I am a veteran and need a place to live

Find how to get help with rent
AnnaCorran
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I am a veteran and need a place to live

Post by AnnaCorran »

I am in Franklin Indiana; I came here from the far west side of the state of Colorado. I hitch hiked here 1 week ago today is when I arrived. My dad threw me out of the house. I am here with no money or anything. I am a veteran and have never asked for anything. My fiancé is back home and has nothing; I was the only one working. After I left she was told to move because I was behind on rent. She has no place to go. I need help getting her to me. I will work for the help; pay it back, whatever it takes. I have a place for us to stay, with my niece. I ask for help and pray for help! Please at least answer me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I am a veteran and need a place to live

Post by Admin »

Welcome to Indiana. Can you go back home to your dad? Or are you committed to Indiana. We do have information on rent assistance in Indiana. Click here for that information. There may be some non-profits or government agencies you can call in Franklin and other parts of the state.
citi and BA

Post by citi and BA »

I am US Army veteran that is presently homeless but, I am working part time. I have applied for transitional housing threw the Long beach CA where I'm qualified to move at anytime. My problem is the down payment required for entry. My case worker has quoted both types of areas in which am able to live and start fresh but the 1 man room or double requires down payments of which I can't meet with the amount of hours I make bi weekly. Am also paying monthly of storage of my personnel property and child support. Once am in housing my plan is to seek more employment added to what I already have but in order to do so I need housing. Is asking for only monies needed to meet these needs? No cash would be taking by me I would prefer any and all transactions to be paid directly to the sources meaning Long Beach VA property management and my storage where my personnel property is stored. If you assist me in this I would appreciate it greatly and once am back on my feet with additional income I can set up a repayment plan. If you need my social workers info or other please contact me at the following number or email. Thank you for reading this.
Tommy10As

Post by Tommy10As »

Thank You for all the info, unfortunately I have been in contact with all the agencies you listed. No help- no funding left. There are a couple apartments available where the landlord has accepted me, a veteran, BUT I have no section 8 deposit or 1st months rent. If I could come up with 1 of the 2 the landlord would allow me to make payments for the rest. Our local DSS does not help with security deposits, and they wont pay 1st months until you have already moved in. I know it sounds crazy but that’s New York for ya.
silva

Post by silva »

I went to court on 10/25 in Fall River, MA I worked out a payment plan where I would make monthly payments for 1 of the 2 months of back rent and the $348 in court fees. I am a Veteran on Chapter 115, a state program which helps veterans, I requested one month back rent of 1035 on 5/3, requested denied. I filed an appeal on 10/21. Had a hearing on 10/24, will not receive notice until end of this month. I am scheduled to appear in court on the 15th. If I can obtain the one month back rent of 1035 and $156.25 in new court fees before the 15th I will avoid any further fees and being evicted for failing to abide by the court decision of 10/25. I provided letters from both my VA doctors regarding my mental health issues and a letter from North Falls Apartments.
Natural

Post by Natural »

I am a former Security Policeman, a veteran, who served my full 4 years honorably in the US military. Now I need a place to live here as my mental health is not good. During my time, I served three tours overseas in the Middle East--in hostile fire and hazardous duty zones, which included two 6 month tours to a remote site in the middle of Saudi Arabia as-well-as 3 months attached to Dhahran's Khobar Towers. During that 3 months I was chosen to aid Para-Rescue in Kuwait. (They didn't put that on my DD Form-214, but I've got kudos from the Saudi Commanding General for my conversations with General Horner, the USAF Commander of Desert Storm.
I stayed in a Soldier's Home in Chelsea MA, but my health was suffering from being there--mightily. I came down to Texas to try to start again and find a cheaper place to live in a low cost area. Seems I do that a lot. After a short time away from the East Coast, I'm 90% better as a result within about a month--as to how I feel. I might run into trouble within so many months unless I find a job, or I obtain some help via a voucher. Could you tell me what help is available down here in Texas for former servicemen--regarding a housing voucher? I do know that several of the persons that moved away from the Soldier's Home received some type of housing vouchers.