Rent assistance in Jacksonville FL needed before eviction

Find how to get help with rent
Bluetooth
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Rent assistance in Jacksonville FL needed before eviction

Post by Bluetooth »

I live in Jacksonville, Florida, and will be evicted by August if not sooner. I need help with rent and a security deposit for a new residence by August, at the latest. Or need money to pay the rent I now owe so do not have to move which would be better
I paid the June rent a few days late and did nothing wrong. But the new owners of these rentals are ending the tenancies of all current residents so the owners can renovate and charge twice as much rent.
I am 69 years old, independent, and healthy, but I have no means to afford a new place to live by August. If I can't prevent eviction by that time, then I at least want to forestall it. By the end of August, I expect to have well-paying employment and will be able to get back to normal again.
So I am asking for (1) help to move by August--rent and security deposit for a new place to live. And I would like (2) legal advice to see if I can prevent or delay eviction.
I have not been able to get through to legal aid in Jacksonville Florida, the county of Duval or to the city of Jacksonville for housing help. I have done everything I can do and need help.
Deborah
I will give more information if you answer me.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent assistance in Jacksonville FL needed before eviction

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Whether moving or needing help with back rent, there are agencies in Jacksonville FL too. They includes City Social Services, NE Florida community action which serves all of Duval County, the BEAM charity and others. If you need the money by August, that gives you plenty of time to look for rent assistance so good for you for applying early. Find more programs here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Bluetooth wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:49 am I live in Jacksonville, Florida, and will be evicted by August if not sooner. I need help with rent and a security deposit for a new residence by August, at the latest. Or need money to pay the rent I now owe so do not have to move which would be better