Find how to get help with rent
Shelton
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need a place to go in Mesa after being evicted

Post by Shelton »

Hi,
I am Julia who recently was illegally evicted from my home in Mesa, AZ 85201. I had a verbal agreement for the last three (3) years with Landlord at Mesa Industrial to allow my trailer home to be parked at this location (utilities included) for free in exchange for landscape services.
On March 23, 2024 I arrived home to find the locks changed on my home in addition to the electricity turned off with a note taped to the door. Mr. Trevino would not take my calls and thus I was forced to seek help and was referred from Community Legal to take on the case of this unfortunate, unexpected incident.
The "Landlord" does not want to continue this arrangement and currently is holding my trailer hostage on his property attempting to collect "storage" fees. I am no longer willing to honor the arrangement either but I am locked out of my home until this situation is resolved.
am currently living out of my vehicle and have been since March 23, 2024 with nowhere else to go to sleep. This situation in addition to my attorney stating on the phone today that this "illegal eviction" issue will take some time to resolve. In the meantime, what help is available for older woman experiencing major life issues? I am currently enrolled in AHCCCS and Food Stamp program but have no home. I can also apply for any necessary information needed for Hotel Vouchers in Mesa as a temporary solution and a solution for future no to low income housing programs.