Do programs replace concrete steps at home for the disabled?

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
MarcoR
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Do programs replace concrete steps at home for the disabled?

Post by MarcoR »

Hello, I am currently disabled and living in Salt Lake City, Utah. I was wondering if there is a program that can help replace my concrete steps. My concrete steps are falling apart. They are cracked and chipped with a big slope at the top. I have tripped a few times. I fell twice. I think it was because there is a huge chip on one of the steps. There have been a couple of other people who have fell and almost slipped as well. There's only one railing on one side. There really needs to be a railing on both sides. I have back, hip, knee, and joint problems. Fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, bugling disc, osteoarthritis, etc.
When I am having a flare up, I have to slowly walk up the steps and hold on to the rail. Because the top of the steps are cracked and have a slope, I have almost fell as I walk out of the front door. We got a estimate for $5,000 but the guy said he would probably need to replace the driveway way too because he could crack the driveway while replacing the steps. So he then wanted $15,000. We just need the steps replaced. This was back in November.