Application for utility help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Looiurt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Application for utility help

Post by Looiurt »

Hi, I spent a great amount of time filling out information about myself..I'm 65, and disabled. And I need help with my electric bill. After filling out all my medication I went to the next page and it said error Cold Fusion whic I never heard of..I hope you can retrieve that application I cant get back to it....Helping hand said they would give me 50.00 when I got a notice for disconnection, now the bill is up to 253.00 because it was late..I'm afraid it will be another month before I get the disconnection...Please get back to me..a phone number would be helpful..I cant fix anything that goes wrong with the computor like Col Fusion..Sincerely ...I live bellow poverty level..Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Application for utility help

Post by Admin »

Where did you apply? there are no applications on this site. Regardless, looks like you are in Washington DC, and depending on where you live in the city, you do have options. Here is an extensive listing of programs in the Washington DC area. Try places like the Catholic Charities - ERAP - Southeast Family Center, which has a phone number of (202) 574-3442. Another option or non-profit in Washington is Greater Washington DC Urban League is (202) 529-8701. They can usually provide emergency disconnection assistance.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/was ... progr.html
Looiurt wrote:Hi, I spent a great amount of time filling out information about myself..I'm 65, and disabled. And I need help with my electric bill. After filling out all my medication I went to the next page and it said error Cold Fusion whic I never heard of..I hope you can retrieve that application I cant get back to it....Helping hand said they would give me 50.00 when I got a notice for disconnection, now the bill is up to 253.00 because it was late..I'm afraid it will be another month before I get the disconnection...Please get back to me..a phone number would be helpful..I cant fix anything that goes wrong with the computor like Col Fusion..Sincerely ...I live bellow poverty level..Thank you
Brokaw

Post by Brokaw »

Today I got a threatening shut off letter from my electric company. Duquesne Light of PA. It said that because I filed bankruptcy I had to send 103.00 deposit by Dec. 28, 2011 or they would shut off my electricity. I don't have the money to send. Also if I was a member of any assistance programs I would have to reapply. I am but I don't know if that will help me pay the 103.00 in time or not. Please help. They also stated that my old account is canceled and were giving me a new account number. This is all bogus. They were not included on my bankruptcy claim as I have always been an excellent customer with them making timely payments. Please help me figured out how and what to do about this. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

When you filed for bankruptcy you must have used an attorney or credit counselor. Call them and see what they say as maybe they can help with this Duquesne Light power bill or have advice for you. Just apply for those assistance programs and see where it goes. Here are the various Pennsylvania utility assistance programs and options that may be offered, and one you may want to look into is the Light Stay Warm Programs
Brokaw wrote:Today I got a threatening shut off letter from my electric company. Duquesne Light of PA. It said that because I filed bankruptcy I had to send 103.00 deposit by Dec. 28, 2011 or they would shut off my electricity. I don't have the money to send. Also if I was a member of any assistance programs I would have to reapply. I am but I don't know if that will help me pay the 103.00 in time or not. Please help. They also stated that my old account is canceled and were giving me a new account number. This is all bogus. They were not included on my bankruptcy claim as I have always been an excellent customer with them making timely payments. Please help me figured out how and what to do about this. Thank you.
MarkDavis

Post by MarkDavis »

What are some assistance programs that are available in Oklahoma for utility bills? I live in a rent house so I wouldn't be able to get help as far as making improvements to the house. I have already gone to my local DHS office about getting assistance there and they said that they have already used all the funds. Is there any other place that I could go to for assistance? Also what about Food Banks like Angel Food Ministries? Your site still shows that Angel Food is one of the food providers but they shut down more than a year ago. Are there any other programs like that available in Oklahoma? Thanks for the help!
Arod

Post by Arod »

Hello;
I live in Colfax Illinois in the county McLean. Currently I am unable to work due to on going health issues with a bad knee replacement and back issues. My income is largely dependent on child support which is not expected to begin until next month at the very earliest. We are currently behind on all our utilities. I have no vehicle and very unreliable rides to get anywhere to try and get any help. Any information on assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I can be reached via this email address.
Thank you again,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have tons of energy assistance programs listed for Oklahoma. It will really depend on who your utility or natural gas company is. Your income level is also a key factor in what you can apply for. Or you can look into the state and federal programs like LIHEAP. While your local DHS office was a good option, there are many other resources. Also look into some of the conservation programs that are available, and go ahead and find utility assistance in Oklahoma.
Namco1

Post by Namco1 »

My husband and I are needing help in paying our electric and gas bills. I had been unemployed for approximate 6 months. And that contributed to us falling behind on our bills. I am back to work now, but we are so far behind it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We have 1 child at home.
Our electric company is Duke energy and the gas is Veteran. We are struggling to make these payments. Any assistance given will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Call your utility departments directly and see if they will work a payment plan with you. That would be the best option. Call 211 for resources in your area also.