Will the government replace an AC for people with COPD?

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
chelsea
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Will the government replace an AC for people with COPD?

Post by chelsea »

My mom is 80 years old and has COPD. She’s on oxygen 24/7 and takes breathing treatments for 4 hours a day. Mom and dad’s HVAC has just gone out and the repairman said it must be replaced. It is not repairable. They have a very low income from social security and a small pension. It’s getting very warm and humid in south Alabama and she needs A/C to be able to breathe with her COPD.
The new a/c unit is going to cost around $10,000. They cannot afford this. Is there any government assistance available for them since they are both seniors and ill?
Muhammad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Will the government replace an AC for people with COPD?

Post by Muhammad »

Hello, My name is Gary and I am requesting help for my cousin Sandra who has COPD.
She has no computer or way to contact people or apply for government help so I do it for her.
Sandra is 78 years old and on a limited budget.
Her Heat and AC unit is 45 years old and needs replacement.
Right now she is staying with me because it is just too hot for an elderly person with COPD to stay home.
I am trying to get help in any from the government to get her an air conditioner.