingham county. im dissabled and on SSi and do not have a job. i have a sickness and cant afford to be sick. i noticed your number on the website by google ( charitable organizations that will pay for utility costs). im in a desperate situation.Last month has not been paid ,or this month. this has never happened before to me. i have food stamps , and receive 698. monthly. i live in low income housing. alone and disabled. please e-mail back to me letting me know that you have received this e-mail concerning help from your service. im praying this will be covered all, or partial. from consumer energy owing 170.15 i will be waiting from your e-mail and praying that you will be able to assist this one time request.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As you can probably tell and read, we do not give cash out for paying utility or energy bills. We only offer advice, phone numbers, and information. That being said, here are Ingham County financial assistance programs. So do focus on the disabled, and others for heating and electric bills. Call around and see what you can find out and apply for. Some other agencies may even be able to give you food and our new housing too, and get you out of that unit you are in if that is what you want. Also try calling Consumer Energy as well for a payment plan.
Sutherland wrote:Good day. im sending this e-mail to you requesting help to cover my past several utility bills over due. electric, and heating costs. this will be a one time request.I have never asked for assistance from any charitable organization in the ingham county. im dissabled and on SSi and do not have a job. i have a sickness and cant afford to be sick. i noticed your number on the website by google ( charitable organizations that will pay for utility costs). im in a desperate situation.Last month has not been paid ,or this month. this has never happened before to me. i have food stamps , and receive 698. monthly. i live in low income housing. alone and disabled. please e-mail back to me letting me know that you have received this e-mail concerning help from your service. im praying this will be covered all, or partial. from consumer energy owing 170.15 i will be waiting from your e-mail and praying that you will be able to assist this one time request.
Pillsbury

Post by Pillsbury »

I have a past due PECO utility bill in the amount of $2481.56. I'm asking for any and all help in paying this off to reestablish electricity and heat. I lost my job due to my husband having a stroke and missing a lot of days taking care of him. If anyone can help me or offer some kind of assistance, I would be SO GRATEFUL. God bless you and keep you.
Rutgers

Post by Rutgers »

11/30/12 - My Utilities were shut off, to have them restored it cost $910. I’m Unemployed from the State Liquor Control Board, I have a disabled son who doesn't understand our struggles. I’m (2 months) behind on our rent (SEPT-$825)(OCT-$900) IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE HELP US....I AM A VETERAN, AM SEEKING ASSISTANCE TO GET BACK ON TRACK: SINCERELY
TracMaz

Post by TracMaz »

My mother passed away in late November at her home with the care of Hospice, my sister and myself. She had all the utilities in her name... I don’t live in the house, but my sister had lived there with her for 10 years. She lost his job in late spring, after working 4 years at Citi- when they did across the board layoffs -and she’s been collecting $800 unemployment each month. We’ve been getting utility bills in her name which I’ve been able to pay, up to November. She seems unable to manage - because this month, she must have been on the NY Utilities budget plan... and she just got a “final” bill of over $300... And it was due late January. Cable service has been cut off, internet she used for his job searches, but the phone is still on. She was due money on the Gas budget plan. Now, she is in imminent danger of having no electric as the weather is getting colder. The house is heated with Gas, but you need electric to run the furnace, hot water heater, etc. Is there any way you can help me get assistance for her? I was told by a local agency that the bill needs to be in her name before they will work with her, and she has such bad credit - he can’t get it in his name. The house is being foreclosed on and he won’t be there much longer and finding a job has been hard. If you could please offer some advice - I’d appreciate any help you could offer me. She is 42 - unemployed - living in my mother’s house and get’s $400 every 2 weeks in unemployment benefits.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You seem to be in the Illinois region. If so, then we have information on resources for that state. Many people who are unemployed can benefit from the LIHEAP low income program. This can help with paying natural gas and winter heating bills, with maybe some funds offered during the summer. The one big catch is it is usually for the very low income people, so your unemployment benefits may in fact push you over the eligibility guidelines. Anyway, more information for Illinois is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... eriza.html
BeachTide

Post by BeachTide »

I really need help paying for my utilities bills (especially my PG&E). I am unemployed and very behind in paying for them. I live in Rocklin New Jersey. If someone could please get back to me soon and let me know what else is in involved so I can start taking care of this soon.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

PG&E does offer some low income payment plans and other services to income qualified customers. Or you can learn about government aid and support as well. We have an extensive list of their programs. Read more.