Inflation and cost of living is making me ask for help

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Kellyey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Inflation and cost of living is making me ask for help

Post by Kellyey »

Good evening,
This is very hard for me and the first time I am reaching out in such a way but I have no other choice and truly fear the outcome if I do not as the high inflation and cost of living is really hitting us. I am a single 47 year old mother with 2 daughters that live at home, one who is 19 that lives with me full time who is in college for Criminal Justice and works full time at a government facility in Golden, Colorado and the other who is age 9 and I share 50/50 custody with her father. I am a hard working disabled full time employee with Kaiser Permanente since 2014 as a Medical Assistant and 1 of 3 in charge of Opioid Management at my location. I also carry full medical, dental and vision benefits for myself and my two daughters. I also have two other daughters and they are full grown living on their own with amazing careers.
I am reaching out in desperation as gas prices have gone up, my rent has gone up, food prices have gone up and now my car insurance rates have gone up and for why? I have never filed a claim, never had an accident, never had a ticket. While all this goes up, my pay does not nor do I get a raise annually. I am now accruing debt on a CC because my bills do not match my pay and in return hurting my credit terribly. Come next payday I will not have money for gas to get to work or may not even any money to pay daycare nor to get her there, food to feed my kids nor the money to pay my electric bill that is even higher this month due to the extreme heat so in hopes that I can still keep a roof over our heads and still keep our two cats that we love and adore so much. This is not a long term solution however until I can figure something out as inflation keeps coming down and I can get a second job that will work around my 1st job, work around daycare and or on the days that I do not have my 9 year old out, I am begging for some much needed help asap.
To most, they say or think I do not qualify as low income however, I hate the label as who really gets to judge my life and struggles. Last year, my daughter qualified for free and reduced lunch, I just applied for it a few weeks ago on the exact same income and was denied saying I make too much? And now I am worse off than I was before due to inflation. All of what I get in tax returns goes straight to paying off debt, that is my survival and responsibility. I have been struggling for four very long years now post COVIDF and with high cost of living and I am exhausted and it is only getting worse! I come home with roughly $1500 bi weekly and when it is all said and done with all bills paid bi weekly it totals $1429 and that does not include food nor gas. There is no splurging, no entertainment, no vacation.
I am seeking help for rent, for food and for electricity. I live in Adams County, Thornton Colorado. 80229. A I hope and pray that someone is able to reach out and help me or to guide me in the right direction to someone who can.
Kind regards,
Traci