Possible buying gas for work with EBT card

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Newday
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Possible buying gas for work with EBT card

Post by Newday »

I Moved here from Azle, I have two jobs, UPS in Arlington. I don’t get paid until next Friday and I have no gas in my car. If I don’t go to work Tuesday today, they are going to fire me. I don’t have a gas in my car but I get SNAP food stamps with my EBR card. No one will help me with $10 for gas. Are you going to help me with $10 for gas? I lost $180 yesterday not working. I am trying to make it on my own. I got my food stamps cut but still enough to pay for gas if that is possible. I don’t have Medicaid. I am retired, and Social Security retirement disability because I broke my back at 52. Now I am coming out of retirement. I don’t have gas money to go to A good paying job I will get paid next Friday! I will lose my job because I don’t have gas money. No one will help me. My Social Security check is only $1000 my premium for Medicare is going to come out of that thousand dollars I will have $700 on Friday to pay me $1060 a month rent. No one will help me
Sophia1

Re: Possible buying gas for work with EBT card

Post by Sophia1 »

Hi, my name is Tauna. I have been recently abandoned here in Utah. My husband up and left me here without anything, anyone, no money, no gas, no phone. I just have my benefits cards and EBT debit card. He had us come up so we could better ourselves. Then when I borrowed money to get us here to pay for gas. And we were here a couple days. He left me here without any family, any money, and no food, no gas but what was in vehicle 1/8th tank. Can I use the EBT to get gas and where?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible buying gas for work with EBT card

Post by Admin »

Hi Tauna (and the other request above),
You can't buy gas with an EBT card / SNAP. But there are some other places that may give free gas on a debit card, voucher, coupon or something else. In general, it is for work reasons though, but read more on free gas for a car.
Sophia1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm Can I use the EBT to get gas and where?