Dental assistance

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
Diane
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Dental assistance

Post by Diane »

Hi My name is Diane & I am in direr need of dental work, my teeth are broken, missing & starting to absess. Problem is I can't afford to pay the dentist all at once. I went to western dental & got on the discount plan, but to have the bad teeth pulled & dentures it's going to cost $3825.00. I don't have that kind of money.. I work part time & pick up any odd jobs that I can, But they want $2300.00 up front. If I don't do something soon it will start to affect my health. I am 55 years old & just don't know what to do. I have tried everything I know of, Is there anyone that can help me with this.Please Diane
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Dental assistance

Post by Admin »

Wow, they want that much up front? Usually many dentists will offer some type of installment plans or work with patients a little more so then that. Surprised. But it is what it is. Looks like you registered from the Madison County area of Kentucky. If so, here is a listing of programs and places to call for low income assistance programs. Try the following.
The main place to go to for dental care is the Kentucky River Foothills Development Council, Inc. Phone 859/623-6514. They work with local clinics, government programs, and numerous other non-profits and charities in the community, They also have aid for bills and debts.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mad ... prog5.html

Diane wrote:Hi My name is Diane & I am in direr need of dental work, my teeth are broken, missing & starting to absess. Problem is I can't afford to pay the dentist all at once. I went to western dental & got on the discount plan, but to have the bad teeth pulled & dentures it's going to cost $3825.00. I don't have that kind of money.. I work part time & pick up any odd jobs that I can, But they want $2300.00 up front. If I don't do something soon it will start to affect my health. I am 55 years old & just don't know what to do. I have tried everything I know of, Is there anyone that can help me with this.Please Diane