Home Repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
jbeers1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Home Repairs

Post by jbeers1 »

My mother lives in her home in Wisconsin Rapids,WI, Wood County. She was recently notified by her home insurer that they would no longer insure her home if repairs were not made to her home before Feb. 2012. The report told her that her home would need siding repair/replacement to protect exposed wood where siding is either missing or rotted. There are also windows that have glass panes cracked and need replacement. She is on a very limited budget and would not be able to pay for such repairs/replacements to meet the demands of the insurer.

I am not only concerned about the lack of energy efficiency in her home but safety as well. She walks with the aid of a walker and is recognized as a disbabled person.

Can you tell me where to start looking for assistance programs that can possibly help her with these repairs? I found information on the Wisconsin CAA – North Central CAP site.
Who do I contact? Are there forms that need to be filled out? I also found that the Community Action Program of Marshfield does provide Energy Conservation for low income and elderly which would include window repair and replacement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Wisconsin
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home Repairs

Post by Admin »

She may be a candidate for the weatherization program, It sounds like her income may qualify her, as well as the types of repairs and home imprisonments/repairs that she needs. If she can't pay, weatherization may help.
A few non-profits and or charities to call for help, and to ask for more aid, include North Central Community Action Program of Wisconsin Rapids, phone number (715) 421-2611.
Wisconsin Rapids Salvation Army dial (715) 421-2345
Community Action Program of Marshfield was a good place to call. Good step on your part. Just keep calling around, asking for programs, etc.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/woo ... gram1.html
Keirt

Post by Keirt »

My sister is a diabetic and disabled on SSI & medicaid she needs her central air conditioner/heating unit is leaking and has caused mold in the bedroom it needs to be replaced. She lives in Florida so an air conditioner is needed. and she does not have the money. Does Lheap have a program to help a disabled senior with this problem the central air unit is 17 years old the replacement estimates are $3,200 - $ 3,600 which she does not have. She lives in Highlands County Sebring FL 33870 Please try to help her. She does not have a computer.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For those types of home repairs, including glass, exposed wood, and more calling the North Central Community Action Program of Wisconsin Rapids is a great idea and good you did that. They do help people with low income or who are on a budget. The phone number is (715) 421-2611. Another option is Wisconsin Rapids Salvation Army, phone number (715) 421-2345.
Yes, energy conservation programs, such as weatherization, may be the best programs for you in your situation. They provide low cost grants and more. All improve energy efficiency.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/woo ... gram1.html
jbeers1 wrote:My mother lives in her home in Wisconsin Rapids,WI, Wood County. She was recently notified by her home insurer that they would no longer insure her home if repairs were not made to her home before Feb. 2012. The report told her that her home would need siding repair/replacement to protect exposed wood where siding is either missing or rotted. There are also windows that have glass panes cracked and need replacement. She is on a very limited budget and would not be able to pay for such repairs/replacements to meet the demands of the insurer.

I am not only concerned about the lack of energy efficiency in her home but safety as well. She walks with the aid of a walker and is recognized as a disbabled person.

Can you tell me where to start looking for assistance programs that can possibly help her with these repairs? I found information on the Wisconsin CAA – North Central CAP site.
Who do I contact? Are there forms that need to be filled out? I also found that the Community Action Program of Marshfield does provide Energy Conservation for low income and elderly which would include window repair and replacement.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Wisconsin
HermanB

Post by HermanB »

Good afternoon,
I found your website while looking for programs in the Denton County area to assist with funding foundation repair. We are in need of serious foundation repair but have been unable to afford the repairs. Could you please advise if there is an assistance program for Sanger, TX/Denton County to aid in paying for foundation repairs?
Thank you for your assistance,
ASorkin

Post by ASorkin »

Hello,
My Mom is 66 years old and has been living in a nursing home for rehabilitation since July of 2012. I am trying to get her home, but am having trouble finding someone who can build us a ramp for free. Our landlord has given us permission to have one built over the 4 steps out our back door. I live at home taking care of my dad who is 72 years old. We don't qualify for "low income" because of my income. I stuck between a rock and a hard place and don't know what to do anymore. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

A combination of energy conservation and some basic repairs can be made by the federal government. There are cash grants for the poor and very low income. The service is free. It is called weatherization.