Single parent in Charlottesville looking for help

State and local government assistance programs.
Aurora
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Single parent in Charlottesville looking for help

Post by Aurora »

Hi! I am a single parent of two children in Charlottesville VA, one 9 and the other 4 years old. We are facing extreme financial hardship and homelessness right now, so I am reaching out to ask for help. We are in the Charlottesville area so I wanted to reach out and see if you had any programs where we could receive rent assistance?
I am working full time right now and am really trying to get back on my feet and I think this would be the first step to get us in the right direction finally. Their mother was incarcerated about 7 months ago, which has left us homeless and me without childcare during the day, so I lost my job (I have since gotten another job, thankfully). I have a strong desire to get our lives back on the right track, but just need some help getting there.
We haven't been able to find a home to rent. Overall, we are just in a bad position right now and any help your program could offer my family would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if there is any assistance that your program could offer to my family. Have a great rest of your day. (:
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Single parent in Charlottesville looking for help

Post by Admin »

Hi,
That is great of you for taking on the kids, trying to the other other lady, etc. There are charities and assistance programs in Charlottesville that may help, and you can look for them here. Since you are working full time that will help with your application as rent help is more likely to go towards someone working towards self-sufficiency. Here are the Charlottesville assistance programs.
Aurora wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:09 pm Hi! I am a single parent of two children in Charlottesville VA, one 9 and the other 4 years old. We are facing extreme financial hardship and homelessness right now, so I am reaching out to ask for help. We are in the Charlottesville area so I wanted to reach out and see if you had any programs where we could receive rent assistance?
I am working full time right now and am really trying to get back on my feet and I think this would be the first step to get us in the right direction finally.