Rent assistance for place to live in San Diego

Find how to get help with rent
Sylvia Harris
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent assistance for place to live in San Diego

Post by Sylvia Harris »

I am living in unsafe living conditions here in San Diego and need new housing. There is an illegal sewer under the house that I was unaware of when I moved in 4 years ago. The sewer isn't supposed to be under the house, and it is leaking causing structural damage as well as mold. The city has came out and inspected and said the landlord is in violation of the foundation/structure and failed electrical inspection. Also, there was a bathroom built that wasn't permitted.
I have lived here 4 years and paid rent every month on time. He promised me he would never sell the house, but there are people that keep coming by to do "walk throughs" and one admitted he was a buyer and was looking to buy as the San Diego housing market is tight. He told me the house should be condemned and isn't buying it if course. I have 5 kids and I'm a single mom. I feel he is going to try to kick me out as he hasn't renewed my lease since he gave me a 1 year lease 4 years ago.
He always tells me to change the date myself, which I'm not going to do. I need to move into a forever home or need housing assistance but I don't have a down payment and I don't have first, last, security or a deposit. I do work full time. Is there any programs that can help?
Turadom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent assistance for place to live in San Diego

Post by Turadom »

Hello my name is Jennifer. I am 41 years old and have been homeless in San Diego for almost 5 years. I am in need of help of paying the rent for an apartment. I need help finding an affordable home. I have 2 sons who have been staying with my parents for the last 5 years. I want my son's to have a Mom again. I wish I could live in a safe home my son's would feel comfortable coming to visit and we could start rebuilding our relationship. I miss my son's every day
My older son is 17 and my youngest son is 13. I have no income at this time. Their father and I don't speak he visits with them but is not able to support them
They live with my mother and father And are well cared for.
I am writing this on a cracked cell phone sorry for any errors.
I don't know where to start. Please if you can not help me inform me please where to go here in San Diego. I am homeless and need help finding and paying the rent or a home.