Mortgage help for divorced

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
JareLis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Mortgage help for divorced

Post by JareLis »

I am presently separate from my husband going for a divorce. He stayed in the house that both of our names are on the mortgage. I moved out and am now renting. Between the debt we accumulated that I continue to pay and the rent, I don't make enough to cover this.

Is there a program for rental assistance in my case?

Is there a program to purchase a condo/townhouse for someone in my situation?

I heard that Society Hill Condo's offers a few for sale based on a persons income. This would be great!!!

Thank you for any help or advise you can give.

New Jersey
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mortgage help for divorced

Post by Admin »

Since you also have the divorce to deal with, mediation may be your best option.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/for ... grams.html
New Jersey and other states have both foreclosure mediation and prevention programs. A mediator can meet with owner, divorced partner, and the lender to work out some type of solution that will allow the person to save their home. they do base programs on someones income and ability to pay.
JareLis wrote:I am presently separate from my husband going for a divorce. He stayed in the house that both of our names are on the mortgage. I moved out and am now renting. Between the debt we accumulated that I continue to pay and the rent, I don't make enough to cover this.

Is there a program for rental assistance in my case?

Is there a program to purchase a condo/townhouse for someone in my situation?

I heard that Society Hill Condo's offers a few for sale based on a persons income. This would be great!!!

Thank you for any help or advise you can give.

New Jersey
Keirt

Post by Keirt »

Maryland
I understand there is a program that is helping women who are going through divorce, domestic violence, and lose of home that is a nonprofit organization and the woman has no rent until financially able to pay. I understand it may be a Baltimore City group however, they help in all counties. Can you tell me about this?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Not really sure about the divorced program, but there are mortgage and foreclosure assistance programs in Maryland. There are programs like the Lifeline Refinance Mortgage Program 1-800-756-0119 and the Maryland Homesaver Refinance Mortgage Program. Both can refinance loans, offer modifications, and much more.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mar ... ge_an.html
Keirt wrote:Maryland
I understand there is a program that is helping women who are going through divorce, domestic violence, and lose of home that is a nonprofit organization and the woman has no rent until financially able to pay. I understand it may be a Baltimore City group however, they help in all counties. Can you tell me about this?
Marimer

Post by Marimer »

My family live in Saginaw TX. We have fallen behind on payments as my wife recently left me. I have contacted my mortgage company (MIDLAND MORTGAGE) but all they can offer me is a re-payment plan, but the payments would be twice the amount of our normal payments. We recently had a divorce, and this is the reason why we had fallen behind. I would love to get the payments back to the amount we had them at. My family and I WANT TO KEEP our house.
Please if there is ANY thing possible we want to keep the house. I am the only person working in the house, and I support my 2 children and I receive no child support from her. I have been at my job for 9 years. Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you. I can be reached at the following.