Find how to get help with rent
Anderson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rental resources needed in Lee County FL

Post by Anderson »

Hi good evening,
My name is Mary and I live in Lee County, Florida. I have tried pretty much everything to find help and I haven't been able to find anything. Sadly, I’ve been out of work for a couple of years. I am an therapist in Lee County, and my daughter got sick around the time of Covid with mental health and had a crisis where she had to be under psychiatric supervision. I am a total single mom, never any support financially. In Jan 2021, is when I had to leave my job as an RN. In January 2023 my daughter passed out at work to find out she had an added cardiac diagnosis. I also lost my rental I was renting in Hurricane Ian and our 2 family pets one month apart a month after the hurricane, Ian hit.
Technically I was on a month to month rent at the time, and the landlord decided when I evacuated that she had some repairs, and then was going to increase the rent and gave us 14 days to leave. Needless to say she initiated an eviction. We left. I was staying with my children in a place until November 2023, when we had to start staying in Airbnb. In October 2023, my car engine blew up and I lost my car. I have not had a car since. Other than a couple rentals here and there, I am in the hardest time in my life. Since Nov 2023 I have had to essentially live in an Airbnb. Currently since February I am in one that’s a duplex and the owner is letting us stay until June or July 1, whatever we need until we find a new place. I am trying to secure a remote job of some sort as we speak. I also work for affiliate marketing and was doing well for a while until I had a setback early March in dealing with my daughter. I have the option for home health, but I need a car. I also can do door dash, UberEATS etc.....Instacart. But I need a car for this. So, as it stands, I am making commission and trying to secure full time remote work somehow. If I had a car, my life would be so much easier. I don’t have anyone willing to even let me borrow a car. No one is in the position to offer this to me.
So, I am writing today to see if there’s any way you can help me in an emergency situation? I have been looking for a place, but my credit is terrible and I’ve been turned down for the pending eviction that was dismissed anyway, no judgement, yet I’ve had people use it against me so I am needing to find a home owner with no reliance on credit and income to allow me a chance to rent from them. I applied to several charity car options with no reply. I’m sure there is a waiting list mile long.
What I need is help with is what I am past due. I am past due $2500 and need to pay this or leave to find a new place in Lee County. He wants it no later than Monday or we have to leave. I don’t want to uproot my kids. I have someone who will be a roommate with me who is a family friend, but we have to find a place and she can’t move out of her parents until May 15. SO, this is temporary. I just really somehow need help with paying the homeowner here so we can stay. I will be able to pay him forward. I took a couple weeks off because I had an issue with my daughter in early April, and my dad just had surgery today as they discovered a bladder tumor that is likely cancer and things are beyond depressing and sad right now for me.
I have contacted several churches, human and veteran services in Lee County to get rent help. I haven't had any luck at all. I’ve been turned down everywhere. I just need this help to cover the past due so I can continue to stay here and secure the place I am trying to get.
I have been told we must pay or leave. I am in extreme need of help.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rental resources needed in Lee County FL

Post by Admin »

Hi Mary
There are many local (city wide) and country programs in Lee County that you can apply to for rent payment help. Interfaith is a church that may help and LOVE Inc gives referrals. Or charities may help too and find them here and more on where to get rent assistance in Lee County.
Anderson wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:45 am Hi good evening,
My name is Mary and I live in Lee County, Florida. I have tried pretty much everything to find help and I haven't been able to find anything.